A game worthy of the legendary FSU-Miami rivalry

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

I t's still Florida State -Miami. It doesn't mean as much as it once did. It doesn't capture the nation's attention as it once did.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2008

Not sure I could live through another one like that. Man, what a game! Maybe the most exciting ever in this incredible series. Now THIS is college football!
Capt Ben

Ponce De Leon, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Lets give Miami some credit. They played hard and like always, they never gave up. I feel bad for Coach Shannon and know he will catch "heck" for losing this game even though it was played in a mini-hurricane. Having said all that, the Noles are coming back to big time. All of the teams we will play are now sitting back and re-examing their game plans. As an old alumn this is thrilling to say the least. Miami has been the road block to many more national championship rings for the Noles. Hopefully we can see a need to buy some in the future now. Who knows, with some major teams being beaten left and right maybe the light in the tunnel is nearer than some might think. I believe we made it without any serious injuries to anyone and I thank our God for that. He is so Faithful. Go Noles, Go McCain/Palin and God bless the USA
Tom81

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

If this season continues to get better, then this game will be the pivotal point as a QB, an offense and its coordinator GREW UP!
Juan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Bad decisions that's what i saw. Forth and one, quarterback run up the middle, the whole world was waiting. Two minutes to go before the half do a pooch kick...so basically you guarantee they will get some kind of score. If under pressure from the defense throw the ball straight up. I don't like Fisher or Ponder. They have a long way to go before i think they are good enough for FSU.
Renegade Warrior

Leesburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Judged:

I will give Fisher some credit for being able to complete the win, but if it weren't for some second half questionable play-calling the game wouldn't have been that close. The decision to throw w/our backs to the end zone in the rain with a young QB, was as bad as it gets. Horrible special teams play, and questionable second half play calling overshines a very good defensive performance. Ponder has the making of a wonderful QB and he saved Fisher's a** with a legacy building drive in the rain in the fourth quarter.

“GO GATORS!!!”

Since: Dec 07

Jacksonville, Fl.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

The only reason miami played hard was they knew if they did not win, they'd have to go back to jail.
LOCK EM UP!!!
Wences Troncoso

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Thank you Mike Bianchi that is the best article you have ever wrote!
panhandle nole

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Good gameplan. Quarterback played much, much better. Blocking was tighter, the tackles and guards are working better together, crossing the gaps quicker. Special teams are just bad.
Not until they put the first stringers in there at the end to stop Benjamin on kick offs and punts did the bleeding stop. The young man that had to hike the ball on punts, Lord have mercy, he just about gave it away on his own.

Jamie Robinson needs to tighten up his technique, he gets ragged outside in when he covers, that cost FSU dearly. Good overall coverage by the defense, good overall offense. Please fix the special teams. My goodness, that was horrible.

Mike B., not sure what you are up too, actually writing a decent article about the Seminoles. Being the slightly paranoid fan I am,( with good reason, can you say wide something 4 times ?) I don't want to see how you tear into Fisher and Bowden when they lose their next game this year, and they are going to lose somewhere, the schedule is tough here on out. The offensive line is thin, and if that wonderful young qb, Ponder should get hurt, FSU is in a world of hurt. That's my take.
LatinJag

Port Charlotte, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Bianchi, I knew that if you put your bias to the side you will see the whole picture. I hope it was not hard for you to write this article. I realy hope that this kind of work is what we readers will see from now on. Is not only for FSU and the U but also for UCF and USF. Remember, this is your work, your sport section, your local sports and your home STATE. Good things are happening around you outside G-ville open your eyes and feed information that is good to read for all the masses here. Journalist do that, gossip and bad news are not.
By the way, great game it was heh!
LatinJag

Port Charlotte, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Travis Benjamin commited to FSU during the whole recruiting process but flipped at signing day. What a lost for FSU there but I think he is regreting it now.
Weather ruined the special team play. The long snapper most had a hell of a time doing in more than wet conditions. Anyway, he and the punter were not practising in the sidelines that I saw. They single hand it to Miami.
No excuses, but Miami deserved the victory if it turned out that way. It was a great game. A beauty that 53 yards field goal.
orlandodolphin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Bianchi, writing nice about the Noles...Maybe because the realization that Urban Meyer won with Zook's boys is coming true. Anyone who watched the Gators game knows the score gave them more credit. Meyers team is sloppy.Several penalties for O-line formations.(Coaches mistakes).

Great article though.You are like a politician. Mr. Bianchi. But we know the negative one will be coming soon.I'm glad you wrote an article that didn't mention Tim Tebow.Good job!!!

The Noles have a good future ahead. I know, I feel I have been saying this for the past 5 years. But, with the most true freshmen starting in Bowdens career(which is pushing a half decade)I have to say I like the looks of this team.

The O-line did their job. The Noles O-line averaged 280 pounds, while Miami's averaged 300+. And most these boys are freshmen! If it weren't for special teams mistakes (or disasters) we would have won this game smoother than mayonnaise. I have a feeling some snap practice will be going on during this short week of practice. Smith found the end zone when we needed him too. I think the play was to set up a nice field goal, and he broke it! You have to make those plays to win games.Ponder is getting more and more experienced. There were several drops on good passes. His throw out the end zone was terrible.But a lesson learned. He rushed like Super Man(Go Rebels). I don't think we can win out the season, but I feel we are competitors again in the ACC. And again, these boys are freshmen.

The future is so bright we've gotta wear shades. And I don't mean wear shades up in the press box.errrrr Joe Pa.Hey can he coach from his couch?
Dr Dave

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

HAHA Don't give this up for a rap career Bianchi.

Better article than usual though I must admit.

I do just want to point out that the "Choak at Doak" was the gators choking and not the Noles for anyone who is ignorant of that time period.
Dr Dave

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

panhandle nole wrote:
Good gameplan. Quarterback played much, much better. Blocking was tighter, the tackles and guards are working better together, crossing the gaps quicker. Special teams are just bad.
Not until they put the first stringers in there at the end to stop Benjamin on kick offs and punts did the bleeding stop. The young man that had to hike the ball on punts, Lord have mercy, he just about gave it away on his own.
Jamie Robinson needs to tighten up his technique, he gets ragged outside in when he covers, that cost FSU dearly. Good overall coverage by the defense, good overall offense. Please fix the special teams. My goodness, that was horrible.
Mike B., not sure what you are up too, actually writing a decent article about the Seminoles. Being the slightly paranoid fan I am,( with good reason, can you say wide something 4 times ?) I don't want to see how you tear into Fisher and Bowden when they lose their next game this year, and they are going to lose somewhere, the schedule is tough here on out. The offensive line is thin, and if that wonderful young qb, Ponder should get hurt, FSU is in a world of hurt. That's my take.
It was obvious Robinson wasn't expecting that pass to be a lame duck. He could have jumped that route and ended the game right there but his timing was off b/c the pass was pathetically slow. He does need to correct his awareness out there.
FL Native

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

orlandodolphin wrote:
Great article though.You are like a politician. Mr. Bianchi. But we know the negative one will be coming soon.I'm glad you wrote an article that didn't mention Tim Tebow.Good job!!!
Oh, but he did mention Tim Tebow! He can't seem to write an article these days without some sort of comparison to Timmy!
Matt

Dothan, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

LatinJag wrote:
Travis Benjamin commited to FSU during the whole recruiting process but flipped at signing day. What a lost for FSU there but I think he is regreting it now.
Weather ruined the special team play. The long snapper most had a hell of a time doing in more than wet conditions. Anyway, he and the punter were not practising in the sidelines that I saw. They single hand it to Miami.
No excuses, but Miami deserved the victory if it turned out that way. It was a great game. A beauty that 53 yards field goal.
T. Benjamin never committed to us. We hardly even recruited him b/c we didn't have much of a chance to get him.
A E Banks

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Mike, I wouldn't be stunned if Paul Dee makes the noles forfeit this victory on Oct.18th.
FL Native

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

A E Banks wrote:
Mike, I wouldn't be stunned if Paul Dee makes the noles forfeit this victory on Oct.18th.
Banks, you are sooooo full of IT! Now go play in the swamp like all the good little gators do!
Wet Nole

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

I would recommend Biancha stay away from rapping and stick to writing, but he sucks at that too!
J Coley

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
T. Benjamin never committed to us. We hardly even recruited him b/c we didn't have much of a chance to get him.
FSU did recruit him...the Noles were in his final 5 before signing w/ UM.
Justin

Panama City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Bianchi, yes I'm an FSU fan so I'm biased....but this was a good read, and from you (in my book) that's rare. I know that's a half-hearted compliment but I haven't seen you say anything good about FSU all year...and I haven't read anything good from you all year (I probably just haven't read enough of your articles to be honest). But enough with backwards compliments, this really was a good read. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chris Weinke Discussions

Search the Chris Weinke Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Panthers' future at quarterback is later, not now. (Dec '09) Dec '09 angrypantherfan 1
Gantt: Michael Vick not coming to the Panthers (Aug '09) Aug '09 RYAN is better 10
Dolphins revert to starting Lemon (Dec '07) Dec '07 Tom Loy 3
Testaverde to start for Panthers (Oct '07) Oct '07 Buffalo Bob 2
Chris Weinke (Jan '07) Aug '07 mojo joe joe 2
Fantasy Hall of Fame: Muhsin Muhammad (Aug '07) Aug '07 Number1PantherFan 1
Panthers Sign Carr As Delhomme's Backup (Apr '07) May '07 Sam 12
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••