2008 NFL Draft Preview Carolina Panthers Wishlist

Jan 13, 2008 Full story: Associated Content 15

The Panthers fell apart after Jake Delhomme went down for the season - finishing with a 7-9 record. via Associated Content

Full Story
Rex

Mount Airy, NC

#1 Feb 14, 2008
Hey my name is rex and i was thinking if the panthers can once again be the kind of team like they were in 2003 and if matt moore can be an elite quarterback one day.
Adam

San Diego, CA

#2 Feb 16, 2008
Yes Rex i think the panthers can b the 2003 team and then some, i think that this team is a great team with many future pro bowlers in our hands. we have John Beason, Dwayne Jarrett, Matt Moore, Ryan Kalil and Richard Marshall as future great players. as for veteran experince we have Steve Smith, Jake Delhomme, Chris Harris, Jullius Peppers, and Chris Gamble. I think the panthers were stupid for releasing Dan Morgan and Mike Whale but it did get us some much needed salary cap room. We just signed Travelle Warthon a tackle who i personally think has 2-3 years to prove himself and Chris Harris a safety who we traded a 5th round pick to the bears for and he has proven to do some good things for the panthers. Not to mention we are looking to trade foster i think if Jenkins doesnt resign with us then we should get a Defensive Tackle for Foster if not then i say work on the free safety, right outside linebacker, or offensive line. we could also get Ocho Cinco if were lucky he is looking to depart from cincinatti and he has mentioned goin to the panthers before. imagine the damage we could inflict on defenses through the air with both ocho cinco and ocho nueve(steve smith).
Lindsey

East Bend, NC

#3 Feb 19, 2008
"panthers were stupid for releasing Dan Morgan "

you have to be kidding, Morgan has played in 4 games in two seasons. Thats move is over due!!!
tacomawa90

Mercer Island, WA

#4 Feb 19, 2008
I strongly suggest the Panther to go after Muhsin Muhammed, since he left the Panthers playing alonside Steve Smith, that offense have been weak ever since. That will be one smart move by them during this off season. Secondly, Let Jake be the back up[ QB and start Matt Moore, Jake is trigger happy in throwing Interceptions and it makes me sick in the stomach when he does it.
trgoodman

Bladenboro, NC

#5 Feb 19, 2008
I wish that the Panthers can compete in the NFC South next season. Let's not talk of championship until they can be consistent.Please look for a QB and a RB.Refurbish that awful O-line and the suspect defensive backfield. Lets begin there first.Mushin is not worth a trade during this juncture of his career(too old and too expensive).
Tyler12345

Charleston, SC

#6 Feb 19, 2008
Of course we were right to release Dan Morgan. Jon Beason has grown into a beast and all Dan morgan was doing was taking up space and money. As for getting back Muhammad that would be silly we got rid of him for a reason. we should go after a younger reciever like ernest wilford or d.j. hackett. Also a power back is key, Michael Turner would be best of course
TD-Lovelace

Forest City, NC

#7 Feb 19, 2008
I think Michael Turner would be the best move we could make and get what we can out of Foster. I think we should keep our second best D lineman in Kris Jenkins, if we lose him, we will need 2 dl's. I can see the o-line taking shape, they just need a left tackle and shift Wharton to guard. If they can do like they did last year and trade down and still get a solid starter, they might get lucky with the extra pick this time. My opinion is that if they get Turner and keep Jenkins, all they will need is a O-tackle, defensive end, and a saftey, sounds like a plan. I'd like to get Crumpler too, but not a necessity.
TD-Lovelace

Forest City, NC

#8 Feb 19, 2008
TD-Lovelace wrote:
I think Michael Turner would be the best move we could make and get what we can out of Foster. I think we should keep our second best D lineman in Kris Jenkins, if we lose him, we will need 2 dl's. I can see the o-line taking shape, they just need a left tackle and shift Wharton to guard. If they can do like they did last year and trade down and still get a solid starter, they might get lucky with the extra pick this time. My opinion is that if they get Turner and keep Jenkins, all they will need is a O-tackle, defensive end, and a saftey, sounds like a plan. I'd like to get Crumpler too, but not a necessity.
They do need some help at receiver, i almost overlooked that, Dwayne Jarrett might be good in year 2, but we need insurance.
R Simmons

AOL

#9 Feb 23, 2008
The panthers need help at wide reciever and Def-end. Muhammad would be a good fit in the offense. He may be old but he can still play. He just needs a QB to throw him the ball. Something he didn't have in Chicago last year. I definitely think Michael Turner would be a great fit, getting back to the pound the football metality the panthers had in 2003. Mark my words Deangelo Williams, barring injury, will have a breakout year. Look for Dwayne Jarret to step up too.
Shawn

Winston Salem, NC

#10 Feb 26, 2008
The panthers are getting too old to hang with the young bucks.Why did we pass up Brady Quinn in the draft and keep show me the chicken????
William

Columbus, OH

#11 Feb 28, 2008
As an true fan, the Panthers are doping the right thing in releasing MORGAN, FOSTER, WAHLE, AND CARR CAUSE THEY ALL ARE NON PRODUCTIVE, CAN'T STAY HEALTHY, INCONSISTENT AND SOME ARE OLD!!!!!
We need to sign like CALVIN PACE FOR THE LB CORPS, DONTE STALLWORTH TO HELP THE RECEIVING CORPS, SOME OFFENSIVE TACKLES IN FREE AGENCY, AND MIKE DOSS TO SUPPLY DEPTH AT FREE SAFETY.
WITH OUR 13TH PICK WE NEED TO GET AN DEFENSIVE END, CAUSE RIGHT NOW THEY ARE 8 EXCELLENT PASS RUSHERS IN THE DRAFT THAT WE CAN'T AFFORD TO OVERLOOK. WE NEED SOMEBODY TO BE AN PLAYMAKER BESIDES PEPPERS ON THAT LINE!!! PROSPECTS: VERNON GHOLSTON, PHILLIP MERLING, DERRICK HARVEY, QUINTIN GROVES,LAWRENCE JACKSON, AND CALAIS CAMPBELL. 2ND ROUND WE NEED TO GET EITHER JEFF OTAH OR CHRIS WILLIAMS FOR THE OT AND THEN 3RD GET AN FREE SAFETY AND SON ON!!!
IF WE CAN LET'S TRY TO GET ANOTHER CB TO PROVIDE DEPTH LIKE TRAE WILLIAMS OUT OF SOUTH FLORIDA.
carson courage VB VA

Virginia Beach, VA

#12 Mar 8, 2008
I think the panthers should get an offensive lineman with the 13th pick or even trade down a few spots but still get an O-lineman. The rest of the rounds the panthers should build around defense get a safety, some LB and some DL with Moorehead and Jenkins leaving. A good defense will make the panthers more consistant. Delhomme should start but Moore is definetly the future
Tadeus

United States

#13 Mar 10, 2008
I think we might be able to trade up and get Darren Mcfaden, we might be this year's Brady Quinn because of his past trouble's with the law
Boxmanmanjoe

Middletown, MD

#14 May 2, 2008
Yo! I like bunnys on crack!
Boxmanmanjoe

Middletown, MD

#15 May 2, 2008
Go Home!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Gamble Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carolina Panthers Recent Cornerback Signings Co... (Mar '13) Mar '13 mark davis 1
2013 NFL Team Needs Mock Draft - Carolina Panthers (Dec '12) Dec '12 cory white 2
What to watch: Carolina Panthers vs. Seattle Se... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Sgt Lincoln 7
Carolina Panthers: 5 Biggest Takeaways from New... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Tebow 3 Sanchez 3 4
Teammate: Benched Panthers CB Gamble apologized (Dec '10) Dec '10 triple6vamp 1
Panthers to Play Ravens Minus 11 Starters (Aug '10) Aug '10 Rae Carruth 3
Belichick says he has a lot of respect for Moss (Dec '09) Dec '09 Gomer 3

Chris Gamble People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE