Vikings faithful hope for 'bounce bac...

Vikings faithful hope for 'bounce back' year

There are 42 comments on the KARE 11 TV story from Sep 11, 2012, titled Vikings faithful hope for 'bounce back' year. In it, KARE 11 TV reports that:

Vikings fans poured into Mall of America Field Sunday with high hopes that the team can rebound from a disappointing 2011 season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KARE 11 TV.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1 Sep 11, 2012
Were on the right track but we need to mix it up more.Forget about Adrian Peterson all the time.Need pass and run.
Bounce

Houston, TX

#2 Sep 12, 2012
7-9...

Since: Dec 06

United States

#3 Sep 12, 2012
Our CB's stunk it up real bad.Winfield and Cook couldn't stop the Jag Qb at all.
Worry abut the D
not mixing up the pass/run.# 69 was useless as well.

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#4 Sep 12, 2012
The first 2 wins are predictable it's finding wins after game 2.

Peterson needs to stop carrying guys that's how someone going to take his legs out again.
Harry

Cavalier, ND

#5 Sep 12, 2012
Childress wrote:
Our CB's stunk it up real bad.Winfield and Cook couldn't stop the Jag Qb at all.
Worry abut the D
not mixing up the pass/run.# 69 was useless as well.
True. Jared Allen was nowhere to be found. And Gabbert and the Jags looked really un-confident lining up on offense. But they got things moving.......

Other teams going up-tempo is a concern. The Vikes need to make situation adjustments faster.

Giving up a go-ahead TD with 20 seconds to go against a tune-up team..........gotta do better.
Word

Houston, TX

#6 Sep 13, 2012
Word...

“Goodbye my friend!”

Since: Jan 07

Pringle Hill.

#7 Sep 13, 2012
Childress wrote:
Our CB's stunk it up real bad.Winfield and Cook couldn't stop the Jag Qb at all.
Worry abut the D
not mixing up the pass/run.# 69 was useless as well.
Well, the invasion of the body snatcher refs did bone him out of a sack.

Winfield is almost Avant's age. I thought Cook does well at times just not when it counted the most this week. We did actually make the stop in overtime and when is the last time that happened with our defense?

Completely agree with you offensive assessment. Three straight runs on that last regulation drive after passing it right down the field on the previous two...WTF?

That first quarter was horrible. I was ready to hit the eject button on not just Ponder but, the whole team. He did wake up and I think when we get Simpson in there, we'll be that much better.

Oh, and if Percy wants the ball, please give it to him.

Basically, even with some more talent, the coaching is still suspect.
Missing Luck

Houston, TX

#8 Sep 13, 2012
bone him out of a sack....avant?

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

#9 Sep 13, 2012
Here's something of interest.

Comeback wins: Ponder 1, Rodgers - 0

Interesting stat on Rodgers is he only has 3 4th quarters comebacks and 6 game winning drives. He can build a lead early but can't recover when behind.

Ponder already has 1 comeback and 2 game winning drives.
purple faithful

Dallas, TX

#10 Sep 14, 2012
Stubby wrote:
Here's something of interest.
Comeback wins: Ponder 1, Rodgers - 0
Interesting stat on Rodgers is he only has 3 4th quarters comebacks and 6 game winning drives. He can build a lead early but can't recover when behind.
Ponder already has 1 comeback and 2 game winning drives.
yeah, Vikes obviously have the better qb. Great insight, stubby.

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

#11 Sep 15, 2012
Just a statement about Rodgers so called greatness. He is great building a lead but not so great recovering when down.
KJV

United States

#12 Sep 15, 2012
Gonzo wrote:
<quoted text>Well, the invasion of the body snatcher refs did bone him out of a sack.

Winfield is almost Avant's age. I thought Cook does well at times just not when it counted the most this week. We did actually make the stop in overtime and when is the last time that happened with our defense?

Completely agree with you offensive assessment. Three straight runs on that last regulation drive after passing it right down the field on the previous two...WTF?

That first quarter was horrible. I was ready to hit the eject button on not just Ponder but, the whole team. He did wake up and I think when we get Simpson in there, we'll be that much better.

Oh, and if Percy wants the ball, please give it to him.

Basically, even with some more talent, the coaching is still suspect.
Coaches only get better with time changing coaches is only necessary when the coach think he knows it all and gets a big head. Frazer has worked under Dungy and is a Dungy protege.
Give him time I think he will be a great one.
No Luck

Houston, TX

#13 Sep 17, 2012
Then again....
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#14 Sep 17, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Coaches only get better with time changing coaches is only necessary when the coach think he knows it all and gets a big head. Frazer has worked under Dungy and is a Dungy protege.
Give him time I think he will be a great one.
He'll be a great one for somebody else. He will get fired from the Queens soon. There has to be a better product to sell season tickets for at the new stadium's jacked up ticket prices
Change Coaches every 3K

Houston, TX

#15 Sep 17, 2012
Coaches only get better with time...see Oakland Raiders....
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#16 Sep 17, 2012
Change Coaches every 3K wrote:
Coaches only get better with time...see Oakland Raiders....
See Chicago Bears offensive coordinator too
Wash Hands of It

Houston, TX

#17 Sep 17, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>See Chicago Bears offensive coordinator too
Hope in one hand...giant log in the other...
Burgess Meredith

Littleton, CO

#18 Sep 17, 2012
Wash Hands of It wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope in one hand...giant log in the other...
I've been to the big island
kumoniwannalaiya

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#19 Sep 18, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>He'll be a great one for somebody else. He will get fired from the Queens soon. There has to be a better product to sell season tickets for at the new stadium's jacked up ticket prices
Id say the Wilfs will give Frazier a year or two.Lovey is the one that might lose his job.I heard on Kfan that JT the Brick said Cutlers a big baby and and called him little Lord Fauntleroy and that hes not a good quarterback and might not be back in Chicago next year.Said he was a baby in Denver and now a baby in Chicago.
More often tnah not

Littleton, CO

#20 Sep 19, 2012
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Id say the Wilfs will give Frazier a year or two.Lovey is the one that might lose his job.I heard on Kfan that JT the Brick said Cutlers a big baby and and called him little Lord Fauntleroy and that hes not a good quarterback and might not be back in Chicago next year.Said he was a baby in Denver and now a baby in Chicago.
I've seen Cuntler's act here in Denver and as a Bears fan I was not a big fan of the trade. He reminds me of Jeff George. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with the Raiders, after all they traded for Carson Palmer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Ponder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tie game between Packers, Vikings evokes 'weird... (Nov '13) Feb '17 Cold Beer Phart 2
News Which QB Is Under More Pressure in 2013, Andy D... (May '13) Feb '16 Fart news 38
News Christian Ponder expects boos in his return to ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 13
News Raiders' QB Ponder says he's got Carr's back (May '15) May '15 tom wingo 12
News What is Adrian Peterson's receiving potential w... (May '15) May '15 tom wingo 9
News Another Golden Age Begins ? (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 2
News NFC North Impact Rookies: Teddy Bridgewater (Mar '15) Mar '15 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web