Lions receiver roars: We will win thi...

Lions receiver roars: We will win this game

There are 21 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 11, 2006, titled Lions receiver roars: We will win this game. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

It may not necessarily affect betting lines, but Detroit wide receiver Roy Williams entered the guarantee business Monday, declaring that the winner of Sunday's Lions game with the Bears has been determined.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mohamed

Port Carbon, PA

#1 Sep 13, 2006
salty `roy roy roy!!!
Eric

Lafayette, OH

#2 Sep 13, 2006
He prolly won't make it through the game for running his mouth like that, people should let their game speak for themselves he just set himself up for trouble.
Paper Lion

United States

#3 Sep 16, 2006
Bahhh! We will own pretender bears this year!
Eric

United States

#4 Sep 17, 2006
Lions Roar ha ha ha ha ha!

Lions are a joke again this year! Roy williams needs to keep his mouth shut!

BEARS BEARS BEARS!
Eric

United States

#5 Sep 17, 2006
Paper Lion wrote:
Bahhh! We will own pretender bears this year!
Paper Lion where you at?
dave

United States

#6 Sep 17, 2006
I wouldn't come back either if i were him.
Paper Lion

United States

#7 Sep 17, 2006
ok, maybe not, lol!
VIKINGS_CHAMPION SHIPS-0

United States

#8 Sep 17, 2006
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Paper Lion where you at?
Paper lion is actually purple faithful. He just hates the Bears. He'll post as a fan of whoever plays the Bears.
Eric

United States

#9 Sep 18, 2006
Wow he will get a lot of chances to get let down this year!
Paper Lion

United States

#10 Sep 20, 2006
i don't hate the bears. Most years bears suck & the years they don't, the vikes suck. so no real rivalry. most years both you & the pack suck & you are close together, so i think that's why you have a rivalry. i enjoyed the 85 bears & payton's years (with the 276 or so exceptions from one particular sunday)

i post as paper lion once in a great while. Not ment to be a real lion's fan (if there are any) hence the name "paper". just thought i'd see you guys rally to your teams defense. not many of you guys in here, though. btw, roy had a decent game. at least he played & tried to back up his bs. kinda knew it was gonna get ugly after he opened his trap like that! lions only chance was for the bears to look past them & come to work asleep. vikes/bears should be good, though. we'll see if vikes & grossman are for real, anyway.

later, boys
JDBrocks

United States

#11 Sep 20, 2006
ya know... i wonder why zero hasn't shown his face in the vikings forum where he was makin such a big deal...
Eric

Lafayette, OH

#12 Sep 21, 2006
Vikes bears game will only be good if we make bonehead plays like Carolina did. Otherewise Vikes will be outclassed in every phase of the game.
Eric

Lafayette, OH

#14 Sep 22, 2006
true dat wrote:
Win the game? And screw up the stranglehold you have on next year's first pick? Why do that?
Wow where did that come from? Must have been from the Vikings forum, I went over and looked, I see why you come over here, we talk football, you guys just attack each other personally can't wait unitl after the win then you guys won't be over here talking baseless smack.
JDBrocks

Benton Harbor, MI

#15 Sep 22, 2006
ok Eric. i want you to admit right now that the vikings have at least a better secondary and a better rushing attack. i'll admit that the linebackers and the d line of chicago is better than the vikings, and that we don't have a big play offense, but we manage the game, and play "small ball" to get to the redzone. the game will be decided on defense and special teams.
Eric

Lafayette, OH

#16 Sep 22, 2006

I will give you the rushing attack for the first two weeks, again I think carolina and Washington are overrated, so we will see against a good defense, on paper most nfl analysts would tell you that your secondary is better personnel wise than ours, but your guys are older and more established, we had two pro bowlers in our secondary last year and Charles Tillman is no slouch, yea he got burnt by steve Smith in the playoffs but then again Smoots got torched as well. Smith is an amazing talent. Vasher, Brown and Tillman and now Danieal Manning
looks good and our D line makes our secondary a whole lot better with 8 sacks.
Purple Faithful

San Jose, CA

#17 Sep 22, 2006
Eric wrote:
Vikes bears game will only be good if we make bonehead plays like Carolina did. Otherewise Vikes will be outclassed in every phase of the game.
carolina was outclassed by vikes on field. poor play calling kept it close. not long to wait now!
Eric

Lima, OH

#18 Sep 24, 2006
Out classed your only touchdown came from your kicker. You are funny!
Purple Faithful

United States

#19 Sep 24, 2006
Special teams don't count? how would the bears have done last year w/o special teams? all i meant is vikes o & d lines dominanted. childress fell in love with passing in the second half. probably less than 10 runs the whole half in a tight game. carolina couldnt stop the run to save their a $$, but childress kept throwing. poor play selection kept it close. just an opinion, of course.
Eric

United States

#20 Sep 25, 2006
Here we go Bears own NFC NORTH.
VIKINGS_CHAMPION SHIPS-0

Schenectady, NY

#21 Sep 25, 2006
JDBrocks wrote:
ok Eric. i want you to admit right now that the vikings have at least a better secondary and a better rushing attack. i'll admit that the linebackers and the d line of chicago is better than the vikings, and that we don't have a big play offense, but we manage the game, and play "small ball" to get to the redzone. the game will be decided on defense and special teams.
OK now time for you to admit the Bears have a better secondary and both running attacks are currently ineffective. Of course any team that plays the vikings dont need a secondary because johnson cant throw a deep ball. dink and dunk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Broncos, Panthers arrive in Bay Area for Super ... Feb '16 Fart news 2
News This time, the injured Broncos will go, too Feb '16 Fart news 2
News Knee injuries to 2 prized picks have NFL teams ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 2
News Q&A with Bradley Roby (Aug '14) Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 3
News Elway wants better balance from Broncos (Jul '14) Jul '14 Flatulence Fred 8
News Oakland Raiders WR Breakdown: The Final Seven (Jul '14) Jul '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 6
News Broncos select cornerback Bradley Roby (May '14) May '14 Matt Russell 3
More from around the web