Tom Powers: Vikings finding new, interesting ways to lose

After the Vikings' screwy 48-41 loss to the Bears on Sunday, Jared Allen made the following prediction: "You'll see a different team in two weeks!" Gosh, I hope it's the Giants or the Steelers. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
jeb

United States

#1 Oct 19, 2008
preparation. fire childress.
i dont blame the coach

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Oct 19, 2008
players gotta take care of the ball
Clancy

AOL

#3 Oct 19, 2008
I agree totaly with Tom Power's description of the game. I don't think we can blame everthing on the coach. No, I am not a relative or fan of his.
Anyone can make a mistake or use bad judgement sometime or another, that is understandable, but game, after game,after game? In Army training you are told and shown how to do something, when to do it and execute it to their satisfaction. I am a WW11 vet.
God help you if you didn't or couldn't follow orders. The ones that didn't follow orders, wished they had. The ones that could'nt were sent back to civilian life. I don't believe in Voodoo, but it makes one wonder if somone has a bunch of Viking dolls and are putting pins in them.
RWM

Dexter, MI

#4 Oct 19, 2008
"players gotta take care of the ball"
turnovers, penalties, missed assignments in coverage, consistently sloppy special teams coverage, o-line failing to pick up the blitz, WR and QB not on same page... ALL of these things can be blamed on the players.. but football is a game where 11 people have to be on the same page on every play. That is a tough task and it is why coaching is so important in this league. The Vikings have all the symptoms of an underachieving poorly disciplined team. That all point to one thin..poor poor coaching. If this team was mentally tough, executed without bonehead mistakes we would be 7-1 not 3-4... that is one thing and one thing only..coaching.
Brian Barnes

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Oct 19, 2008
Why do I even watch the games anymore?!?! This team blows. It goes way beyond Childress.
Gen Burkhalter

Malibu, CA

#6 Oct 19, 2008
Same ole...same ole. What really bothers me is that the Vikes losing doesn't bother me anymore. I've become desensitized to it. Can't really get upset until Klink et al. are gone. Now that I think of it I was more pissed off every time they showed Klink than I was every time they screwed up. Go figure.
Brian Barnes

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Oct 19, 2008
Responding to all: Childress needs to be fired -- no doubt. But this goes way beyond the coach. O line plays like crud, D got schooled all day. Come on, buys. Goes way beyond coaching!! That said, Childress is an idiot and needs to go.

This team sucks. This team just flat out sucks.
Brian Barnes

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Oct 19, 2008
Did I mention I hate this team?
Mad Dog Gus

United States

#9 Oct 19, 2008
A very difficult team to watch and enjoy. They just don't seem like a cohesive group.

Way too many holes.......

Pro football is just a form of entertainment......it just happens to be better entertainment for the opponent's fan base.

I'm at the point of not caring..........
top football fan

Perham, MN

#10 Oct 19, 2008
typical vikings beating themselves....an all to familier too,,,1what was kluwe thinking kicken ball ? jump on at least defense a chance...that bother me,,2..gordon try think waveing your hand ahhhh that the thing to do....3 frerotte....you needed to run for that first down son not throw into a crowd...three bone head decesions ......ahhh there special teams coach better be working on the bye...unbeleiveable poor 14 pts given up score with out those three plays 41-34??????disappointing
The Buzzard

United States

#11 Oct 19, 2008
Hey Top Football Fan, just an observation, your grammar is 100 times better than Chilly-Dumb-Dumb's coaching ability.
Clancy

AOL

#12 Oct 19, 2008
The Vikings remind me of a fellow I saw years ago.
He had a .22 calibre pistol, belt ,holster and all. When I drove by his home in the country, he was in the yard practicing quick draw and firing. A while after I saw him, I was at a country gas staion when a car came flying in to the station with him in it, they were looking for a first aid kit to patch his leg up on the way to the hospital. It seems he had pulled the trigger before he cleared the holster.
I used to kid him, too quick on the trigger, too slow on the draw. Kind of reminds me of the Viking's, only, they always seem to shoot themselves in the foot.
fastball

Thunder Bay, Canada

#13 Oct 19, 2008
Geez guys, learn some spelling and punctuation already. You make Chili look like a freaking brain surgeon.
lito

Hesperia, CA

#14 Oct 19, 2008
This team only looks good on paper. During the bye week, the coaches and players should evaluate themselves. They should then come together and discuss ways on how to play as a team. Practice and implement. The fans will lower their expectations but at least we'd like to see team effort. Let your team plays speak for themselves. Right now your team effort grade is a D.
CA Vike

Fresno, CA

#15 Oct 19, 2008
I've had it with you jaded losers...we hung up 5 td's today but all you can see is the bad week in and week out...You are done with the Vikes...I am done with you Minnesota Losers...I will be back when we go on our win streak and will be talking major excrement...have fun with your bitchin and whinnin...how many ways can you say the same crap over and over?...it's too bad you can't see we are close to being pretty good...now go back to beating your wives and kickin your dogs because the Vikes are on a bye week...the one's that don't have either then back to the basement.

Outta here....
IAVikeFan

Alleman, IA

#16 Oct 19, 2008
Wow. A rare opportunity to post before the stupid cheeseheads show up blabbing about their awesome team.

I agree with CA vike.

And for you cheeseheads, your team is not special, you are not playoff bound, all your wins are against teams with losing records, all your losses are against teams with winning records. Mike McCarthy closely resembles a fatass pig, and coaches his players to win by cheating.

So no, we don't want to convert to being fans of your crappy team, we'd rather sit this year out and enjoy watching whatever the hell happens with our OWN team.
notanostrich

Wausau, WI

#17 Oct 19, 2008
Don't Freak Out Fresno! At least the rest of us didn't move away to free ourselves of the constant "How many superbowls have you won" agony. Face it. The Vikings have never, this season, looked like a team prepared to play football. Jallen can talk about waiting all he wants, but waiting only gets us to next year. Maybe we need another "love boat" episode to remind us of the obvious: Vikings will be Vikings, on and off the field. Defend Childress, condemn the players. For all these years, what has it mattered who we blame? There's something about this team... Oh, so close, and always so far away. As a kid I was relegated to the upstairs with the nine-inch Sears black and white trying to tune in WCCO TV from a hundred miles away. Football was fun then when the underpaid, overworked lovers of the game played, and played hard. It didn't matter that we didn't win a superbowl. We got there. Today, it's different as players sit for things like "tweaked" hamstrings, and "turf toe" (whatever that means). Glad to have the memories of the Tarkenton's, Ellers, Washington's, Yary's, Foreman's to tide me by on Sundays. Yes, football was fun then. Wish I could say the same now.
Nick

Rio Rancho, NM

#18 Oct 19, 2008
I wish I was not a Vikings Please we need a coaching change and not just the HC I watch the Vikes every week and I am soooo Disapointed No QB, ST Stinks, on and on I Give up
IAVikeFan

Alleman, IA

#19 Oct 19, 2008
Listen to the press confrence... Klink actually says at one point that there is nothing wrong with the way they are competing....

http://www.nfl.com/videos...

Can we say denial???

I love being a minnesota fan....
Jack Dupp

United States

#20 Oct 19, 2008
Just fire Klink and his hand-picked staff of "YES MEN" so we can put this ugly chapter in franchise history to bed. Paul Ferraro should have been canned a year ago. And somebody kick Longwell in the nuts for good measure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Kluwe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Kluwe: Vikings will find the truth (Jan '14) Jan '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Raiders mum on starting quarterback (Sep '13) Sep '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 7
Raiders add K Medlock; place CB Hanson on IR (Aug '13) Aug '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 4
Raiders still not settled on starting punter (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mr Raider 1
Raiders' punt battle: Kluwe, King too close to ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Haleys Commet 7
Oakland Raiders: What positions are most up for... (Jul '13) Jul '13 TexasRaider 1
10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1

Chris Kluwe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE