Special teams, questionable decisions by Childress cost Vikings in Chicago

Oct 21, 2008 Full story: NFL News 6

When the Vikings return home in two weeks to face the Houston Texans , the "Fire Childress!" chants might be so loud that head coach Brad Childress hears them.

Full Story

“VIKINGS, NFC NORTH CHAMPIONS!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#1 Oct 21, 2008
It's refreshing to read an article where the writer at leasts acknowledges that Childress is making some dumb moves.

Towards the end of the piece, I believe he inadvertantly touches on quite possibly, the root of our problem;

"In the second half of the season, the Vikings need to cut down on mistakes and shore up their special teams play if they want to ensure that their coach is around in 2009."

I'm thinking maybe the muff by Gordon, the dropped punt attempt by Kluwe the 4 INTS by Frerotte and the general poor play of our team may be an attempt by the players to ensure Coach Childress DOES have a job next year, just not in Minnesota.

“Time to look to next year!”

Since: Jan 07

Detroit Lakes, MN

#2 Oct 21, 2008
Fran the Man wrote:
It's refreshing to read an article where the writer at leasts acknowledges that Childress is making some dumb moves.
Towards the end of the piece, I believe he inadvertantly touches on quite possibly, the root of our problem;
"In the second half of the season, the Vikings need to cut down on mistakes and shore up their special teams play if they want to ensure that their coach is around in 2009."
I'm thinking maybe the muff by Gordon, the dropped punt attempt by Kluwe the 4 INTS by Frerotte and the general poor play of our team may be an attempt by the players to ensure Coach Childress DOES have a job next year, just not in Minnesota.
Are you suggesting a Chicago Black Sox scandal?

Location hidden

#3 Oct 21, 2008
Old Viking 45 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting a Chicago Black Sox scandal?
Anything, just get rid of the guy.

“still rockin, still rollin”

Since: Jul 07

Southern Illinois

#4 Oct 21, 2008
Fran the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything, just get rid of the guy.
I think that decision has already been made. I think Ziggy is going to just let the season end and the day after give him the boot. In another story (can't remember where) Chilly made the reference that "nobody" is happy with the current situation "nobody". I took that as "the owner" is unhappy with the situation.

What do you think?

Location hidden

#5 Oct 22, 2008
Magnum Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that decision has already been made. I think Ziggy is going to just let the season end and the day after give him the boot. In another story (can't remember where) Chilly made the reference that "nobody" is happy with the current situation "nobody". I took that as "the owner" is unhappy with the situation.
What do you think?
I think you're right. Zygi will probably wait until the end of the season. I wish we would have played Green Bay the 2nd time before the bye. Had we have lost that one (Making it 6 losses in a row to our arch rival,) I can't help but think Zygi would have been forced to make a change now.

It's unfortunate that we don't get a chance this season to see if the team would respond to Frazier and if Frazier is head coach material. He certainly has the pedigree;
2 Super bowl rings, one as a player (CB, Bears '85) and the Colts as a Defensive Coordinator. He's also our assistant head coach now. No question some team will grab him from us next year, just like Tomlin.

In my mind, Childress is not going to make it as a head coach in the NFL. If I were Zygi, I'd want to get a good look at Frazier THIS year because there are going to be quite a few teams looking for new coaches next year.
I'd hate to see us make the same mistake we made with Tomlin...

“tSUHnami warning!!!!!!!!”

Since: Feb 07

Boyne City

#6 Oct 22, 2008
Fran the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're right. Zygi will probably wait until the end of the season. I wish we would have played Green Bay the 2nd time before the bye. Had we have lost that one (Making it 6 losses in a row to our arch rival,) I can't help but think Zygi would have been forced to make a change now.
It's unfortunate that we don't get a chance this season to see if the team would respond to Frazier and if Frazier is head coach material. He certainly has the pedigree;
2 Super bowl rings, one as a player (CB, Bears '85) and the Colts as a Defensive Coordinator. He's also our assistant head coach now. No question some team will grab him from us next year, just like Tomlin.
In my mind, Childress is not going to make it as a head coach in the NFL. If I were Zygi, I'd want to get a good look at Frazier THIS year because there are going to be quite a few teams looking for new coaches next year.
I'd hate to see us make the same mistake we made with Tomlin...
I heard Marinelli might need a job... you guys hiring?

LOL... to be honest, I like Marinelli, just not his 'supporting cast'.... Barry and Colletto will be his downfall.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Kluwe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Kluwe: Vikings will find the truth (Jan '14) Jan '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Raiders mum on starting quarterback (Sep '13) Sep '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 7
Raiders add K Medlock; place CB Hanson on IR (Aug '13) Aug '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 4
Raiders still not settled on starting punter (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mr Raider 1
Raiders' punt battle: Kluwe, King too close to ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Haleys Commet 7
Oakland Raiders: What positions are most up for... (Jul '13) Jul '13 TexasRaider 1
10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1

Chris Kluwe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE