McFadden, Tebow Among Heisman Finalists

McFadden, Tebow Among Heisman Finalists

There are 7 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Dec 5, 2007, titled McFadden, Tebow Among Heisman Finalists. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Three quarterbacks and a running back are the four finalists for this year's Heisman Trophy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

Clemson Fan

Raleigh, NC

#1 Dec 7, 2007
Two players from the same conference up for the Heisman...must have been a lot of lousy opponents in that conference to walk all over! How many yards did Tebow and McFadden have against USC? Oh wait...here it is right here in the article: "On November 10, Tebow stormed into Williams-Brice Stadium and accounted for seven touchdowns in the Gators' 51-31 win over USC. The sophomore scored five TD's on the ground, and two through the air."
" McFadden was having a lackluster season until the final month, when he tied the SEC record with 321 yards rushing against the Gamecocks.
I thought that was such a "strong conference"! Guess not! Or maybe it's just the fact that they both gained so many yards agains USC!!! ROFLMAO!!!

Since: Nov 07

Swansea, SC

#2 Dec 7, 2007
Clemson Fan wrote:
Two players from the same conference up for the Heisman...must have been a lot of lousy opponents in that conference to walk all over! How many yards did Tebow and McFadden have against USC? Oh wait...here it is right here in the article: "On November 10, Tebow stormed into Williams-Brice Stadium and accounted for seven touchdowns in the Gators' 51-31 win over USC. The sophomore scored five TD's on the ground, and two through the air."
" McFadden was having a lackluster season until the final month, when he tied the SEC record with 321 yards rushing against the Gamecocks.
I thought that was such a "strong conference"! Guess not! Or maybe it's just the fact that they both gained so many yards agains USC!!! ROFLMAO!!!
Obviously you don't follow football, or you would know that Tebow has broken a college football record that will be very hard to be eclipsed. He has scored 51 touchdowns in one season. No one else came close. That alone qualifies him to be voted on as one of the nations best college athletes. McFadden brings a runner up selection from last year. Anything short of record breaking would be considered mediocre. What/who does the ACC have to put up, James Davis? CJ Spiller? Wake up. You are playing in a mediocre conference and haven't won a title since '81. Let's see how good you are when Auburn comes to see you...
Clemson Fan

Raleigh, NC

#3 Dec 7, 2007
RJT2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you don't follow football, or you would know that Tebow has broken a college football record that will be very hard to be eclipsed. He has scored 51 touchdowns in one season. No one else came close. That alone qualifies him to be voted on as one of the nations best college athletes. McFadden brings a runner up selection from last year. Anything short of record breaking would be considered mediocre. What/who does the ACC have to put up, James Davis? CJ Spiller? Wake up. You are playing in a mediocre conference and haven't won a title since '81. Let's see how good you are when Auburn comes to see you...
And you have a title??? I'm not boasting anything about the ACC just yet...I'm just so tired of hearing about how "strong" the sec is...but see no hard evidence! The stats you provide are again...against other sec teams. I do follow college football...and I did go to the Florida vs USC game (free tickets) to see Tebow. However, what I ended up seeing was the same lame USC defense that I saw the whole year long! 7 of Tebow's touchdown's were against USC
and McFadden was also...in the SEC last year...I'm pretty sure he rushed against those same lack luster teams last year.
Colt Brennan also broke a record IN THE WAC conference (now there's a strong conference...right??? And he is also up for the Heisman!!!
One Love

Columbia, SC

#4 Dec 7, 2007
Clemson Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have a title??? I'm not boasting anything about the ACC just yet...I'm just so tired of hearing about how "strong" the sec is...but see no hard evidence! The stats you provide are again...against other sec teams. I do follow college football...and I did go to the Florida vs USC game (free tickets) to see Tebow. However, what I ended up seeing was the same lame USC defense that I saw the whole year long! 7 of Tebow's touchdown's were against USC
and McFadden was also...in the SEC last year...I'm pretty sure he rushed against those same lack luster teams last year.
Colt Brennan also broke a record IN THE WAC conference (now there's a strong conference...right??? And he is also up for the Heisman!!!
Thats the same reason why your Coach wouldn't make it in the SEC..Cause he wouldn't be able to win. He hardly can get a win in the ACC. So he was smart for staying..SEC is the best conference. Take it for what it is ACC is Basketball and SEC is Football opps wait a minute the SEC has won both titles in the last two years..my bad..
Clemson Fan

Raleigh, NC

#5 Dec 7, 2007
One Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats the same reason why your Coach wouldn't make it in the SEC..Cause he wouldn't be able to win. He hardly can get a win in the ACC. So he was smart for staying..SEC is the best conference. Take it for what it is ACC is Basketball and SEC is Football opps wait a minute the SEC has won both titles in the last two years..my bad..
I believe we are playing an SEC team in a bowl...and we are adding Alabama to our first game next year...and Georgia (again) in upcoming years.
I'm not stating that the ACC is the superior conference...I'm merely stating that the SEC is WAAAAAYYYYY overrated!!!
One Love

Columbia, SC

#6 Dec 7, 2007
Clemson Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe we are playing an SEC team in a bowl...and we are adding Alabama to our first game next year...and Georgia (again) in upcoming years.
I'm not stating that the ACC is the superior conference...I'm merely stating that the SEC is WAAAAAYYYYY overrated!!!
I can say the same about Southern Cal, and Ohio State. come on at least every week at least 5 to 6 sec teams were represented in the top 25, two are playing BCS bowl games
War Eagle

Little Rock, AR

#7 Dec 14, 2007
Clemson Fan - you will soon see what it is like to play a tough defense. Your kitty cats play the #1 scoring defense in the SEC soon enough. Bring it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chase Daniel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiefs Show Promise, Weakness In Preseason Opener (Aug '14) Aug '14 The Fat Indian 3
News Vikings vs. Chiefs preseason: Game time, TV sch... (Aug '14) Aug '14 adriana 1
News Floods prompt disaster declaration in central K... (Aug '13) Aug '13 wichita-rick 8
News NFL Rumors: New Orleans Saints To Let Go Of A Q... (Feb '13) Apr '13 Shreveport 2
News Other than Jermon Bushrod, which New Orleans Sa... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Wayne Morris 2
News Saints players say charter bus egged in Atlanta (Nov '12) Nov '12 Dirtybirds 5
News Pay it Forward: Liberty High grad Costello cont... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Grateful mom 1
More from around the web