Titans sign CB Jarrett Bush to offer ...

Titans sign CB Jarrett Bush to offer sheet

There are 36 comments on the KXMA-TV Dickinson story from Mar 13, 2009, titled Titans sign CB Jarrett Bush to offer sheet. In it, KXMA-TV Dickinson reports that:

Tennessee signed restricted free agent cornerback Jarrett Bush to an offer sheet Friday, giving the Green Bay Packers seven days to either match the contract or allow him to go to the Titans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXMA-TV Dickinson.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
eric

Marshfield, WI

#21 Mar 17, 2009
Ted just signed Mike Montgomery!
a 6 5 275 DE in the 3-4?,i like the kid,they say hes a hard worker,a great teamate,but unless he packs 25 lbs on his frame,you might as well play Aaron Kampman at DE
eric

Marshfield, WI

#22 Mar 17, 2009
ok we are somewhere around 27 m under the cap now!
jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#23 Mar 17, 2009
eric wrote:
Ted just signed Mike Montgomery!
a 6 5 275 DE in the 3-4?,i like the kid,they say hes a hard worker,a great teamate,but unless he packs 25 lbs on his frame,you might as well play Aaron Kampman at DE
capers must think montgomery can fit into his scheme, like capers said, he'll analyze his players and report to TT, this is a slow process and i hope they are making the patient, yet productive decisions, that is all we can hope.
wal0645

Yorktown, VA

#24 Mar 18, 2009
With Montgomery signed, I'm beginning to think that TT, MM, and Capers & Co. have evaluated their current players and believe they have some talent to work with in this conversion on defense. People forget that this was a pretty good defense in 2007 with many of the guys we have now. The new philosophy and better coaching along with another impact player from the draft, and we could have something. The coaching alone is way better than what we had. I firmly believe Anthony Smith will beat out Bigby making for an excellent set of safeties and Tramon will get a pay raise. Because TT has handled the financial side well, we should have no problem re-signing all these young players...Jennings, Collins, College, etc.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#25 Mar 18, 2009
either that or we need bodies to fill roster spots!
and lets face it, there isnt to many DE out there and available
wal0645

Yorktown, VA

#26 Mar 18, 2009
We already got one steady DE in Jenkins, who is still a developing player. I believe we either draft Raji or the DE from Texas, whomever is available. We have Pickett for NT, so maybe the guy from Texas is the player to get with the 9th if he's still around. At least with Ryan we have film and know what he can/cannot do; thus Capers can develop a scheme to make Ryan successful. With Raji there is that unknown and that being said, we need a DE just as bad as you allude. Even taking a DE in the first, it's a good strategy to develop Montgomery. Capers must see something there.
eric

Arpin, WI

#27 Mar 18, 2009
Jolly may go to jail
and Jenkins is coming off a torn chest muscle which is never a good thing,so there are questions.We need depth as much as anything.
Rick

Hyattsville, MD

#28 Mar 18, 2009
It drives me nuts year after year we don't sign a FA of some merit....

We have holes to fill and rookies cannot do it!!!!
jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#29 Mar 18, 2009
look at the teams making the most noise in free agency...chiefs,lions,redskins ,broncos,cowboys...for the most part these are desperate teams to win and yes we do need d linemen,but we are not as desperate as these teams are, we do have talent and just because we go 6-10 with a first time starter QB doesn't translate desperation,matt ryan and joe flacco are rare things that happen, not many teams do very well the year after a legend at QB leaves, so to think this is a 6-10 team is a little far fetched, and we have very good QB at the helm and that is thee most important position in the entire NFL.
jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#30 Mar 18, 2009
ask the vikings about there QB situation, they went out and signed a bunch of players last year and barely made the playoffs, we are moving forward with AR,the vikings are going backwards with all the spending they did last year, just think if they didn't spend all that money on jared allen, they could go out and afford jay cutler and that would be scary to all packer fans
normallylikeyell ow

State College, PA

#31 Mar 19, 2009
I think re-signing Montgomery is as much about keeping what limited experience we have on the team. We aren't going to draft a bunch of starters, unless some luck breaks. I support it. He has improved and has a lot of up side.
eric

Arpin, WI

#32 Mar 19, 2009
the one thing i do like about Montgomery is he can pack on another 20 lbs or so,which will put him in the 290 range which puts him in Kampman range,so again,why not start Kampman at D end.?
Rick

Hyattsville, MD

#33 Mar 19, 2009
We need a run stopper, plain and simple!!! That is what hurt last year was teams running all over the Pack!
eric

Arpin, WI

#34 Mar 19, 2009
To bad Ted didnt jump on Grady Jackson for a season while he could of.Detroit gave him 2 years,but, in sure GB would have had an upper hand for a year or so or maybe a option for a 2nd year,then we can draft a huge guy and give him a season or 2 to develop.
jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#35 Mar 19, 2009
Rick wrote:
We need a run stopper, plain and simple!!! That is what hurt last year was teams running all over the Pack!
yes, i agree, but i think our defensive scheme had a little bit to do with that also, but they are smart enuff to know that we do need some d-lineman, ryan pickett is a pretty good nt.
eric

Arpin, WI

#36 Mar 19, 2009
I really wish Justin Harrell could step it up and be the NT he looks like he could be!Obviously he hasnt proven a thing and if he were anything but a first round pick , he would be gone by now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Carr Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Regular-Season Expectations of Minnesota Viking... (Sep '12) Sep '12 The Plan 2
News In Minnesota Vikings Territory (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Minnesota Vikings Defense Hopeful with Secondar... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Minnesota Vikings Offseason Roll Call: Toby Ger... (May '12) May '12 Avant 2
News Minnesota Vikings' Most Disappointing Players o... (May '12) May '12 Laughing Bear Fan 5
News Minnesota Vikings: 5 Training Camp Battles We'r... (May '12) May '12 Avant 2
News Mel Kiper's Three Round Mock Gives Vikings a Le... (Apr '12) Apr '12 ezg357 1
More from around the web