Bob Sansevere: Imagine Everson Griffen playing safety for the Vikings?

Jan 11, 2012 Full story: TwinCities

Whoever runs the defense next season, it's no secret he will need to upgrade the cornerback position.

Full Story

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#1 Jan 12, 2012
Everson Griffen at safety, and you want us to take you seriously Bob?
Kevin Williams could probably play corner too, right?
A linebacker and a corner, but I'm with you on moving Antoine to safety.

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#2 Jan 13, 2012
Griffen covers punts as one of the outside guys. So, he's real fast & real agile. He needs to start. I don't care what they call his position.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#3 Jan 14, 2012
Didn't they have him at gunner a few times on special teams?

Hey guys! Quick thoughts. I would love to see this kid from OK ST in a purple uniform.

He can line-up dam near anywhere in order to create a mismatch. Put him in motion and get him one v one safety and we got instant deep threat mismatch. I know the Vikes scored decently but a true deep threat like this guy would open up a lot for the TE's between the hashes', especially for Rudolph. Not to mention of course for AP......WHO WILL BE 100% COME next season. Yes sir!

Harvin was incredible this past season but he needs to be a slot guy and with the drafting of this kid he can resume that role and not have to worry about carrying that burden of being a deep threat as well.

D line should be OK for one more year age wise before that becomes a real issue but secondary does need addressed as well.........Gerhart, I thought, showed great stuff....especially when he had a head of steam behind Dimperio or a TE block, runs hard when he gets going!

Good match-ups this weekend...enjoy the playoffs even tho Vikes are not there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Cook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vikings Free Agent Rumors: 49ers Interested in ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Spielman 2
Chris Cook Among Least-Attractive Free Agent Co... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Magnum Man II 8
Minnesota Vikings 2013 DBs Grades: Xavier Rhode... (Jan '14) Jan '14 GBPmies 1
Simpson says he's sorry; status with Vikes unclear (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 4
Shaun Prater Claimed By Vikings, Jacob Lacey Wa... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Spielman 2
Craig: Frazier well-versed in handling adversity (Oct '13) Oct '13 Book of Teblow 3
Souhan: Vikings performance was pathetic (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
More from around the web