Without Winfield, Vikings counting on young CBs

Aug 14, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WKBT

Missing this year is stalwart veteran Antoine Winfield, who was let go and is now with Seattle.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

I hate saying this but it's true, Winfield didn't have steady play. The Vikings secondary has never been in the top 10 with Winfield in the backfield. I think Chris Cook, Josh Robinson and Xavier Rhodes & Jefferson will fill in just fine. The secondary sure can't be much worse then it has been.
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Did you hear that Desmond Bishop might not make the cut? Up to this point he has only been backing up Marvin Mitchell a backup. If he can't do any better then being a backup to a backup theres no need for him on the team. Erin Henderson is a sure lockin as the Vikings starting MLB. Chlidress :) oyes VIKINGS HO!
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Avant did you hear about Ponder in Tuesday practice---http://www.1500espn .com/sportswire/Training_camp_ Day_14_quick_hits_Turnovers_ar e_a_continued_emphasis081313
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Hate losing Winfield but Im not so sure he would have had much impact this year anyway.Hope he retires a Viking though when the time comes.Spielmans plan is to go young and stay young to compete each year.Its kinda sad for some players but you have to keep the best guy and always improve.well be better off in the long run.
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

The Vikes had a good practice also today. One-handed catch by Patterson & Ponder building a rapport with Jennings. Things are looking up VIKINGS HO!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••