Monte Poole: Despair quick to set in for fanbases of 49ers and Raiders

Sep 20, 2011 Full story: Marin Independent Journal 6

The dialogue tells a tale of what can happen to a football fan's patience after eight years of abuse.

Full Story
Saidit

Livermore, CA

#1 Sep 20, 2011
Good article, however, a few of us abandoned the Oakland Traitors when Greedy Al opted out of the Bay Area for the greener pastures of L.A. I actually have enjoyed watching the Traitors screw up for the past decade. Watching the 9ers however is painful. Looking forward to backing the Raiders again once traitorous Al is gone.

Al Michaels was right!
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#2 Sep 21, 2011
Its all a matter of perspective. This article and particularly this quip make me....LAUGH:
A combined 16 unsatisfying seasons, coming after a historical pattern of achievement, explain why the 49ers and Raiders now have such tiny margins of faith. They've been so bad, for so long -- neither has had a winning season in eight years -- the first signs of failure in Year 9 remind us of the ugly past.
Saidit

Mooresville, NC

#3 Sep 23, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Its all a matter of perspective. This article and particularly this quip make me....LAUGH:
A combined 16 unsatisfying seasons, coming after a historical pattern of achievement, explain why the 49ers and Raiders now have such tiny margins of faith. They've been so bad, for so long -- neither has had a winning season in eight years -- the first signs of failure in Year 9 remind us of the ugly past.
You said it
Tony Sparanosarus Rex

Miami, FL

#4 Sep 23, 2011
Al Davis was a genius. WAS. W-A-S.

Harbaugh took the 9ers gig over the Phins tour of duty for less coin. That should make their fanbase feel a little warm 'n fuzzy.
Raiderfaith

Portland, OR

#5 Sep 23, 2011
Please don't come back. Last thing we need is fairweather fans. Al Davis has done more for football and the Raiders than anyone. Do I prefer the Raiders in Oakland? Absolutely. But its a business and anyone who knocks him for making changes to make the team more profitable...doesn't understand the nfl is a business first. Does that mean he has always made the right decisipns? Hell no...but he does always try to put the best players he can even if he over spends to do so..most teams would kill for an owner that actually cared about his team..so I beg you don't come back...i repeat a fairweather fan is the last thing we need.
Saidit wrote:
Good article, however, a few of us abandoned the Oakland Traitors when Greedy Al opted out of the Bay Area for the greener pastures of L.A. I actually have enjoyed watching the Traitors screw up for the past decade. Watching the 9ers however is painful. Looking forward to backing the Raiders again once traitorous Al is gone.
Al Michaels was right!
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#6 Sep 23, 2011
The only business Al Davis is creating is hourly workers in Nepal franticly sewing together his Depends because he craps in his pants hourly

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Report: Vikings want to get rid of Peterson 'so... May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 7
Denver Broncos' Trindon Holliday Claims He Is F... (Apr '13) Apr '13 NJ raider 1 9
Former Raiders CB Chris Johnson Thankful For Al... (Feb '13) Feb '13 raiderfaith 2
NFL Week 7: These moments will stick in the memory (Oct '12) Oct '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Oakland Raiders cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke sh... (Aug '12) Aug '12 TexasRaider 6
Raiders' Red Flags? Their Yellow Flags (Jun '12) Jun '12 H Commet its me 2
5 NFL Players Who Will Burn Oakland Raiders Def... (Jun '12) Jun '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3

Chris Johnson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE