Titans sign CB Jarrett Bush to offer ...

Titans sign CB Jarrett Bush to offer sheet

There are 36 comments on the KXMA-TV Dickinson story from Mar 13, 2009, titled Titans sign CB Jarrett Bush to offer sheet. In it, KXMA-TV Dickinson reports that:

Tennessee signed restricted free agent cornerback Jarrett Bush to an offer sheet Friday, giving the Green Bay Packers seven days to either match the contract or allow him to go to the Titans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXMA-TV Dickinson.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
normallylikeyell ow

United States

#1 Mar 13, 2009
Happy trails, Jarrett. Not much love here for you in this forum. You were a very good gunner, however, which I am sure Jeff Fisher will appreciate, as did I. I guess the Pat Lee era begins?
jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#2 Mar 13, 2009
that a good move by ted, wasn't it?
normallylikeyell ow

United States

#3 Mar 14, 2009
Time will tell, I'm sure. The Bush bashers are all over this forum--just like the TT bashers. I wasn't one of them (the former). He didn't replace Al Harris, but there's a line of guys that can say that. A decent gunner and backup DB. Jeff Fisher loves those kind of guys. And he's a pretty judge of players, I'd say. Ted did what he had to do. Tells me we're drafting another corner--or two. depending Tramon's sitch.

“Go Pack Go”

Since: Jun 07

Stevens Point, Wisconsin

#4 Mar 14, 2009
normallylikeyellow wrote:
Time will tell, I'm sure. The Bush bashers are all over this forum--just like the TT bashers. I wasn't one of them (the former). He didn't replace Al Harris, but there's a line of guys that can say that. A decent gunner and backup DB. Jeff Fisher loves those kind of guys. And he's a pretty judge of players, I'd say. Ted did what he had to do. Tells me we're drafting another corner--or two. depending Tramon's sitch.
Bush had too many blown coverages that resulted in scores, and I believe he had a penalty on special teams that put the Giants in scoring position to force overtime. To many skeletons for him in GB, he needs to go. IMO
eric

Marshfield, WI

#5 Mar 14, 2009
I guess PT Barnum was right!
lets win the double header here
emagine
if we actually got compensation for him leaving as well! ;_)
eric

Marshfield, WI

#6 Mar 15, 2009
eric

Marshfield, WI

#7 Mar 15, 2009
John Kuhn is a keeper.Bush got alot of good write here and ive read elsewhere the TT and MM like Bush;s upside,so
despite the Bush bashing here from everyone.
bush may still be back,who knows!

“Go Pack Go”

Stevens Point, Wisconsin

#8 Mar 15, 2009
eric wrote:
John Kuhn is a keeper.Bush got alot of good write here and ive read elsewhere the TT and MM like Bush;s upside,so
despite the Bush bashing here from everyone.
bush may still be back,who knows!
Come on Eric, I look at his down sides and I am bashing him? He has only started one game in three years, and where was he when Harris did go down? Riding the pine, while the younger and smaller Tramon filled in. Good utility player, not a starter. Tell me why we should keep him?
eric

Marshfield, WI

#9 Mar 15, 2009
Proball,im not quite sure where you are going here,so ill try to sum it up what i wrote.

If you read the article i brought in,they seem to like Bush and ive read where Ted and Mike both like Bush,so they may match the offer and let bush stay.

i didn't specifically say you bashed him.i mention Bush got bashed on this page,and I am the biggest culprit!No one here seems to like Bush and with good reason,that's why i brought up the Barnum comment,he said theres a fool born every minute and Tenn signed him,so they are fools,in fact if Ted matches,i will be abit pissed.

hope that helps :)
eric

Marshfield, WI

#10 Mar 15, 2009
I went back and now see the problem here,the Barnum comment was meant toward Tenn,signing Bush,not Proball criticizing Bush,so to Proball i sincerely apologize for this unfortunate misunderstanding and i can see where you would misinterpret it

“Go Pack Go”

Stevens Point, Wisconsin

#11 Mar 15, 2009
No appology needed Eric, I enjoy your comments.
normallylikeyell ow

United States

#12 Mar 15, 2009
So... Mike Reinfelt and Jeff Fisher are "suckers?" O....kay.... If you say so. Pretty good GM and Coach IMO. Bush is only 24. The guy "sucks" but we offered him $1.01 million for some reason. Tramon (25) gave up more plays of 20+ yards (10+) plus 4 TDs, and he looks a Ryan Grant situation all over again. He's been a contributor at times, too. I think WRs figured that he was jumping routes. I'd rather have a run support guy in the 3-4. Pat Lee? If by some miracle would could draft Vontae Davis--he'd be terrific.
john

United States

#13 Mar 15, 2009
I would agree on letting him go. We could always draft a back-up cornerback/special teams player in the draft. Ever heard of a player named "Smokin" Joe Burnett from University of Central Florida? I think he'd be a great pick-up and help out more than Bush has.
normallylikeyell ow

United States

#14 Mar 16, 2009
They didn't let him go. They offered him $1 million. Would I match Tennessee's offer? Probably not. That wasn't my point. We are going to have to either pay Williams or pony up some serious bonus money for draft pick #9. Jennings would be nice to sign. Tauscher's not out of the question. Then Bigby and Collins. There's some expensive on the horizon. I surprised Al Harris is still here, but they may move him later. My original thoughts were: happy trails (above), and Reinfelt and Fisher aren't suckers. Smokin Joe has a a rep for undercutting on tackles--i.e. doesn't wrap up--and many question his run support ability. He also plays off fast receivers, though he ran better than expected at the Combine. Some also question his ability with physical against WRs like a Calvin Johnson. So we'll see. We've drafted several backup corners the last 5 years...
wal0645

Yorktown, VA

#15 Mar 16, 2009
I was a little surprised we signed Bush, but I guess management looked at the whole package and saw that Bush is a valuable guy to have around. The fact that the Titans were hot for him and willing to pay should explain the apparent value that Bush has. I wonder how this will impact Williams in his desire for more dough? I believe I read where he is making bare minimum?
eric

Marshfield, WI

#16 Mar 16, 2009
NYL,dont forget Chad Clifton,who im sure Ted wont resign and there is 5 or 6 mil or so freed up.Esp. if Colledge ( who is also a FA after 09 along with Jason Spitz) plays well at LT.
Dewy

United States

#17 Mar 17, 2009
Packers matched the offer. 1 mill. signing bonus. 1.1 mill first year, 1.4 mill. sec. year and playing time incentives the last two years.
john

United States

#18 Mar 17, 2009
I just don't understand why Ted is willing to put out money for Bush when he's having a hard time goin out there for Williams, who actually made an impact last year, not just as a gunner.
wal0645

Yorktown, VA

#19 Mar 17, 2009
This money we are paying Bush is not a "big money deal", so folks should ease up a bit. Bush does make a valuable contribution on special teams and might turn out to be a decent corner. He has had better success on special teams, but he has made a contribution which I think is consumate with this salary. Folks just won't give TT a break; here he goes and signs a player who adds value to a moderate contract and people are up in arms. I strongly believe that something will get worked out with Tramon as that is TT's bio; to re-resign players who produce.
normallylikeyell ow

Altoona, PA

#20 Mar 17, 2009
I swear I am not also wal0645, lol! It's an interesting question: did TT do the right thing here? Tramon's future lies more with Capers, in my view. Does he want him or not? It will say a lot about Pat Lee--what they think of him. eric, you're right. I forgot about Clifton. Like you said, we've got 29 million (or 27 I guess).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Carr Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Regular-Season Expectations of Minnesota Viking... (Sep '12) Sep '12 The Plan 2
News In Minnesota Vikings Territory (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Minnesota Vikings Defense Hopeful with Secondar... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Minnesota Vikings Offseason Roll Call: Toby Ger... (May '12) May '12 Avant 2
News Minnesota Vikings' Most Disappointing Players o... (May '12) May '12 Laughing Bear Fan 5
News Minnesota Vikings: 5 Training Camp Battles We'r... (May '12) May '12 Avant 2
News Mel Kiper's Three Round Mock Gives Vikings a Le... (Apr '12) Apr '12 ezg357 1
More from around the web