3 Games Left in 2007: Panthers incent...

3 Games Left in 2007: Panthers incentive is 2008 job security

There are 11 comments on the Charlotte.com story from Dec 13, 2007, titled 3 Games Left in 2007: Panthers incentive is 2008 job security. In it, Charlotte.com reports that:

Their chance at the playoffs is virtually gone, but the Carolina Panthers insist they are playing for something important.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charlotte.com.

panther2504

Asheboro, NC

#1 Dec 13, 2007
i have nothing to say about this situation but john fox has been a disapointment and matt hurney doenst know how to build or fill wholes on teams that need it meaning he knew we needed a safty and a big wideout every sincec musin left SO U DRAFT JARRET and not play him its fucking pointless......fox has to go and the gm...BILL COWHER WE NEED U!!!!!!!
bobbax4

Thomasville, NC

#2 Dec 13, 2007
fire fox
Panthers2003

Baltimore, MD

#3 Dec 13, 2007
I don't know if firing Fox is the answer. He is stubborn and the play calling is so predictable, but when the Panthers are healthy under Fox they are one of the best teams. Jarret is better than Colbert or USC can not produce good recievers. DeAngelo is better than Deshaun. I don't think Deshaun has the passion any longer. He looks good at times, but other times he looks like the worst running back in the league. The defense is the bright spot, but only if they can get some rest and not be on the field all day. I think Fox will get one more shot to redeem himself.
osbornearmy

Tacoma, WA

#4 Dec 13, 2007
Jeff Davidson should be the first to go. He has destroyed a decent offense with or without a true QB, it still should have produced more than it did. Firing John Fox is not the answer to all of our problems.
panther 95dill

AOL

#5 Dec 13, 2007
marty hurney needs TO GET THE AX,LATER ROUND PICKS ARE BAD, should kept shayne graham & witherspoon and mcree.
bobbax4

Thomasville, NC

#6 Dec 13, 2007
firing fox may not be the total answer. but it will be a good start.
sean dolan

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Dec 14, 2007
i think getting rid of matt hurney is a must...and draft jarret and not play him...put deangelo williams in as starter...foster looks like he watching and not playing i do more on my couch...and testeverde was no answer to the question of qb....cmon the guy was at home eatin turkey sandwiches when they called him...and david carr what a stinkin joke that was...he was all beat up from the hits he took at the texans...was a great qb...but houston beat him up...
anonymous

Knightdale, NC

#8 Dec 14, 2007
its obvious that the team is not responding to fox at this point. its time to make a change. bill cowher maybe!?!?
Paul-Ryan

United States

#9 Dec 16, 2007
Bill Cowher oh yes maybe!! But yea they should play Dwayne Jarret more and DeAngelo williams is better. I hope we can see soon how well Matt Moore can play i mean wht if he is a tony romo you wont find out until to try it plus the season is more than half over anyways.
Mark Cooper

Morganton, NC

#10 Dec 16, 2007
I see wide change in The Panthers Club as nobody's gettin it done there may be two or less players left and no coaches. The sweep will not begin till after the last game and the fan know that there will bve no play offs this year. And the club will probaly have to play there old coach two times a year in atlanta.
trgoodman

Bladenboro, NC

#11 Dec 16, 2007
I think this team is missing something. They will not find it this season time for rebuilding now.Fox has the potential but can we wait for it in Carolina?Deshaun Foster had no desire to begin with;only flashes of potential no consistency.Jeff Davidson why did Cleveland get rid of him? Asst. Coaches are not doing their jobs effectively.We need consistency in Charlotte not "it is what it is" sayings from the coach.Do your job" try that one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Von Miller just wishes Broncos' final game mean... Dec '17 OaklandFartSniffers 2
News Broncos, Panthers arrive in Bay Area for Super ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fart news 2
News This time, the injured Broncos will go, too (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fart news 2
News Knee injuries to 2 prized picks have NFL teams ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 2
News Q&A with Bradley Roby (Aug '14) Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 3
News Elway wants better balance from Broncos (Jul '14) Jul '14 Flatulence Fred 8
News Oakland Raiders WR Breakdown: The Final Seven (Jul '14) Jul '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 6
More from around the web