Titans sign restricted free agent Carr to offer sheet

Mar 28, 2008 | Posted by: The Associated Press | Full story: The Associated Press

The Tennessee Titans have signed Oakland Raiders restricted free agent cornerback/kick returner Chris Carr to an offer sheet.

Once the Raiders receive the sheet they have seven days to match the contract.

If Oakland choses not to match, Carr will join the Titans' roster without Tennessee having to give up a draft pick. That's because Carr joined the Raiders as an undrafted free agent coming out of Boise State in 2005.

In three NFL seasons Carr has played in 48 games with four starts. Read more

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Apr 5, 2008
Andrew

Neptune, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2008

I really have to say I dont know what we should do with Carr! Its up in the air if we should match the offer or not! I say let him go so we have more money to pay our draft picks with so we dont have another hold-out like last year!
Freddy

Granger, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2008

Andrew wrote:
I really have to say I dont know what we should do with Carr! Its up in the air if we should match the offer or not! I say let him go so we have more money to pay our draft picks with so we dont have another hold-out like last year!
I think it depends on the deal he signed with the Titans. I expect the Raiders will or should resign Carr if they believe the contract amount is resonable. Carr has value on special teams and in the defensive backfield. To me, he seemed like one of the better tacklers in the secondary.
Andrew

Neptune, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2008

We dont need him in the secondary anymore! We already have DeAngelo Hall, Nnamdi Asomugha, Fabian Washington, and Stanford Routt, who are all better than carr is, so we dont really need him!
TexasRaider

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2008

I think Carr played better than Washington for sure. Washington has not lived up to expectations for sure. He was supposed to be a big time play making corner with good breakaway speed and I haven't seen anything like that out of him yet.
Freddy

Granger, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2008

Andrew wrote:
We dont need him in the secondary anymore! We already have DeAngelo Hall, Nnamdi Asomugha, Fabian Washington, and Stanford Routt, who are all better than carr is, so we dont really need him!
Sure. We don't really need him now. But if one of the guys you mentioned is traded,$1 million dollars is not a bad deal for an experienced guy who can tackle. Also, it's good to have an experienced returner on the team even if he is not the first choice. How many times were Woodson or Brown pressed into duty on returns because of injuries. Seems like another team-benefit for a (reasonable)$1 million.
TexasRaider

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2008

Freddy wrote:
<quoted text>Sure. We don't really need him now. But if one of the guys you mentioned is traded,$1 million dollars is not a bad deal for an experienced guy who can tackle. Also, it's good to have an experienced returner on the team even if he is not the first choice. How many times were Woodson or Brown pressed into duty on returns because of injuries. Seems like another team-benefit for a (reasonable)$1 million.
That is a good point. I'd much rather keep Carr than Washington or Routt. Woodson is actually the full time punt returner for Green Bay now.
Freddy

Granger, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

Raiders did not match offer and Carr is with the Titans.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chris Carr Discussions

Search the Chris Carr Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Regular-Season Expectations of Minnesota Viking... (Sep '12) Sep '12 The Plan 2
In Minnesota Vikings Territory (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Minnesota Vikings Defense Hopeful with Secondar... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Minnesota Vikings Offseason Roll Call: Toby Ger... (May '12) May '12 Avant 2
Minnesota Vikings' Most Disappointing Players o... (May '12) May '12 Laughing Bear Fan 5
Minnesota Vikings: 5 Training Camp Battles We'r... (May '12) May '12 Avant 2
Mel Kiper's Three Round Mock Gives Vikings a Le... (Apr '12) Apr '12 ezg357 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••