Sports - Players Fined For Uniform Vi...

Sports - Players Fined For Uniform Violations

There are 19 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Dec 17, 2007, titled Sports - Players Fined For Uniform Violations. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

The NFL fined five Falcons players for violating uniform rules when they did their tributes to Michael Vick before the team's loss on Monday Night Football to the New Orleans Saints a week ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

B_Smith

United States

#1 Dec 18, 2007
If I were Bobby Petrino, I would have left too. Not sure I would want to coach a sorry team with the added problem of immaturity, and lack of class.
Wise Guy

Stockbridge, GA

#3 Dec 18, 2007
I say Arthur Blank should replace the entire team with the Buford Wolves. Talk about a team that can crush their opponents.
beachbum129

Canton, GA

#4 Dec 18, 2007
I truly hope that after this season ends, Arthur Blank will clean house and start all over again. There is no reasonable support for Vick. He is the poster boy for bad decisions made worse by even more bad decisions. How's smoking pot when you know you are facing a drug test? Or, writing the Judge in your case and still not accepting unqualified responsibility for his acts. Vick is a young man needing a great deal of responsible help and idiots like Hall, Crumpler and company are doing nothing to help Vick recover. You can't build a winning team with losers like Vick, Crumpler, Hall, White and Horn. Can't be done. Losers are just that; losers. They lack the mentality it takes to win. They lack the maturity and professionalism. Hall is probably the worst of the bunch with his fouls that have cost the team possible scores.

Unless Blank cleans house, no respectable coach is going to accept the Atlanta job. Clean house, hire a bunch of young no-draft kids who love to play and get a solid coach to lead them. Might not win for a few years, but at least we'll have a team we can be proud of instead of this bunch of losers. The real shame is that good men and good players like Brookings are getting tarred with the same brush. I truly feel for those guys.
Gulfcoastgolfer

Nicholasville, KY

#5 Dec 18, 2007
No more sympathy for the Falcons. These players show their racism by praising criminal behavior. It will take drastic measures by Blank to overcome the image these idiots have placed on the team. Sure made Petrino look good. Forfit the rest of the games, who would pay to go see them.
Now-ex-Falcon fan

“Proud SP since 2003”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#8 Dec 18, 2007
Gulfcoastgolfer wrote:
No more sympathy for the Falcons. These players show their racism by praising criminal behavior. It will take drastic measures by Blank to overcome the image these idiots have placed on the team. Sure made Petrino look good. Forfit the rest of the games, who would pay to go see them.
Now-ex-Falcon fan
We'll welcome you as a Colt's fan. We actually win football games and our QB doesn't spread STD's, use illegal drugs or torture dogs. We also have a new record-12 wins in 5 straight seasons. We got it all!
Dave

Idalou, TX

#13 Dec 18, 2007
What a paltry fine for such infractions! This man, Vick, is an admitted felon! The NFL needs cleaned up on the worst way! Either they get ahold of the problem now or in the long run it's going to cost them dearly. I'm sure that there's plenty just as good as these players waiting to take their place. They DO need suspensions. I would love to see an organized campaign where the NFL is bombarded with protest over their actions.
Falcons are a Disgrace

Sugar Land, TX

#14 Dec 18, 2007
I'd suspend them for the rest of the season and trade them. Spoiled Brats!
Falcons are a Disgrace

Sugar Land, TX

#15 Dec 18, 2007
Black Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Clean house my A$$. STFU Whitey. Don't get mad @ his teammates for supporting him u racist whitey!!!!!!!!!
Oh I forgot, ur boy brooking came out publicly to support MV as well...didn't read about that whitey!!!
Your IGNORANT!
Not Enough

United States

#17 Dec 18, 2007
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Daschie23-Stop showing your ignorance.
Flagged for making racist statements!
You missed Flagging "Black Man" for his racist statements. Not a problem, I just flagged it.

If your report one report them all...they are all the same except for skin color.

As for the Falcons players showbaoting and acting like fools they needed to be fined much more and suspended for at least one game. Hopefully the Falcons management will get rid of these losers...
coach

Dalton, GA

#20 Dec 18, 2007
Another example of good role models. What is with you guys? He pleaded quilty. took responsibility and now is paying for it. I am ashamed of you guys.
Goonie

Upper Marlboro, MD

#22 Dec 18, 2007
Black Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Clean house my A$$. STFU Whitey. Don't get mad @ his teammates for supporting him u racist whitey!!!!!!!!!
Oh I forgot, ur boy brooking came out publicly to support MV as well...didn't read about that whitey!!!
Can't win an arguement without playing the race card? So sad. Who cares what damn color any of these guys are. A criminal is a criminal. And with the millions they are paid, and for all the kids that look up to them, they should be held to a code of conduct befitting a "super star", a "hero", or something great. They certainly get paid enough! They're all a bunch of idiots. Whether they're black, white or friggin' purple. Defend your belief without having to do the racist whine. It's really old!!!!
S Nash

Atlanta, GA

#23 Dec 18, 2007
Wow! I honestly don't see anything wrong with them supporting him. It's amazing how much we want to say what we feel or support causes that we think are important (no matter what they are) because of our right to freedom of speech but when someone else does it and we don't agree with it, there's always a problem. I would never want to see anyone hurt anything, be it human or animal but it really amazes me that in this day and age, you can rape a child and get 48 hours in prison or be a senator in the house of reps and molest little boys and not get any time at all but if you do something to an animal, you get two years!!! Maybe that's why I chose Biology in college vs political science.

I agree that he could have really spent his time doing something more constructive but WE all have done something that would get us kicked out of heaven!!! If you haven't, then I pass the first stone to you to cast!!!!
myconju

Longwood, FL

#29 Dec 18, 2007
Boy Neutral, Preston got you told. Did you ever retort?
MoJo

Stone Mountain, GA

#30 Dec 18, 2007
I could understand the fine, had they done something offensive or vulgar. Otherwise, I feel that the NFL is infringing upon these players' constitutional freedom of expression.
Nelson

Milledgeville, GA

#32 Dec 19, 2007
MoJo wrote:
I could understand the fine, had they done something offensive or vulgar. Otherwise, I feel that the NFL is infringing upon these players' constitutional freedom of expression.
No, the NFL has guidelines in place about what a player can and cannot do on the field when they are representing their team. They have fined others for 'excessive display of celebration' for less than this.

I would have tripled the fines and suspended them for rest of season. Oh, wait, they can't play worth a darn anyway, so what would that accomplish?
CM Walker

Atlanta, GA

#33 Dec 19, 2007
First, I will like to say I'm glad someone showed support for Michael Vick. This is a man..black man who has been talked about since the day he became a Atlanta Falcon player. I truly believe that being a black quarterback you have to prove yourself even harder. I feel the fine to the players were unnecessary. These are teammates who are showing support for their teammate Michael Vick. Question, when is it enough. Michael Vick whole entire life has been taken away from him. I’m a true believer each person living on this earth is NOT PERFECT. We always hear the statement ‘Innocence until proven guilty’ but in Michael case it’s guilty until proven innocence. It’s sad to say but true. This is the world we are living in. Think about this individual family. His kid’s life will never be the same again. In closing, if you are REAL and TRUE Michael Vick SUPPORTER standup and let your voice be heard. He has spoken from the heart and asks for a second chance, so, think, look and listen before we place judgment onto the next person. There are murders, rapists and those who molest young kids each day who are still walking the streets today. What Michael Vick did was wrong and I believe GOD is the one he has to answer to.
Sad Situation

Decatur, GA

#36 Dec 19, 2007
CM Walker wrote:
First, I will like to say I'm glad someone showed support for Michael Vick. This is a man..black man who has been talked about since the day he became a Atlanta Falcon player. I truly believe that being a black quarterback you have to prove yourself even harder. I feel the fine to the players were unnecessary. These are teammates who are showing support for their teammate Michael Vick. Question, when is it enough. Michael Vick whole entire life has been taken away from him. I’m a true believer each person living on this earth is NOT PERFECT. We always hear the statement ‘Innocence until proven guilty’ but in Michael case it’s guilty until proven innocence. It’s sad to say but true. This is the world we are living in. Think about this individual family. His kid’s life will never be the same again. In closing, if you are REAL and TRUE Michael Vick SUPPORTER standup and let your voice be heard. He has spoken from the heart and asks for a second chance, so, think, look and listen before we place judgment onto the next person. There are murders, rapists and those who molest young kids each day who are still walking the streets today. What Michael Vick did was wrong and I believe GOD is the one he has to answer to.
First, he has been acting foolish and getting himself talked about since he got here. Second, just because there are other criminals in the world doesn't excuse his actions or suggest he shouldn't be punished. Third, he was proven guilty by his CONFESSION. Fourth, he is sadly the one that put himself in this position obviously without thought or consideration as to how it could impact his children. Now his kids are learning a valuable lesson about the consequences of committing crimes. And last but not least, study your Bible. If you want to get into what god expects of man when it comes to obeying earthly laws, here you go..
Romans 13:1-14
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.
Dave

Idalou, TX

#38 Dec 19, 2007
CM Walker, you have to know that Michael Vick WILL get a second chance. Who told you that he's not going to get one? Twenty three months from now, he'll get that second chance.

As far as you saying if he's a black QB he has to "prove himself even harder" well, using your spare time fighting and financing dog fights, drowning, hanging and electrocuting dogs doesn't show me that he's giving much to prove himself.

This isn't about race though, you might want to make it that way but if I was a black man in the NFL who was a good decent man (and there's a lot of them too by the way) I'd be upset to be lumped with this Vick character myself and be angry at you for tying me in with him.
boycott

United States

#39 Dec 19, 2007
Gulfcoastgolfer wrote:
Now-ex-Falcon fan
Sack every one of them. They are bad for the sport and don't deserve to play again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Houston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Detroit Lions second look: Game plan kept Chris... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Schwartzdusky 2
News Chris Houston's blue-collar mentality fits righ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Saul4331 1
News Raiders Free Agent Wishlist: Cornerbacks abound (Mar '13) Mar '13 TexasRaider 3
News NFL Draft Order 2013: Teams in Prime Position t... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Haleys Commet 5
News Tyrann Mathieu: Would the Detroit Lions Draft H... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Dennishoes in Cal... 1
News Detroit Lions Reportedly Interested in Dallas C... (May '12) May '12 Cowboy fan 2
News 2012 SB Nation NFL Mock Draft: Round 1, Pick 23 (Apr '12) Apr '12 john 1
More from around the web