Bollinger out, Henderson's little bro...

Bollinger out, Henderson's little brother in as Vikings set roster

There are 51 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 30, 2008, titled Bollinger out, Henderson's little brother in as Vikings set roster. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Vikings cut their roster to the 53-man limit Saturday, and rookie left tackle Drew Radovich made the team, a move that bolsters the depth at the position in the wake of the Bryant McKinnie's four-game ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ibleedpurpleand gold

Detroit, MI

#1 Aug 30, 2008
Greetings, I got my fingers and toes crossed, I thought that some of the ones cut would make the team. But time will tell. Go Vikes
40for60

United States

#2 Aug 30, 2008
Raynaud and Johnson looked to have some talent, just not enough to keep pace. Jeff Dugan looks like he missed the cut as well, didn't Chilly sign him to a decent deal two years ago? Maybe he got stagnant after the pay check.
I agree with the cuts mostly, and especially with Brooks. Booty could play Brooks even up, and Bollinger has 5 years in already.
Barring any more serious injuries, the Vikings have a very respectable team, and they should be able to compete at a high level.
Hopefully, the march to the playoff’s begin on Sept. 8th.
tHe ClOwN PrINce

Bellevue, NE

#3 Aug 30, 2008
booty lives up to his name. lets bring back spergon wynn, or that dude with the mullet, braun?? only 5 WRs surprised Nance was cut and I don't think they gave Raynard a good enough look.

Since: Aug 08

Forest, VA

#4 Aug 30, 2008
skol
Tommy

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Aug 30, 2008
I've seen them lose four Super Bowls and two Championship games...

Lets get REAL... Nothing is going to CHANGE!!!
Vern Jorgensen

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Aug 30, 2008
The one that bothers me the most is Maurice Hicks. He seems like he is ducking when he going to get hit.
tHe cLoWn PriNce

Bellevue, NE

#8 Aug 30, 2008
m hicks should have been cut, keep reynaud or nance
JAO

Meridian, ID

#10 Aug 30, 2008
Jackson is horrible, we should get rid of him before he ruins any chances we have at a good season
Steve

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#11 Aug 30, 2008
You know what I love? I love loggin on to the computer and making my rounds through all the twin cities newspapers and radio sites checkin out the latest news on our boys. I always read the blogs after every article just to hear what everybody has to say and I'm getting pretty tired of all the "monday morning quarterbacks" on T-Jack. Ultimately our sucess this year hinges on his right arm. He is our best option at QB, by far. As a matter of fact he is one of the top 20 QBs in the league. I was drunk but actually inspired by his performance in the closer with Denver last year when they put that ball in his hands and told him to just go win. Yeah, they lost but he moved the sticks and didn't quit. I think that our passing offense is too conservative. The guy has a cannon arm, decently acurate and can make defenders pay with his legs. There were a lot of balls dropped last year(thanks Troy), that could've been momentum shifters. Let the man play the game to win, not to be a game manager. The two preseason games he played in he looked the part. I can't wait for this thing to start so all you "T-Joke", so called Viking fans, start jumpin on his jock. He has worked hard all off-season and it shows. The more experience he gets the better he will be. He's only a second year starter, expect him to make the jump. I guess what I'm trying to say is to all you T-Jack nay sayers is..... SHUT UP!!! SKOL VIKINGS!!! F THE PACK!!! TAKE THE NORTH!!!
Dan A

Chaska, MN

#13 Aug 31, 2008
Bryant McKinnie what a classless person. For all the different occassions he has found himself in Bad situations, he doesn't get it. He is not probably going to ever get it. Classless and when he comes back from suspension he will be none the wiser. We have not heard an apology to the fans or the team for his bad behavior. It is after all always some one elses fault. Grow up McKinney.
Morgan Mundane

United States

#14 Aug 31, 2008
The Vikes have the most over-rated OL in the NFL.
Because of that TJack will have a tougher season than most realize.
Frosty

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Aug 31, 2008
The Oline seemed to be doing well in the preseason, Morgan. I didn't see Jackson get touched hardly ever unless he was running with the ball. Yeah, that was vanilla defenses, but the D-Line wasn't tanking it just for the hell of it. If you've got a chance to make a sack, you're going to take it.
ViKING

United States

#16 Aug 31, 2008
TJ gives them the best chance to win? Have you been smoking dope again? He is the worst QB in the league.
Gravedigger

Branson, MO

#17 Aug 31, 2008
I hope they give Chilly another raise for this!
jj R

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Aug 31, 2008
Everybody says this is one of the best offensive lines in the NFL - what evidence is there of that? NONE!
Just because you have Jim Brown in his prime (in A. Peterson) does not make you the best in the NFL. Ryan Cook sucks, birk is too old and too small, The guy next him from seattle is over rated. Mckinnie is gone and was nothing special when he was there.
40for60

United States

#19 Aug 31, 2008
Morgan Mundane wrote:
The Vikes have the most over-rated OL in the NFL.
Because of that TJack will have a tougher season than most realize.
Say MoRgAn, what team do you follow anyway?
Whomever they are, they sure have a class act in you.
40for60

United States

#20 Aug 31, 2008
jj R wrote:
Everybody says this is one of the best offensive lines in the NFL - what evidence is there of that? NONE!
Just because you have Jim Brown in his prime (in A. Peterson) does not make you the best in the NFL. Ryan Cook sucks, birk is too old and too small, The guy next him from seattle is over rated. Mckinnie is gone and was nothing special when he was there.
Birk is over 300 pounds, how much do YOU think he should weigh?
Pete

United States

#21 Aug 31, 2008
Should have kept Nance
Best QB is TJack

Mahnomen, MN

#22 Aug 31, 2008
As my name states he is our best QB there viking. Course you would have to understand football to be able to grasp that. Go back to Hop Scotch for your sport to watch you idiot!
Visit Below

Pine Bluff, AR

#23 Aug 31, 2008
for viking blogs, news, updates, polls, and much more. visit www.vikingholic.blogspot.com , and become a vikingholic. Also in search for a blog parnter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Kluwe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chris Kluwe: Vikings will find the truth (Jan '14) Jan '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Raiders mum on starting quarterback (Sep '13) Sep '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 7
News Raiders add K Medlock; place CB Hanson on IR (Aug '13) Aug '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 4
News Raiders still not settled on starting punter (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mr Raider 1
News Raiders' punt battle: Kluwe, King too close to ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Haleys Commet 7
News Oakland Raiders: What positions are most up for... (Jul '13) Jul '13 TexasRaider 1
News 10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
More from around the web