Emmanuel Moody says Florida has speed...

Emmanuel Moody says Florida has speed to burn USC

There are 20 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 6, 2009, titled Emmanuel Moody says Florida has speed to burn USC. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Sitting behind the batter's box at Dolphin Stadium , wearing jersey No. 21 for the Florida Gators , shielding his eyes from a searing sun, Emmanuel Moody would not commit to a prediction on the big game.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Since: Sep 07

Greensboro, NC

#1 Jan 7, 2009
The Sooners are in for a rude awakeing, or at least - their defense is. They haven't met the fastest offense in college football this year. I just hope that UF doesn't run the score up on them too much & make it look competitive.
JKH

Greenwich, CT

#2 Jan 7, 2009
G8RDAVE wrote:
The Sooners are in for a rude awakeing, or at least - their defense is. They haven't met the fastest offense in college football this year. I just hope that UF doesn't run the score up on them too much & make it look competitive.
Alabama really showed that superior SEC speed against Utah, didn't they?
Chris

Orlando, FL

#3 Jan 7, 2009
USC would dismantle the Gators. Hope we get to see that matchup some day.
haha

Santa Barbara, CA

#4 Jan 7, 2009
moody left SC for a weaker program so could start.

He was on the bench at SC.

SC would dominate it wouln't be a contest.

Enjoy the meaningless BS game.
I hope OK- A weak team , rapppes you.
marko

Orlando, FL

#5 Jan 7, 2009
this gators team is the fastest i've ever seen without any bias.they have so many track stars it is crazy..i do truly belive florida is the fastest and very best football team in college !
marko

Orlando, FL

#6 Jan 7, 2009
this gator team would run by the usc trojans so fast they would not know what or who went by them! game over!

gators would win this game hands down!
GR8GATORS

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Jan 7, 2009
USC would loose badly this year chris, and haha is a joke. If they meet up later in time it wont be the same as this year, the talent will be different so who cares about then, its about the now. The Only meaningless game this year was the Rose bowl, Get over it, and haha the jokes on you...

FL-48
OU-17

GO GATORS...
Chuck Wagon

United States

#8 Jan 7, 2009
OU60, Gators 14
GR8GATORS

Jacksonville, FL

#9 Jan 7, 2009
Sorry, nope, not this time...

FL-48
OU-17

GO GATORS...
GatorFan

United States

#10 Jan 7, 2009
NCAA 08 for xBox 360. UF vs OK both teams set on computer. Played 100 times. Avg score UF 38 OK 23...

Go Gators!
6 Actual

Shreveport, LA

#11 Jan 7, 2009
Chuck Wagon wrote:
OU60, Gators 14
Put some money on that?????
GatorFan

United States

#12 Jan 7, 2009
hate to say it but I already put money on it... And if you would like to put your money where your mouth is let me know because I will take that bet. Actually we could bet on three things.

1) OU scoring 60 - I'll bet you 500 that they will not score 60+

2) UF scoring 14 - I'll bet you 500 that UF will score more than 14

3) OK over UF - I'll bet you a grand that UF will emerge as the champ...

C'mon put your money up if you really believe!!!
trojan man

Santa Barbara, CA

#13 Jan 7, 2009
hope OU blows you out and Utah gets the AP vote as #1.
Thats would be halarious.
GR8GATORS

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Jan 7, 2009
Goooooooo GatorFan...

GO GATORS...
trojan man

Santa Barbara, CA

#15 Jan 7, 2009
SC is better coached and faster at QB, receivers, offensive live and running backs.

The SC defense is the best of all time, NCAA all time. So, no argument there. The SC kickers are superior and the cheerleaders don't even compare. The songirls are the envy of every school.

The coaching staff at SC is the best, by a mile..
whats left>? you think your orange crush (soda) uniforms are all that? hahah

Go to bed- EVERY SEC team is terrible.
BoomerSooner

Lady Lake, FL

#16 Jan 7, 2009
This is football not track&field.
Football speed and track speed are two different things. Demps played high school ball in the county where I live and didn't seem nearly a third as fast on the field as the track. Moody couldn't get much playing time so he transferred. The yards per carry average of UFs running backs are inflated b/c of the system they play in. It's built on spreading the field, also built on deception as to whether its a passing play or running play. Its more difficult running the ball out of the traditional I-form, but the I-form better prepares a RB for the pros where gimmicks don't work as well. BTW, maybe coach meyer should lend some of that speed to the track team. FSU has won the last THREE consecutive track championships.
GR8GATORS

Astor, FL

#17 Jan 7, 2009
USC s***ks, OU s***ks, get over it. LoserSooner...

FL-48
OU-17

GO GATORS...
GatorFan

Lincoln, NE

#18 Jan 8, 2009
trojan man = wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Go cry me a river. You play in a crummy conference surrounded by crummy teams. I will give sc the respect of being a great program but you have to ask yourself the same question as utah does. Would they be undefeated or only have 1 loss if they played in the SEC or Big 12?

Be honest now...
better than you

Chipley, FL

#19 Jan 8, 2009
trojan man wrote:
SC is better coached and faster at QB, receivers, offensive live and running backs.
The SC defense is the best of all time, NCAA all time. So, no argument there. The SC kickers are superior and the cheerleaders don't even compare. The songirls are the envy of every school.
The coaching staff at SC is the best, by a mile..
whats left>? you think your orange crush (soda) uniforms are all that? hahah
Go to bed- EVERY SEC team is terrible.
Even the two SEC teams that won the last two national championships?
GatorFan

Lincoln, NE

#20 Jan 8, 2009
and I'm tired of hearing this garbage about the fact that the conference that sc plays in went 5 and 0 in bowls and no one can match that so they must be the best... well guess what bowls that play before Christmas don't count because the teams are 6 and 6 at best...

Now that Obama is in the Whitehouse I fully expect to see 50+ bowl games in a year or two so that no team is left out of the post season and everyone gets to play and is not left out. Even the bottom dwelling, scum sucking losers... Oh yea and dont say that the best teams will still get the best paydays because in Obama's system we will take all the payouts and spread it evenly across all the teams...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Rainey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Gator, Steeler settles legal case to red... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Man of Steele 1
News Steelers 2013 salary cap options - Running Back (Jan '13) Jan '13 hank 1
News Gillislee carries Gators past Bowling Green, 27-14 (Sep '12) Sep '12 SEC MAN 2
News Why Jeff Demps Fits So Perfectly in the New Yor... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Gatorair 1
News NFL Draft: Florida Gators' quantity, and qualit... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Atl Gator 1
News John Brantley smiling at his NFL prospects (Feb '12) Mar '12 GAF 2
News Crawford: Urban Meyer disrespected Florida (Nov '11) Dec '11 DoctorLude 9
More from around the web