Oct. 3: Studs, duds and sleepers

Oct. 3: Studs, duds and sleepers

There are 5 comments on the Carroll Co. Times story from Oct 3, 2008, titled Oct. 3: Studs, duds and sleepers. In it, Carroll Co. Times reports that:

AP Photo Pittsburgh running back Mewelde Moore returns a kickoff against the Baltimore Ravens Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carroll Co. Times.

Tom Zimmerman

San Diego, CA

#1 Oct 6, 2008
I don't understand that they do not start Mewelde Moore as more often than what they do. Everytime I see that he starts he performs well. So why not keep going with a person that performs well?

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#2 Oct 6, 2008
Tom Zimmerman wrote:
I don't understand that they do not start Mewelde Moore as more often than what they do. Everytime I see that he starts he performs well. So why not keep going with a person that performs well?
maybe that will change who knows. He consistently makes big plays. Just get the ball in his hands 10-15 times per game that's all.

Since: Apr 08

Omaha, NE

#3 Oct 6, 2008
I'll reserve my judgment until next game. If they don't use him more...then I'll start criticizing. Until then...we'll see.

LZ

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#4 Oct 7, 2008
LZ-Steel wrote:
I'll reserve my judgment until next game. If they don't use him more...then I'll start criticizing. Until then...we'll see.
LZ
if last game wasn't proof enough to get him the ball on 3rd down (once parker returns) I don't know what else he can do.

Since: Apr 08

Monroe, LA

#5 Oct 23, 2008
To me...Moore seems like an emergency back. Someone who steps up when the pressure is on and outperforms because he knows that if he doesn't...his team loses. We'll see how he does now that the pressure isn't rested solely on him. I guess that's the point I was trying to make.

LZ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Vikings want to get rid of Peterson 'so... (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 7
News Denver Broncos' Trindon Holliday Claims He Is F... (Apr '13) Apr '13 NJ raider 1 9
News Former Raiders CB Chris Johnson Thankful For Al... (Feb '13) Feb '13 raiderfaith 2
News NFL Week 7: These moments will stick in the memory (Oct '12) Oct '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Oakland Raiders cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke sh... (Aug '12) Aug '12 TexasRaider 6
News Raiders' Red Flags? Their Yellow Flags (Jun '12) Jun '12 H Commet its me 2
News 5 NFL Players Who Will Burn Oakland Raiders Def... (Jun '12) Jun '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
More from around the web