A game worthy of the legendary FSU-Mi...

A game worthy of the legendary FSU-Miami rivalry

There are 42 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Oct 4, 2008, titled A game worthy of the legendary FSU-Miami rivalry. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

I t's still Florida State -Miami. It doesn't mean as much as it once did. It doesn't capture the nation's attention as it once did.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
FSU Fan

Pompano Beach, FL

#46 Oct 7, 2008
A E Banks wrote:
<quoted text>FSU Fan, that's a great field of work your involved in. I hold an agricultural engineering degree from FLA. The one thing that really ticked a lot of us gators off about fsu is that in the early '80's FLA was on a quarter school term while fsu was on a semester term. We would have 9 week terms while fsu had 16 week terms. Our fall term started around Sept.22 and ended on Dec.1. We had fsu students transfer after 2 years to FLA because the noles didn't have an agricultural school or a medical school and many of them would flunk out because they couldn't handle a quarter term. Many of these nole transfer students then petitioned the governor to have FLA change their term to a semester term claiming both schools were state schools and should be on the same schedule. It passed and it upset many gators because we used to have 4 nine week quarters of school with a month off between quarters allowing us to work or go home for a month. That's why many gators feel like fsu's academics are a joke. I guess fsu now has more science courses to offer than it did in the '80's.
you are right about the science classes...they were def. not much of any type of science school. almost 100% liberal arts and business. being a large state school in the capital, it should have a decent program for some type of science. in the past 10 years the biology program has picked up mostly in the genetic diversity area...my good friend is now at U. Denver pursuing his p.HD in genetics/immunology..good upstarting program. also the magnet lab is doing wonders for the engineering, medical, and physics programs. it is attracted many top scientists and researchers from around the world. engineering is still leaps behind UF, but at least offers a usuable degree...my wife is an assistant P.M. for a large corporate company as a civil engineer.

this field is so important, especially in such large urban and suburban areas such as florida. nowhere else in the US will you find such a delicate balance of nature and development. I just hope my children's kids will have the same opportunity I did to enjoy the beautiful beaches, rivers, and lakes of florida. Schools are a great place to get the word out about the importance of this field.

Didn't know about the semester/quarter system at FSU. it was only 8 years ago i started college. FSU is getting better and one reason is def. b/c UF can't take ALL the good students anymore!
A E Banks

Saint Petersburg, FL

#48 Oct 7, 2008
FSU FAN, I'm glad you and I can agree on one thing and that is that Bowden has to go. I am hoping T.K. will force him out before Oct.18th in order to help fsu's stand before the N.C.A.A. infractions committee. Otherwise if T.K. won't remove Bowden from the program then I'm afraid the only way to get rid of him is the Death Penalty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Weinke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Panthers' future at quarterback is later, not now. (Dec '09) Dec '09 angrypantherfan 1
News Gantt: Michael Vick not coming to the Panthers (Aug '09) Aug '09 RYAN is better 10
News Dolphins revert to starting Lemon (Dec '07) Dec '07 Tom Loy 3
News Testaverde to start for Panthers (Oct '07) Oct '07 Buffalo Bob 2
Chris Weinke (Jan '07) Aug '07 mojo joe joe 2
News Fantasy Hall of Fame: Muhsin Muhammad (Aug '07) Aug '07 Number1PantherFan 1
News Panthers Sign Carr As Delhomme's Backup (Apr '07) May '07 Sam 12