Chris Kluwe blasts Saints for Bountygate scandal [Q&A]

Mar 8, 2012 Full story: City Pages 81

Vikings punter Chris Kluwe is known as one of the most outspoken players in the NFL.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#1 Mar 8, 2012
Why doesn't this guy STFU. He is the only position on the field where he can be roughed legally (only a 15 yard flag) because there is no way to determine intent on a roughing the kicker call. Its laughable to have a kicker talking smack, then again, it is the Queens. Who wants to go for a boatride?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#2 Mar 8, 2012
I have to agree. This is funny coming from a punter. For every other player on the team, football is a contact sport. The whole idea of hitting scares him.
Midcity

Metairie, LA

#3 Mar 8, 2012
From the Vikings punter Chris Kluwe!
what a b**ch, next the long snapper will be crying.
Blame Brett for the late INT. that = no trip to Miami.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#4 Mar 10, 2012
Forfiet the season for the Saints.
After all the years of futility, they couldn't win the 'one' without cheating.
Anyone who watched that NFC Championship game could see the over the top aggression by the Aint's, just too bad the Refs didn't do their job to protect the players.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#5 Mar 10, 2012
There is a reason that football players get to do things on the field that would be felonies off the field. The intent to harm or injure is implied and agreed to by the participants in football and every contact sport. Aggression is a part of the game. People that don't like it should watch synchronized swimming instead ... or become punters.
Daryl Stingley

Littleton, CO

#6 Mar 14, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
There is a reason that football players get to do things on the field that would be felonies off the field. The intent to harm or injure is implied and agreed to by the participants in football and every contact sport. Aggression is a part of the game. People that don't like it should watch synchronized swimming instead ... or become punters.
Yeah!!! What GBP Says!!!!! Anybody see Chuck Hughes?
Cheaters

United States

#7 Mar 14, 2012
Daryl Stingley wrote:
<quoted text> Anybody see Chuck Hughes?
Was he part of the paid hit squad....
Websters Dictionary

Littleton, CO

#8 Mar 14, 2012
Cheaters wrote:
<quoted text>
Was he part of the paid hit squad....
Both died as a result of their injuries. Chuck was wheeled off the field and pronounced dead after another Lions loss
Shambles

United States

#9 Mar 14, 2012
Websters Dictionary wrote:
<quoted text>Chuck was wheeled off the field and pronounced dead after another Lions loss
I remember...heart attack....

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

#10 Mar 21, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
Seems Goodell doesn't follow your inane outlook at NFL football

"The Saints will long feel the impact of Williams' pay-for-pain bounty program that elicited harsh penalties, including the suspensions of Payton without pay for the 2012 season; Loomis for eight regular-season games; Vitt for six games; and Williams, now the St. Louis Rams defensive coordinator, indefinitely.
Goodell also stripped the Saints of their second-round draft picks in 2012 and '13 and docked the club $500,000."

Synchronized swimming? You don't have a chance at understanding that either.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#11 Mar 22, 2012
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems Goodell doesn't follow your inane outlook at NFL football
"The Saints will long feel the impact of Williams' pay-for-pain bounty program that elicited harsh penalties, including the suspensions of Payton without pay for the 2012 season; Loomis for eight regular-season games; Vitt for six games; and Williams, now the St. Louis Rams defensive coordinator, indefinitely.
Goodell also stripped the Saints of their second-round draft picks in 2012 and '13 and docked the club $500,000."
Synchronized swimming? You don't have a chance at understanding that either.
Goodell does follow my outlook at NFL football in this circumstance. I completely agree with his decision, and that is a rarity! As I have stated before, the bounty system was WRONG! That has nothing to do with the over-reaction of some fans.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

#12 Mar 22, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodell does follow my outlook at NFL football in this circumstance. I completely agree with his decision, and that is a rarity! As I have stated before, the bounty system was WRONG! That has nothing to do with the over-reaction of some fans.
From what you posted right after my post doesn't reflect your 'concern'.
I don't see any over reaction on this thread, maybe you can point it out.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#13 Mar 22, 2012
Who Dat? Suspended Dat? Say Bye Bye to the QB DAT
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#14 Mar 22, 2012
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
From what you posted right after my post doesn't reflect your 'concern'.
I don't see any over reaction on this thread, maybe you can point it out.
I am concerned with the Saints coaches and management running a bounty system for all of the rright reasons. I'm not concerned about it due to the goofy over reactions of some fans.

Your post was an over reaction. You said: "Forfiet the season for the Saints." That isn't going to happen! That is crazy talk.

You said: "they couldn't win the 'one' without cheating." This wasn't cheating and nothing that Goodell said suggests that it was in any way. The reason is simple. It wasn't cheating. Hundreds of players get fined every season for NFL uniform or equipment violations. I totally agree with that also, but that is not "cheating" either.

You also said that the Saints aggression was over the top. This is football. Perhaps the Vikings were not aggressive enough. It seems an over reaction to me to criticize aggression in football. I fail to see why aggression would be changed with or without a bounty system. Do you really think football players only play with aggression if the TEAM runs a bounty system?

I've heard plenty of other people say things are way over the top, such as suggesting that crimes were committed, or that the Saints should be stripped of their Championship. The Packers lost an NFL Championship one season when the Broncos did literally "cheat" and I don't think that kind of punishment is appropriate! Some people are just being goofy about this.

Again, Goodell did the right thing here! But it has nothing to do with some fans over reaction to the situation.
george

United States

#15 Mar 22, 2012
Wow,,, I'm amazed at the saints fans on here saying for Kluwe to shut up, truth hurts don't it? everything he said is the truth, the integrity of the NFL is important, and Goodell is trying to keep that integrity in place, If you are not willing or able to follow the NFL rules, then get the hell off the field, you have no bussiness playing profesional football if the only way you think you can win is by thumbing your nose at the rules and playing illegally. having to take the lead players of the opposing team out of the game knowing you don't have a chance to win fair and square, knowing your not good enough to beat them on fair playing ground, so lets see what do you do? ahhhh,,, break the rules and do some dirty low late hits, and make a couple of grand on top of that? what low life wouldn't go for that?
Very interesting to see the proof now that everyone seen 2 years ago, that the saints have no morals, no respect, horrible sportsmanship, non compliance with the rules of the orginization they signed contracts with, basically playing like hit men, out for the bounty, funny to see what the fans write on here, they are no different, amazing to see the influence they have on you all, but keep in mind,, if any of you have kids out there that look up to these guys as hero's and your kid lands in prison for killing a guy that he knew was better than him, look back and see what they were taught by you
george

United States

#16 Mar 22, 2012
oh.. just a side note, let the law suits on the saints franchise and the players begin.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#17 Mar 22, 2012
george wrote:
if any of you have kids out there that look up to these guys as hero's and your kid lands in prison for killing a guy that he knew was better than him, look back and see what they were taught by you
See 40, this guy is equating the Saints running a bounty system to MURDER! If that isn't a completely over the top over reaction, then what is? People are frickin goofy about this!

I guess my kids are going to prison because I enjoy contact sports. That's a very reasonable assumption, don't you think?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#18 Mar 22, 2012
george wrote:
Wow,,, I'm amazed at the saints fans on here saying for Kluwe to shut up, truth hurts don't it?
I don't think there were any Saints fans that made a comment. I think everybody that did comment about Kluwe believes the bounty system which the Saints ran was wrong. It just seems weird to have a punter cry about it.
george

United States

#19 Mar 22, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
See 40, this guy is equating the Saints running a bounty system to MURDER! If that isn't a completely over the top over reaction, then what is? People are frickin goofy about this!
I guess my kids are going to prison because I enjoy contact sports. That's a very reasonable assumption, don't you think?
I have 3 boys that played football and every sport out there, 2 are graduated and moved on, the third is a starting QB Senior, they have rules to follow to make it a fair game, they are taught to have respect for other team mates, having an interest in contact sports is not the point, the point is advocating playing dirty and illegally, teaching your kids you don't have to follow any rules, advocating to your kids that taking a pay off for an illegal hit is the right thing to do, teaching your kids the only way your going to win this game is by taking out the best players of the other team, all your telling them is, I know your not good enough to beat this guy, so do something you know is illegal and ethically wrong to make sure he don't win.
Why do you think Goodell is finally cracking down? he knows its getting out of hand, if something isn't done it is inevitable that a death will occur on the field.
perhaps you should become a ultimate fighting fan instead? no rules there! perhaps football is just to complicated a sport for you, with all those nasty rules and all, have a good day!!!
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#20 Mar 22, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Redrum Redrum

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Kluwe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Kluwe: Vikings will find the truth (Jan '14) Jan '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Raiders mum on starting quarterback (Sep '13) Sep '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 7
Raiders add K Medlock; place CB Hanson on IR (Aug '13) Aug '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 4
Raiders still not settled on starting punter (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mr Raider 1
Raiders' punt battle: Kluwe, King too close to ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Haleys Commet 7
Oakland Raiders: What positions are most up for... (Jul '13) Jul '13 TexasRaider 1
10 Early Winners and Losers of Minnesota Viking... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bleeds Purple 1
More from around the web