Defense tops Oakland Raiders' to do list

Defense tops Oakland Raiders' to do list

There are 9 comments on the San Francisco Examiner story from Apr 9, 2009, titled Defense tops Oakland Raiders' to do list. In it, San Francisco Examiner reports that:

With the Oakland Raiders making moves to solidify their roster , they still have work to do complete their remodeling project.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Francisco Examiner.

Captain Canada

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Apr 10, 2009
"The quarterback must go down, and he must go down hard".- Al Davis.
RAIDER MISTERIO

Camarillo, CA

#2 Apr 10, 2009
WHAT'S UP CAPTAIN?(lol) them are fighting words! but we gotta get a good (LB) nfl ready that is.
RAIDERS 2009!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#3 Apr 10, 2009
RAIDER MISTERIO wrote:
WHAT'S UP CAPTAIN?(lol) them are fighting words! but we gotta get a good (LB) nfl ready that is.
RAIDERS 2009!!!
There's 3 good ones coming out of TCU...Jason Phillips is my preferred.
Raider Nation

AOL

#4 Apr 12, 2009
Defense should be #1 Priority and and more depth to the O-Line. We lost three games to rookie QB's in 2008 and Crabtree will not be the fix for this.
RAIDER MISTERIO

Camarillo, CA

#5 Apr 13, 2009
Raider Nation wrote:
Defense should be #1 Priority and and more depth to the O-Line. We lost three games to rookie QB's in 2008 and Crabtree will not be the fix for this.
you don't care for our (QB) russell and you don't want a (wr) picked first in the draft! the (OL) has been worked on (not fixed) and you feel the (D) should be #1 priority.
i could go with you on the last line but (wr) is not out for me at #7. just my opinion that's all!
RAIDER MISTERIO

Camarillo, CA

#6 Apr 13, 2009
RAIDERS 2009!!!
Raider Nation

AOL

#7 Apr 13, 2009
RAIDER MISTERIO wrote:
<quoted text>you don't care for our (QB) russell and you don't want a (wr) picked first in the draft! the (OL) has been worked on (not fixed) and you feel the (D) should be #1 priority.
i could go with you on the last line but (wr) is not out for me at #7. just my opinion that's all!
It is hard to pass on a good WR, I agree with you. Glad I am not actually drafting.

But McFadden in my opinion was one of those "Oh look who is still on the board" picks and was not a true Raider necessesity at the time. You have to admit, adding a WR will not improve the defense and we did lose some close games that could have put us in the playoffs and lost some games we should not have (Bills/KC).

For the record, I like JaMarcus as the QB!!! I just think he is not developing that well and is starting to look more like Byron Leftwich. Maybe that is why Garcia was signed????? Hope he proves me wrong in '09.
RAIDER MISTERIO

Camarillo, CA

#8 Apr 13, 2009
i hope he proves us all wrong! starting late in the season and (wr's) dropping balls did not help him develop fast. yea, he still has to prove himself by connecting with receivers as well. i'm not blind to that but that's just my opinion. a big factor is, who will be taken early in the draft? we all pretty much know who we want (lol). things just keep shifting almost daily and draft day could change things for all our guesses.
RAIDERS 2009!!!
Raider Nation

AOL

#9 Apr 13, 2009
That Chargers game is another example of one we should have won. 15-0 at half time and we lost. That is another reason why I am so high on upgrading the Defense above all and O-Line. So many games we could have won and been in the playoffs but lost the lead. I dont think we are built for a scoring shoot out and one WR will not put us in that bracket.

However, you may be right. There may be alot of draft picks exchanging hands and the Raiders may just have to draft best available even if it is a WR. You never know once it starts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Vikings want to get rid of Peterson 'so... (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 7
News Denver Broncos' Trindon Holliday Claims He Is F... (Apr '13) Apr '13 NJ raider 1 9
News Former Raiders CB Chris Johnson Thankful For Al... (Feb '13) Feb '13 raiderfaith 2
News NFL Week 7: These moments will stick in the memory (Oct '12) Oct '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Oakland Raiders cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke sh... (Aug '12) Aug '12 TexasRaider 6
News Raiders' Red Flags? Their Yellow Flags (Jun '12) Jun '12 H Commet its me 2
News 5 NFL Players Who Will Burn Oakland Raiders Def... (Jun '12) Jun '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
More from around the web