To Draft or Not To Draft a RB in 1st ...

To Draft or Not To Draft a RB in 1st Round?

There are 9 comments on the NFLMocks story from Feb 8, 2011, titled To Draft or Not To Draft a RB in 1st Round?. In it, NFLMocks reports that:

Reason #1 Not to draft a RB early I was actually going to post this tommorrow morning, but I put a poll in it, not knowing the poll would show up on the site, which seemed out of place without posting this so here goes nothing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NFLMocks.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Feb 9, 2011
Later picks tend to do better simply because they are normally going to better teams with established systems. The higher picks (top 10 or 15) are going to the NFL's bottom feeders where they are expected to become saviors for the team that drafts them. There are some players that just have trouble making the transition from college to NFL.

This is why they need to put a cap on rookies because it don't matter if he's a first round pick or a 7th round pick or even if he's undrafted; he's either gonna work out or he's not.
rydeout raider

United States

#2 Feb 10, 2011
We need a corner back in the worst way and I don think we have a first round pick
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#3 Feb 10, 2011
rydeout raider wrote:
We need a corner back in the worst way and I don think we have a first round pick
We need a corner? We could use another corner, but need is a little bit of a stretch with Shields and Williams at the starting spots. GB can get a good corner in the later rounds. O-line is still where GB is vulnerable. Colledge is a FA, and Clifton isn't getting any younger. Tauscher is prolly done. I would like to see another lineman drafted in the first round. Gotta keep Rodgers protected so he isn't out there running for his life and taking that chance at a career ending head injury.
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#4 Feb 10, 2011
Never mind that post, I thought this was referring to GB, sorry rydeout raider, obviously I wasn't paying real close attention. It was posted in the Packer forum.
RaiderFaith

Durham, NC

#5 Feb 10, 2011
Considering we don't have a first round pick...not too worried about first round.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#6 Feb 10, 2011
it's almost a for sure thing nnamdi is not going to be back with oakland in my opinion. rydeout RAIDER has a point there that we are going to need a (cb). i believe we will be moving up somewhere in the first round and thats what we will pick. al davis loves (cb's).
GO RAIDERS!!!2011!

Some West Texas County

#7 Feb 10, 2011
I'm sure Al Davis will find a way to get back in the first round. Nnamdi Asomugha may or may not return. I think we need 2 decdent CBs, but I also think we need a more powerful center.
RaiderFaith

Durham, NC

#8 Feb 10, 2011
I think C is our most pressing need...along with re-signing a lot of these players.
TexasRaider wrote:
I'm sure Al Davis will find a way to get back in the first round. Nnamdi Asomugha may or may not return. I think we need 2 decdent CBs, but I also think we need a more powerful center.

Some West Texas County

#9 Feb 12, 2011
RaiderFaith wrote:
I think C is our most pressing need...along with re-signing a lot of these players.<quoted text>
Center is our weakest link on the OL especially if we are going to a power blocking scheme. Satelle is not suited for power schemes at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Vikings want to get rid of Peterson 'so... (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 7
News Denver Broncos' Trindon Holliday Claims He Is F... (Apr '13) Apr '13 NJ raider 1 9
News Former Raiders CB Chris Johnson Thankful For Al... (Feb '13) Feb '13 raiderfaith 2
News NFL Week 7: These moments will stick in the memory (Oct '12) Oct '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Oakland Raiders cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke sh... (Aug '12) Aug '12 TexasRaider 6
News Raiders' Red Flags? Their Yellow Flags (Jun '12) Jun '12 H Commet its me 2
News 5 NFL Players Who Will Burn Oakland Raiders Def... (Jun '12) Jun '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
More from around the web