Tarvaris Jackson misses his big chance with Minnesota Vikings

Full story: TwinCities.com

It would be nice to say that the transition from Brett Favre to Tarvaris Jackson was smooth and seamless.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of248
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Notanostrich

West Salem, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

Judged:

"Early in the game, I felt like we had pretty good rhythm," Jackson said. "Pretty much after that it pretty much went downhill."

Well, well, well. To borrow the immortal and oft referred to words of our former coach, "He is who we thought he is." Those of you who believed the hype of our other former coach - the Chillmeister - that TJoke had it all figured out, that he had evolved, that he had a firm grasp of the game, that he was now the wunderkind, that... of, forget it, which is exactly what the Vikings should do with TJoke. Forget him. He's not our QB of the future. He never was. Unless Moses parts the sea of snow on the 'dome surface and other miracles occur, TJoke won't even be trade bait next year. He's NOT the next Michael Vick, nor is he even the next waterboy. I'd say put Webb in, but that's an experiment we shouldn't get into either. Let TJoke finish out the season so we can draft a decent college QB and move away from the Chillmeister experiment currently called the Minnesota Vikings. Oh, and someone get us a real NFL coach and buy us a new stadium. Once again, the college boys beat us out.
GivingUpAlready

West Salem, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

Judged:

"I really didn't know what to expect," Jackson said. "I just prepared the whole week. It really wasn't a surprise. I really didn't know but I just had a feeling that I'd get the start.

"I don't really know what to feel right now. I felt like this was my chance. We've still got three games left to play. I really don't know."

These are the words of today's starting quarterback for the Vikings. Gives one the real sense of confidence, doesn't it. TJack didn't miss an opportunity. He took the opportunity and blew it, big time. Now what? Now what? In the end, the Chillmeister got the last laugh, leaving us without even a college-capable QB. Even without being able to throw a pass, lift his walker, shave his beard, Favre was our best option. TJack didn't miss an opportunity, we saw him leave all the smoke Chilly blew up his ass on the field. Pretty deflated, that Jack is, just like his home the dome. Heed the great advice a coach once gave me: Go home, kid, and let a real man play the game.
WHOEVER

Kaukauna, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

There exists a mentally challenged individual from Las Vegas who posts here often, calling himself,*WHATEVER*. He worshipped Childress to the hilt during Childress' coaching tenure. Any criticisms of Childress were met by instant pejorative consternation and the claim that the critic should shut the he!! up unless he (or she) were an NFL head coach him/herself. This cretin dope also defended Jackson from day 1, cheering sarcastically, when Childress canned Rosenfels. This Las Vegas impotence-case called Sage, "Rosenturds", lauding Childress for *dumping a whiner*, the fool in question, not even stopping for a moment to think that Sage just MIGHT have had a reason to feel 'discontented'- HE WAS BROUGHT TO MINNESOTA TO START. Unlike 99% of the fan base, this brain dead wonder continued to argue in favor of Jackson, and how he just needs more time to develop. To him, it wasn't apparent that Jackson has no pocket sense or feel for the game. Can't read through progressions. Can't lead. Can't recognize defensive formations and stunts. Can't throw with accuracy - all it took for this fool to get off was watching a busted play resulting in a scramble by Jackson for 20 yards (which does happen when a quarterback can't think his options through - he takes off!- DUHHH. Try making a career as an NFL quarterback just taking off and doing nothing else - DUUUHHH) to conclude Jackson had 'potential'. So question, Las Vegas wonder - how'd your wonder quarterback work for you tonight?? Promising, eh?
WHOEVER

Kaukauna, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

Notanostrich wrote:
"Early in the game, I felt like we had pretty good rhythm," Jackson said. "Pretty much after that it pretty much went downhill."
Well, well, well. To borrow the immortal and oft referred to words of our former coach, "He is who we thought he is." Those of you who believed the hype of our other former coach - the Chillmeister - that TJoke had it all figured out, that he had evolved, that he had a firm grasp of the game, that he was now the wunderkind, that... of, forget it, which is exactly what the Vikings should do with TJoke. Forget him. He's not our QB of the future. He never was. Unless Moses parts the sea of snow on the 'dome surface and other miracles occur, TJoke won't even be trade bait next year. He's NOT the next Michael Vick, nor is he even the next waterboy. I'd say put Webb in, but that's an experiment we shouldn't get into either. Let TJoke finish out the season so we can draft a decent college QB and move away from the Chillmeister experiment currently called the Minnesota Vikings. Oh, and someone get us a real NFL coach and buy us a new stadium. Once again, the college boys beat us out.
Nice post - best of the night. What amazes is how long it took so many fans to recognize just how talentless Jokeson is. Anyone who knows the game realizes it's mental - a thinking man's game. Athleticism is great, but not enough - history proves this. Reactive, not just running when the mental synthesis process which takes place after the ball is snapped, fails. Many dope fans - apologists who simply don't know what they're looking at, or are too stupid top recognize it. Is it a coincidence Childress fans also tend to be Jokeson fans?

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

yeah, but Jackson practices really well.
ezg357d

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

WHOEVER wrote:
There exists a mentally challenged individual from Las Vegas who posts here often, calling himself,*WHATEVER*. He worshipped Childress to the hilt during Childress' coaching tenure. Any criticisms of Childress were met by instant pejorative consternation and the claim that the critic should shut the he!! up unless he (or she) were an NFL head coach him/herself. This cretin dope also defended Jackson from day 1, cheering sarcastically, when Childress canned Rosenfels. This Las Vegas impotence-case called Sage, "Rosenturds", lauding Childress for *dumping a whiner*, the fool in question, not even stopping for a moment to think that Sage just MIGHT have had a reason to feel 'discontented'- HE WAS BROUGHT TO MINNESOTA TO START. Unlike 99% of the fan base, this brain dead wonder continued to argue in favor of Jackson, and how he just needs more time to develop. To him, it wasn't apparent that Jackson has no pocket sense or feel for the game. Can't read through progressions. Can't lead. Can't recognize defensive formations and stunts. Can't throw with accuracy - all it took for this fool to get off was watching a busted play resulting in a scramble by Jackson for 20 yards (which does happen when a quarterback can't think his options through - he takes off!- DUHHH. Try making a career as an NFL quarterback just taking off and doing nothing else - DUUUHHH) to conclude Jackson had 'potential'. So question, Las Vegas wonder - how'd your wonder quarterback work for you tonight?? Promising, eh?
I would say WHATEVER did pretty much like you Packers fans are doing for McCarthy Wisting a frist round pick on Bulaga & yet fans are cheering for him & not bringing in a RB once Grant went down & yet still fans are cheering for him. Having a worthless back up QB Flynn & the Fans are cheer9ng for him. Making it to only one wild card game & losing it & once more here are you fans are cheering him on. McCarthy has never won the division & still yet here you are cheering him on & you talk about Chlidress that won the North two years running get real The Guy WHATEVER had more Right to cheer for Childress then you do for Mccarthy. What has he McCarthy done I will tell you , along with never winning the North something that Chlidress did do unlike McCarthy He McCarthy is going to end Aaron's career. Go Vikings
Peter CT

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

Notanostrich wrote:
Excellent post. Remember back to the days several years ago where Brad Johnson was struggling. I remember when a reporter asked TJoke if he would be ready to play and he said "I don't think so". I recall this vividly. An NFL QB with an opportunity to play who says he is not ready and then changes his mind after after consulting with his agent. Pathetic then, pathetic now. Physically able. Mentally not. My only disagreement with this post is that I'd let Joe Webb play. TJoke is gone, why not let the kid get real experience? He may well not be the answer for the future but lets make sure. Also, lets be clear that there are other big problems with this team besides QB starting with the OL, Defensive backs, Spec Teams, etc.
Dave

Cudahy, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

Hahaha You herring-eaters in Minnesota were warned two years ago about Brett-any. You didn't listen.
NOBODY feels sorry you idiots who elect actors and commedians.
Dave

Cudahy, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

ezg357d wrote:
<quoted text>I would say WHATEVER did pretty much like you Packers fans are doing for McCarthy Wisting a frist round pick on Bulaga & yet fans are cheering for him & not bringing in a RB once Grant went down & yet still fans are cheering for him. Having a worthless back up QB Flynn & the Fans are cheer9ng for him. Making it to only one wild card game & losing it & once more here are you fans are cheering him on. McCarthy has never won the division & still yet here you are cheering him on & you talk about Chlidress that won the North two years running get real The Guy WHATEVER had more Right to cheer for Childress then you do for Mccarthy. What has he McCarthy done I will tell you , along with never winning the North something that Chlidress did do unlike McCarthy He McCarthy is going to end Aaron's career. Go Vikings
Learn how to form a simple sentence, you idiot.

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

yep...for all you TJOKE lovers, well you finally got your wish. Can you see what all the hype is about? Can you see why the Klueless One would trade UP to draft this clown? The man IS NOT an NFL QB, plain and simple...just the fact this no talent bum is STILL on the Queens roster speaks volumes of the total ineptness of Klink and how he has ambushed this team with his idiotic decisions. Things will get a lot more ugly before they turn for the better. Last night's game was a total disgrace to Viking fans. Seeing 8 men in the box again just brings back those terrible TJOKE memories of years ago, a guy who just can not get the job done
Lisafromct

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

Jackson couln't get out of his own or Peterson's way. We are just lucky he didn't hurt AP. That was a pitiful display of offense last night, but what did you expect from Jackson? He is not an NFL QB, and the Vikes have wasted 5 years on him. To all you T-Jack lovers: he is who we thought he was!
danimal52

Greendale, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

need to finish cleaning house of chilldress element bevell gotta go and i dont think fraziers can do the job . t jackson definatly gotta go . all new coaches needed
The Hard Truth

Bemidji, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

Okay, here's the hard truth: Jackson is not an NFL quarterback, the lack of assistance to TJack by Brett on the sidelines was both strange and disconcerting and needs to be explained, and Leslie Frazier, rightly or wrongly, did himself no favors in his quest to become the next permanent head coach of this team.

Both on and off the field, this team seemed leaderless, and that is not a good thing.
kamina

Cottage Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

hopefully favre comes back next year. otherwise the vikings are doomed. tjoke is a frightful buffoon. he should be quietly stuffed in a box with packing material and sent to fiji. the natives there might enjoy eating his flesh and making a shrunken tjoke head that could then be affixed to a short branch and serve as a sort of sceptre for a local jester.
anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

Dave wrote:
Hahaha You herring-eaters in Minnesota were warned two years ago about Brett-any. You didn't listen.
It is spelled comedian.....only one m.

Since: Sep 08

Farmington, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

he is who he thought he was
Webb Needs to Start

Perry, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

Can we all agree now that T Jackson isn't an NFL QB? Its time to go in another direction and that is to start Joe Webb. If for no other reason, he brought some excitement to the game, with his arm and his legs!

On the kickoff return for a touchdown that was called back, it was a ticky tack call! Contact was made as the defender was changing directions. It should have been called!

The season is over, give the rookie a chance to get some game experience!
bob

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

For those of you who missed the game last night, the replay will be on Comedy Central tonight.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

The Hard Truth wrote:
Okay, here's the hard truth: Jackson is not an NFL quarterback, the lack of assistance to TJack by Brett on the sidelines was both strange and disconcerting and needs to be explained, and Leslie Frazier, rightly or wrongly, did himself no favors in his quest to become the next permanent head coach of this team.
Both on and off the field, this team seemed leaderless, and that is not a good thing.
without Favre leading this team, they completely gave up. It is very obvious that this team has no faith in TJOKE at all, otherwise the Three Wiseman don't make the trek to Mississippi to get The Diva to come back as they did last August. The team's final 3 games will be an embarassment, how Klink must be so proud of what he did to this organization's future by mortgaging the farm on Favre and now we are left with NO QB at all, yep, some solid planning there.....all the Viking's front office people should be sh*tcanned for allowing this franchise to slip into the state it is in now compared to just one year ago at this time, just disgraceful.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

Dave wrote:
true enough, we aren't asking you to feel sorry for us. Reading about people shooting their TV's and other perverted things over there, well you got your own problems, including having Shaaron hurt again, you guys are as good as done anyway.
And once again, as for Favre, you guys in 'Sconny just really need to let it go already...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of248
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••