Tarvaris Jackson misses his big chanc...

Tarvaris Jackson misses his big chance with Minnesota Vikings

There are 248 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 13, 2010, titled Tarvaris Jackson misses his big chance with Minnesota Vikings. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

It would be nice to say that the transition from Brett Favre to Tarvaris Jackson was smooth and seamless.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

purplehaze1

St. John's, Canada

#21 Dec 14, 2010
i was going to comment on TJ...but his play said it all...Les, like his QB had an opportunity to show that he can do the job. unfortunately, as i said a few weeks ago; i wasn't confident in his abilities either...now, i'm of the same opinion. at this stage, i think WEBB should be given some playing time and even ARCHER for that matter. the VIKES need to look at all personnel and evaluate everyone currently on the roster (except TJ...he just needs a ticket)before the draft...this is going to be a long painful road to recovery...but for crying out loud...LET"S GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME"...GO VIKES!!!
Jack

Washington, DC

#22 Dec 14, 2010
The Defense actually was not too bad (considering that they were on the field all day).

Another pathetic call on the TD kickoff return by the imcompetant fools called NFL (Nepotism Football League) refs.

This team will need two QBs before next year begins.
Pat

Montvale, NJ

#23 Dec 14, 2010
Did T-Jack give up 200 yards rushing to the Giants and three rushing touchdowns? Did he cause the center to snap the ball over his head? He he cause McKinny to get his lunch handed to him again by speedy defenders? Did T-jack throw as many as interceptions as the Superbowl winning QB on the other team? Did T-jack get knocked out of the game like 5 consecutive QB this season that faced the Giants? Did T-jack caused Benard B. to drop wide open pass? Maybe he is such a bad QB that he even caused the dome to collapse.

Some guys seem to think is T-jack is the reason we have a bad team this year. I am not one of them.

At least Farve was helping t-jack every step of the way last night.
Sherm

AOL

#24 Dec 14, 2010
T-Joke has always, when he has started games, when he was
being knocked around and sacked. would take himself out
of games with a sore toe, or a tweeked hamstring. All the times
we we have seen Favre take a beating , and getting hurt , he never
waved to the sideline that he was taking himself out of the game.

T-Joke is the poison pill that Chilly left this team.
Zeke

Minneapolis, MN

#25 Dec 14, 2010
The "Clink" era has put this team in shambles.

Obviously, an NFL team with not even a hint of a quality QB is a problem.

What about that defensive secondary, especially Asher Allen. Any time the Giants passed they just threw to Asher's area.

They not only need a QB, they need defensive backs, a center, receivers, defensive linemen (only Kevin Williams is quality), and a new offensive coordinator.
Charles Manson

Webster, NY

#26 Dec 14, 2010
Webb Needs to Start wrote:
Can we all agree now that T Jackson isn't an NFL QB? Its time to go in another direction and that is to start Joe Webb. If for no other reason, he brought some excitement to the game, with his arm and his legs!
On the kickoff return for a touchdown that was called back, it was a ticky tack call! Contact was made as the defender was changing directions. It should have been called!
The season is over, give the rookie a chance to get some game experience!
What makes everyone think that Joe Webb is any better than T-Jack? He was drafted as a Wide receiver. Start over next year.
Politically Incorrect

Saint Paul, MN

#27 Dec 14, 2010
T-Jack is not "THE" reason the Vikings are bad this year, he is just "another" reason why. He showed again he is not an NFL starting caliber QB.
one smart jack

Wadena, MN

#28 Dec 14, 2010
Tjack is not the answer to all the vikes problems but in his defense when the giants defense is in the backfield at the same time the ball is its difficult to make any plays. Some of the snaps were bad and some of the recievers gave up on their routes which lead to hurries and sacks. I would be all for keeping jackson as astarter and spending some picks on a new O line.....

Mckinney and a bucket of rocks have the same IQ and talent!!!!!! Sulivan needs to get back into rythem and a whole bunch of what ifs....
DCVikingFan

Bethesda, MD

#29 Dec 14, 2010
Blow it all up: the team, the coaching staff, and the stadium.
Smartass

Minneapolis, MN

#30 Dec 14, 2010
Brettie might as well started, so what if Brettie can't pass the ball neither can Jacksonass. Brettie would have fewer mix ups, taken the snaps, handed off and we might have even won. Time for Jacksonass to pack and join chilly in some church by day but bar by night place.
Years of frustration

Colbert, WA

#31 Dec 14, 2010
Turn out the lights the parties over. Draft Locker fire most of the team. This team needs to be rebuilt along with a stadium. Once again the Viking's fans chant that old familiar refrain "wait till next year"! No hope only dopes believe in this team. I know years of frustration and no SB victories. It's the cheapness about this team that really upsets me. It's expensive to field a winner, but all we get to see are whiners. Once a long time ago there was hope, now there is only reality. See ya in April, oh, and don't forget about that 3rd round pick we don't have anymore.
Sherm

AOL

#32 Dec 14, 2010
The sad truth is they said they simplified the playbook for T-Joke last night, and that is too
much for him.By the third quarter you could see he was tying to decide if he should take himself out for the old (sore toe) or a (strained hamstring).
He did it several times in the first three years he was on the team. Who here ever saw Favre wave to the sideline to take himself out of the game ,
for some minor injury.
Top Gunn

Superior, WI

#33 Dec 14, 2010
Time to draft a QB and sign a veteran. However, our O-Line is in bad need of upgrading. Loadholt hasn't improved (he's actually regressed), DeGuere has slow feet, Sullivan is below average (Matt Birk, we miss ye), Cook is subpar and Mckinnie is well, McKinnie. Asher Allen can't seem to cover anybody and our front seven just had 2 guys run for over 100 yards. We will need a heck of an offseason to make the playoffs next year.
Todd

Saint Paul, MN

#34 Dec 14, 2010
Now T Jack knows what Brett had to deal with all season.. A weak offensive line and dropped balls..
Col Hogan

Hampton, VA

#35 Dec 14, 2010
It will take years to recover from the mess Klink left. Other than a couple of good draft picks, notably Peterson and Harvin, most picks were wasted or lost altogether. This team is a bunch of over-aged, over-paid, uninspired underachievers. All this year it's been obvious there is no passion-"blocking and tackling are too much work, and I might get hurt. When do we get paid?" Thanks Klink. I hope you enjoy the Russian Front.
Scott in Orlando

Orlando, FL

#36 Dec 14, 2010
If by Big Chance you mean the last several years, well then yes, he did. Draft Luck!
Jaime

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

#37 Dec 14, 2010
This is the end for two quarterbacks in Minnesota - Favre and Jackson. Favre will retire. Jackson will be retired. Enough opportunities have been given to Tarvaris. He lacks many skills necessary to command an offense, most of all confidence. I certainly would not want this general to lead my troops. He always answers like he is not sure about anything.

Since: May 10

Saint Paul, MN

#38 Dec 14, 2010
That should just about settle any questions anybody had about Jackson or Frazier. There are a few veteran players that need to go after this season too.
Rose Bowl Bucky

Rock Island, IL

#39 Dec 14, 2010
T-Jack is who we thought he is--completely useless....

Since: May 10

Saint Paul, MN

#40 Dec 14, 2010
Todd wrote:
Now T Jack knows what Brett had to deal with all season.. A weak offensive line and dropped balls..
Were dropped balls on the injury report?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Kluwe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chris Kluwe: Vikings will find the truth (Jan '14) Jan '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Raiders mum on starting quarterback (Sep '13) Sep '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 7
News Raiders add K Medlock; place CB Hanson on IR (Aug '13) Aug '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 4
News Raiders still not settled on starting punter (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mr Raider 1
News Raiders' punt battle: Kluwe, King too close to ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Haleys Commet 7
News Oakland Raiders: What positions are most up for... (Jul '13) Jul '13 TexasRaider 1
News 10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
More from around the web