Players Fined For Uniform Violations

Players Fined For Uniform Violations

There are 105 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Dec 17, 2007, titled Players Fined For Uniform Violations. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

The NFL fined five Falcons players for violating uniform rules when they did their tributes to Michael Vick before the team's loss on Monday Night Football to the New Orleans Saints a week ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Jane

United States

#2 Dec 18, 2007
hehehhe

Justice! I love it!
Who

Kirknewton, UK

#3 Dec 18, 2007
I just don't understand why some people think he should not pay for his crimes. I know that not all people get the same treatment in the judical system but he pled guilty so therefore he admitted what he did. 23 months--let it go. Also I think that professional football is a consumer product just like going to to a retail establisment to buy a good. You don't asked for their opinions you just want to consume the product. The celebrtiy entertaining you is the product. It has just become boring for celebrites to give their opinion like it means something. Shutup, entertain me and then go home with you money--Don't care what you think.

“He's 3 1/2 lbs. of fury!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Hampton Roads, VA

#4 Dec 18, 2007
This is absolutely great...I love it!!!
Again, low lifes are shown they are not above the rules...
Jay

Milner, GA

#5 Dec 18, 2007
If the players put as much energy and thought into preparing for games as into deciding what to wear, they might have a better record.
Not Enough

Lilburn, GA

#6 Dec 18, 2007
I for one will never enter the Georgia Dome again untill this thug-house is clean.If thats who the falcons want to market themselves to....have at it.Im done!
nan

Macon, GA

#7 Dec 18, 2007
this display makes me uneasy,, maybe they have knowledge of what went on at vicks plantation in virginia and this was their way of acknowledgement.. so therefore the falcon team members are more involved than orginally thought..
B Lovett

Fayetteville, GA

#8 Dec 18, 2007
This right here is a PURE example of why the Falcoons are where they are right now! This again is why I tell people that I live "south" of the airport and not Atlanta. The Falcons are a disgrace and the city of Atlanta is a disgrace! The best thing that could happen to Atlanta is for the Falcons to be disbanded and for the dome to be tore down! Do we REALLY belive that the caliber of players Atlanta has could be anything else but what they are now?
Greg

United States

#10 Dec 18, 2007
It's time for Blank to clean house. Trade the high-price talent, cut em, fire em, whatever. And don't stop at just these guys. If you (Blank) ever stand a chance of putting people in the seats again, you need to hit the flush handle on this bowl of crap and start over.
Jane

United States

#12 Dec 18, 2007
It's one thing to support a friend in need, it quite another to support illegal activity (i.e., Free MV). These players were supporting his illegal activity. Plain and simple.

I see a lot of black-outs in the Falcons' future, maybe even their demise. It's truly a shame. Atlanta needs something positive. From it's leadership (Franklin) down to it's football team (Falcons) and down to its low-life citizens (Zone 3), Atlanta is in a free-fall.
Falcon fan

United States

#13 Dec 18, 2007
I think the team has gone through enough...losing their quarterback, then their cowardly coach (which was probably a blessing!)...give them a break!
Agree

Knoxville, TN

#15 Dec 18, 2007
Jay wrote:
If the players put as much energy and thought into preparing for games as into deciding what to wear, they might have a better record.
Exactly!
Janice

United States

#16 Dec 18, 2007
Jane wrote:
hehehhe
Justice! I love it!
The players got fined $10,000 each for suporting vick. I love it!
Nelson

Decatur, GA

#18 Dec 18, 2007
I agree with all of the above except for Falcon Fan's comments. I don't think Petrino was a coward. Would any of us want to try to coach such a team of th*gs like what's playing?
duuuuuuh

Atlanta, GA

#20 Dec 18, 2007
so although they had no part in the dog fighting and are not in trouble w/ the law simply because they support him they are low lifes?
violetlove22 wrote:
This is absolutely great...I love it!!!
Again, low lifes are shown they are not above the rules...
duuuuuuh

Atlanta, GA

#21 Dec 18, 2007
wamp wamp wamp. stop crying. you're just mad because they are not doing good this season..all of a sudden they are all thugs...you GA people make me sick..really you do. never have i come across such narrow minded people until i moved here.
GaNative wrote:
Petrino did the right thing. I'd get away from these wannabe thugs also. Anyone who supports the Falcons is a low life.
The Truth

Washington, DC

#22 Dec 18, 2007
How stupid to fine these players. Thats why the falcons are in the trouble they are in now. da*ned turncoats

“Proud SP since 2003”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#23 Dec 18, 2007
duuuuuuh wrote:
so although they had no part in the dog fighting and are not in trouble w/ the law simply because they support him they are low lifes? <quoted text>
See Jane's comment above. Read it a couple of times until you "get it".
The Truth

Washington, DC

#24 Dec 18, 2007
Man I wish you people would move on and shut up about Vick. You got what you wanted, this young man's life has been ruined over some d**ned dogs. To a lot of you dogs mean more to you than your children so of course you can't let this go. His teammates have every right to show him their support.
BobW

Decatur, GA

#27 Dec 18, 2007
What can you say. "Birds of a feather stick together"
liberal

Atlanta, GA

#28 Dec 18, 2007
That was very tasteless. But then I didn't come here for intelligent commentary, I wanted to see how far down on the thread would I have to go to see something racist.
B Lovett wrote:
This right here is a PURE example of why the Falcoons are where they are right now! This again is why I tell people that I live "south" of the airport and not Atlanta. The Falcons are a disgrace and the city of Atlanta is a disgrace! The best thing that could happen to Atlanta is for the Falcons to be disbanded and for the dome to be tore down! Do we REALLY belive that the caliber of players Atlanta has could be anything else but what they are now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Houston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Detroit Lions second look: Game plan kept Chris... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Schwartzdusky 2
News Chris Houston's blue-collar mentality fits righ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Saul4331 1
News Raiders Free Agent Wishlist: Cornerbacks abound (Mar '13) Mar '13 TexasRaider 3
News NFL Draft Order 2013: Teams in Prime Position t... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Haleys Commet 5
News Tyrann Mathieu: Would the Detroit Lions Draft H... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Dennishoes in Cal... 1
News Detroit Lions Reportedly Interested in Dallas C... (May '12) May '12 Cowboy fan 2
News 2012 SB Nation NFL Mock Draft: Round 1, Pick 23 (Apr '12) Apr '12 john 1
More from around the web