Tebow's the toast of the nation

Tebow's the toast of the nation

There are 57 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 10, 2007, titled Tebow's the toast of the nation. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

As Saturday turned to Sunday, Florida Coach Urban Meyer stood in a room at the Marriott Marquis and saluted his starting quarterback.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bwahahah

Okeechobee, FL

#1 Dec 10, 2007
Tim Tebow. Heisman Trophy winner. 9-3 - Citrus Bown. Titles linked forever.
Tebowisdaman

Daytona Beach, FL

#2 Dec 10, 2007
Tebow is God
Florida LEO

White House, TN

#3 Dec 10, 2007
Bwahahah wrote:
The Heisman Trophy is for outstanding INDIVIDUAL accomplishments, with a team with a winning record, that at one point in its season, were contenders for the National Championship. Clearly, Tim Tebow and the Gators fit that criteria and NO ONE came close to accomplishing what Tebow accomplished! He was, without question, the most deserving candidate. Bwahahah; Loser; Whiner; Couch Potatoe; Names forever linked.
OTown Gator

Coppell, TX

#4 Dec 10, 2007
Bwahahah wrote:
Is your life so pathetic you have to belittle the achievements of others?
London

Frisco, TX

#5 Dec 10, 2007
Unfortunately, classless individuals will always attack those who are superior morally. Just ignore "Bwahahah" and enjoy the moment.
Ryan Welch

Melbourne, FL

#6 Dec 10, 2007
OTown Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your life so pathetic you have to belittle the achievements of others?
I'll answer that question for you. Yes, his life sucks that bad.
RORSCHACH

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Dec 10, 2007
yes lets toast Tim Tebow may he have the same hall of fame nfl career as the other gator qb to win the heisman

LOL
Bwahahah

Casselberry, FL

#9 Dec 10, 2007
Ryan Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll answer that question for you. Yes, his life sucks that bad.
Ryan, next time Mom lets you out of the basement ask her about how to write funny stuff - ok?
Tom of Altamonte Springs

Lincoln, NE

#10 Dec 10, 2007
Thanks for all the coverage on Tebow.
His Christian fans--and there are hosts of them--thank you for providing the details of his experience in NYC.
Thanks also for the details about him that I did not know earlier, the anecdotes about how he considered Alabama, how Meyer was willing to let him go, but how an assistant coach was emphatic about why Florida couldn't lose him, and on and on and on...all the stuff that goes into Tebows folk lore. Keep it coming... His Heismann is a great fill-in for missing the national championship this year. Just about as good, wouldn't you say? I wonder if Gator Nation will love him just as much next season if his stats of a lifetime in 2007 fall off a bit in 2008? We'll see...
MAGIC FAN

Arlington Heights, IL

#12 Dec 10, 2007
DickNSnyder wrote:
The Heisman curse. Florida will now lose to Michigan.
are you kidding? proves u know absolutely nothing about football...did you watch what our spread offense did to the big 10 school last year in the NC game?...and that was a down graded version with the offense doing some adjustments to chris leak...tebow and harvin will be running through that michigan D all day long
MAGIC FAN

Arlington Heights, IL

#13 Dec 10, 2007
Tom of Altamonte Springs wrote:
Thanks for all the coverage on Tebow.
His Christian fans--and there are hosts of them--thank you for providing the details of his experience in NYC.
Thanks also for the details about him that I did not know earlier, the anecdotes about how he considered Alabama, how Meyer was willing to let him go, but how an assistant coach was emphatic about why Florida couldn't lose him, and on and on and on...all the stuff that goes into Tebows folk lore. Keep it coming... His Heismann is a great fill-in for missing the national championship this year. Just about as good, wouldn't you say? I wonder if Gator Nation will love him just as much next season if his stats of a lifetime in 2007 fall off a bit in 2008? We'll see...
hope so...his rushing will go down considerably(hopefully anyway) with the RB transfer form USC
Seminole Nation

Pompano Beach, FL

#14 Dec 10, 2007
Even as a die hard Nole fan, I must say Congratulations to the Gator Nation and Tim Tebow. This is a time to join as the Florida Nation and acknowledge a wonderful achievement of this great young man and team. His speech was very classy. All Gators and Noles, and all schools, should be proud. Well Done!
Ridiculous

Ocala, FL

#15 Dec 10, 2007
Clearly you know jack about football...it's the Capital One Bowl. The name of the STADIUM is the Citrus Bowl...
www.fcsports.com

Your jealousy is showing, and it's ugly.
Bwahahah wrote:
RORSCHACH

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#16 Dec 10, 2007
Florida LEO wrote:
<quoted text>
The Heisman Trophy is for outstanding INDIVIDUAL accomplishments, with a team with a winning record, that at one point in its season, were contenders for the National Championship. Clearly, Tim Tebow and the Gators fit that criteria and NO ONE came close to accomplishing what Tebow accomplished! He was, without question, the most deserving candidate. Bwahahah; Loser; Whiner; Couch Potatoe; Names forever linked.
ITS COUCH POTATO YOU UNEDUCATED PIG

HOPE YOU DO NOT GET SHOT ON YOUR NEXT STOP FOR A BROKEN HEADLIGHT

HEHEHEHE.......
Ryan Welch

Melbourne, FL

#17 Dec 10, 2007
Bwahahah wrote:
<quoted text>
Ryan, next time Mom lets you out of the basement ask her about how to write funny stuff - ok?
Your mom rarely let's me out of the basement. It reminds me of a scene out of "Pulp Fiction". She's a freaky old lady and looks hot clad in leather with a gag ball in her pie-hole. The apple probably doesn't fall far from the tree, eh? Bring in the gimp, Bwahahah.
Meg

Washington, DC

#18 Dec 10, 2007
Seminole Nation wrote:
Even as a die hard Nole fan, I must say Congratulations to the Gator Nation and Tim Tebow. This is a time to join as the Florida Nation and acknowledge a wonderful achievement of this great young man and team. His speech was very classy. All Gators and Noles, and all schools, should be proud. Well Done!
Absolutely. The very best in both the personal and professional aspects of this young man's life. Don't get blinded by the BS and the hangers-on. Stay true to yourself.
Mo Lubee

Orlando, FL

#19 Dec 10, 2007
RORSCHACH wrote:
yes lets toast Tim Tebow may he have the same hall of fame nfl career as the other gator qb to win the heisman
LOL
Obviously you feel there are no alternative paths to success other than an NFL career.

I'll explain this just once; the Heisman award takes into account such things as academic performance, character, as well as football accomplishments. It is given to the best college football player each year.

So now you want to judge a winner's success in life by their professional football attainment after winning a Heisman. I fail to see any valid relationship there.

I would respectfully suggest to you that any winner of a Heisman is of neccesity a well-rounded well-educated young man not neccesarily in need of either the money nor attention to be garnered in pro football.

The average Heisman winner doesn't major in basket-weaving, and so enjoys the option of following many successful paths through life.

Some have chosen football, some have found enormous success in other directions. Try to understand that life encompasses more than football.
Florida LEO

White House, TN

#20 Dec 10, 2007
RORSCHACH wrote:
<quoted text>
ITS COUCH POTATO YOU UNEDUCATED PIG
HOPE YOU DO NOT GET SHOT ON YOUR NEXT STOP FOR A BROKEN HEADLIGHT
HEHEHEHE.......
Can't help myself using an occasional Dan Quayle-ism. Speaking of uneducated, let's examine your bit of editorial wizardry. "ITS [No apostrophe as in "IT'S" for "It is] COUCH POTATO [no comma] YOU UNEDUCATED PIG [No period to show the sentence ending].
HOPE YOU DO NOT GET SHOT ON YOUR NEXT STOP FOR A BROKEN HEADLIGHT[Again, no period].
HEHEHEHE.....[Now that demonstrates a very high intellect].

I'm sure if you looked, you could find a local adult education class. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. By the way, do you even know what "Rorschach" refers to?
Bwahahah

Casselberry, FL

#21 Dec 10, 2007
Ryan Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mom rarely let's me out of the basement. It reminds me of a scene out of "Pulp Fiction". She's a freaky old lady and looks hot clad in leather with a gag ball in her pie-hole. The apple probably doesn't fall far from the tree, eh? Bring in the gimp, Bwahahah.
Nice try Ryan, but you missed the mark again. Try again - If you actually are funny I might throw you and your window licking friends a pizza party.
Bwahahah

Casselberry, FL

#22 Dec 10, 2007
Ridiculous wrote:
Clearly you know jack about football...it's the Capital One Bowl. The name of the STADIUM is the Citrus Bowl...
www.fcsports.com
Your jealousy is showing, and it's ugly.
<quoted text>
Truth hurts hunh Ridiculous... How could I be jealous of a 9-3 record?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chase Daniel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiefs Show Promise, Weakness In Preseason Opener (Aug '14) Aug '14 The Fat Indian 3
News Vikings vs. Chiefs preseason: Game time, TV sch... (Aug '14) Aug '14 adriana 1
News Floods prompt disaster declaration in central K... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wichita-rick 8
News NFL Rumors: New Orleans Saints To Let Go Of A Q... (Feb '13) Apr '13 Shreveport 2
News Other than Jermon Bushrod, which New Orleans Sa... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Wayne Morris 2
News Saints players say charter bus egged in Atlanta (Nov '12) Nov '12 Dirtybirds 5
News Pay it Forward: Liberty High grad Costello cont... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Grateful mom 1
More from around the web