Hixon steps into Burress' starting role

Hixon steps into Burress' starting role

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 30, 2008, titled Hixon steps into Burress' starting role. In it, Newsday reports that:

Charlie Frye may not have much relevance in the NFL today as the backup quarterback for the Seahawks, but the Giants can thank him for one of their starting wide receivers this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

joe

East Quogue, NY

#1 Nov 30, 2008
Giants ought to try and get Sinorice Moss into the mix more while they have the chance. I'd hate to see him go to another team and turn into his brother.
edgardo

Lakewood, NJ

#2 Nov 30, 2008
i tell you this kid is a star in the making.. this is a lesson mr. sidabob..(plaxico).. hard work always beats talent if talent doesnt work hard..

“You are by what you do!”

Since: Apr 07

Kent, WA

#3 Nov 30, 2008
Hixon hasn't been given enough credit for his talent on the field...Thus far he's proven his worth to the New York Giants and therefore has become invaluable key player in P Buress absence. Hixon as a passion for winning that words alone can't describe. He's as tough as Plax in crucial play situations. His stock has gone up 100 points and he's Eli's no#1 go to guy. I also believe that A Toomer deserves great credit for not making a big deal of his number of touches. This New York Giant team is truly a team!
PJM

United States

#4 Nov 30, 2008
Hixon had another good game, not as great as last week. I'd say A- for not looking back quick enough on the INT play. Hopefully he will be around for a long time since Burress is going to be out for awhile maybe permanent. He should add some muscle and then he'd be perfect. What a great team player on offense and special teams. Who knew he could play DB also. Kind of like Hester. It's actually great that we don't need help in the secondary. 11-1 for the frist time ever. SWEET ;^)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chase Blackburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Giant Chase Blackburn could have big rol... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Derrick Eddings 1
News New York Giants: Alec Ogletree Would be Immedia... (Apr '13) Apr '13 mike 1
News Giants signings and rumors: Free agency Day One (Mar '13) Mar '13 Nick A Ragua 2
News Chase Blackburn rumors: Report -- Giants want h... (Feb '13) Feb '13 ignacio avila 1
News Could (should?) the Giants look at Te'o? (Jan '13) Jan '13 John 1
News NY Giants Pay Tribute to Newtown (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Giants' defensive line has a fun night with fiv... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Billy Ringo 1
More from around the web