Tarvaris Jackson on possibly joining ...

Tarvaris Jackson on possibly joining the Hawks: - A good opportunity'

There are 24 comments on the The News Tribune story from Jul 22, 2011, titled Tarvaris Jackson on possibly joining the Hawks: - A good opportunity'. In it, The News Tribune reports that:

With ESPN's John Clayton reporting on Thursday that the Seattle Seahawks could be interesting in securing the services of Minnesota Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson once free agency begins, Tom Pelissero of ESPN 1500 AM in the Twin Cities caught up with the Alabama State product after his regular workout in Minnesota.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The News Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#1 Jul 22, 2011
From all Minnesota Vikings fans good luck Tarvaris Jackson.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#2 Jul 22, 2011
Man its almost August 1st. This topic should have been delivered on April 1st. April Fools....T-Joke is leaving!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!
ezg357

Madera, CA

#3 Jul 22, 2011
What liked about Jackson was the fact he never did any trash talking about the Vikings He may not have been the perfect fit but he was a class act as far as that goes. Good Luck Tarvaris. Go Vikings
Magnum Man

Fishers, IN

#4 Jul 22, 2011
I can't believe they think this guy is "starter" material. To bad we could have traded him and got something out of him.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#5 Jul 22, 2011
Magnum Man wrote:
I can't believe they think this guy is "starter" material. To bad we could have traded him and got something out of him.
Notice the Seahawks didnt take third round tender the Vikes had on Jackson I think Matt Hasseback is still going to play & will be the starter T.J. will be there Backup if anything. Myself I think if Jackson wants to start he would have a better chance with Washington. Go Vikings

Since: Jan 11

Anoka, MN

#6 Jul 23, 2011
Avant wrote:
From all Minnesota Vikings fans good luck Tarvaris Jackson.
from all the real minnesota viking fans.....GOOD RIDDANCE T-JOKE...you will always sux at reading defenses and never amount to anything
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

#7 Jul 23, 2011
ezg357 wrote:
What liked about Jackson was the fact he never did any trash talking about the Vikings He may not have been the perfect fit but he was a class act as far as that goes. Good Luck Tarvaris. Go Vikings
Yep. He did make mistakes early on that caused fans to dispute his skills, then later, when he had the chance to show what he learned, he got hurt. I still think he can play, at least he deserves the chance. I wish him the best.

Location hidden

#8 Jul 23, 2011
Dan_20 wrote:
<quoted text>
from all the real minnesota viking fans.....GOOD RIDDANCE T-JOKE...you will always sux at reading defenses and never amount to anything
Don't know if Jackson will ever realize his all star talent but he can start in Seattle, San Francisco, Washington and Miami.

United States

#9 Jul 23, 2011
The whole world minus 1 idiot knows Jackass is
NO QB.
Damn I wish we could play him twice a year
but
he'll never start anywhere.
CANADA
didn't even call.
ARENA
said
BAWAHAHAHA
just like this thread started by a
DOPE.

Location hidden

#10 Jul 23, 2011
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know if Jackson will ever realize his all star talent but he can start in Seattle, San Francisco, Washington and Miami.
One more team. Jackson could also start in Denver.

United States

#11 Jul 23, 2011
BAWAHAHAHA
Tebow's going to light it up in Denver.
Wish we had him with Ponder
Thunder and Lightening.
SUPERRRRRRRRRRRR GURU says so.

Since: Jan 11

Anoka, MN

#12 Jul 23, 2011
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>One more team. Jackson could also start in Denver.
no team in their right mind will ever make t-joke their #1 QB
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

#13 Jul 24, 2011
Dan_20 wrote:
<quoted text>
no team in their right mind will ever make t-joke their #1 QB
#1? Probably not. I'd say he could be a serviceable back-up but then, when I look back at how he backed up Farve by not even watching the game, I have second thoughts. A different location might bring a different attitude.

United States

#14 Jul 24, 2011
Jackson will be a journeymen.Say 5 more teams over the next 5 months.
Follwed by working at the car wash.

Location hidden

#15 Jul 24, 2011
Is Jackson in, Hasselbeck out for Seahawks?

Posted by Ryan Wilson

There may still be NFL labor uncertainty, but one thing is not in doubt: once the lockout ends, free agency will be a frenzied process as the league furiously preps for the 2011 season.

And from the sound of it, longtime Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck won't be back in Seattle. ESPN's John Clayton doesn't think the Seahawks are interested in paying a starter's salary to a 35-year-old oft-injured QB whose future might be as a backup and mentor.

"I don't know if they'll pay $5 million (per year), I don't know if they'll pay $6 million," Clayton said, according to ESPN 710, "but if there's no offer from Seattle, you take the best offer and it very well could be in Nashville."

As in: the Titans, a destination we wrote about last month. And while we'd expect there will be a market for Hasselbeck, especially to help bring along a young franchise quarterback like, say, Jake Locker, it's something of a surprise to hear that the Seahawks could be keen on Tarvaris Jackson, the former Vikings second-round pick who will be a free agent once the lockout ends.

Clayton says he's "getting the feeling" that Seattle could have serious interest in Jackson. ESPN analyst and former NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer also suggested that Jackson could land in Seattle, telling ESPN 710 that, "(Seahawks new offensive coordinator Darrell) Bevell always had an affinity for Tarvaris Jackson. And believe it or not, I think that might be the play here for the Seattle Seahawks -- I think it might be trying to get Tarvaris Jackson from Minnesota. They've always liked him, they liked his starter potential.(Bevell) tried to make it happen for him in Minnesota and that might be the direction they're trying to go."

Dilfer add that "I don't like that plan, but if that's their plan and that's what they're trying to do, then more power to them."

In an interview with the Seattle Times, Jackson admits that he worked well with Bevell in the past.

"We had a pretty good relationship, me and Bev did," Jackson said. "... It seems like a pretty good opportunity. I know the offense. That's a plus. Coach Bevell, he's very familiar with me and I'm very familiar with him. So that's always a plus."

We've written previously that the Seahawks, rumored to have offered a first- and third-round pick for Kevin Kolb earlier this offseason, shouldn't break the bank for an unproven commodity given all their other roster needs. Jackson, like Kolb, is still unproven, but he wouldn't cost nearly as much. And unlike Matt Leinart, who has ties to Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll that go back to USC, Jackson doesn't come with baggage.

Worst case: instead of reaching or overspending for a stopgap QB, Seattle just goes with what they have -- Charlie Whitehurst -- and reevaluate things after the season.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/2247...
Coach Brad Childress

Brooksville, FL

#16 Jul 24, 2011
I never saw a player that could handle a clipboard as well as Tarvaris could.
Sage Rosenpharts was not as good.

Location hidden

#17 Jul 24, 2011
It is either Whitehurst or Darrell Bevell(BEV) protege Tarvaris Jackson

Kanfan, seems like one team whants Jacson to start.
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

#18 Jul 24, 2011
Avant wrote:
It is either Whitehurst or Darrell Bevell(BEV) protege Tarvaris Jackson
Kanfan, seems like one team whants Jacson to start.
Never know...I'm not a Whitehurst fan. TJ deserves a chance. However, if BEV couldn't couldn't get production from TJ in MN, I doubt if he will in Seattle. BEV may be part of the problem, not the solution.
Magnum Man

Fishers, IN

#19 Jul 24, 2011
Kanfan wrote:
<quoted text>Never know...I'm not a Whitehurst fan. TJ deserves a chance. However, if BEV couldn't couldn't get production from TJ in MN, I doubt if he will in Seattle. BEV may be part of the problem, not the solution.
I wonder if Bret Favre is thinking about Seattle? LOL

Location hidden

#20 Jul 24, 2011
Kanfan wrote:
<quoted text>Never know...I'm not a Whitehurst fan. TJ deserves a chance. However, if BEV couldn't couldn't get production from TJ in MN, I doubt if he will in Seattle. BEV may be part of the problem, not the solution.
Your right. Hate to say it but I don't see any quarterback's statistics getting better without Peterson but he has talent and he is better then Whitehurst.

Peterson is why Favre wanted to play in minnesota and why Ponder wants to start.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlie Whitehurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL: Marcus Mariota adapting to huddle, complex... (May '15) May '15 Staying at the Ma... 4
News San Diego Chargers Unprepared for Injury to Phi... (Apr '13) Apr '13 charger freak 1
News San Diego Chargers vs. Minnesota Vikings: Prese... (Aug '12) Aug '12 GBPfan 6
News Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates Will Not Play A... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Charlie Whitehurst returns to Chargers (Mar '12) Mar '12 neil 2
News Seattle Seahawks by the Numbers: Marshawn Lynch... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Candyfarts 4
News Coffee and Cigarettes: Seahawks Links for Friday (Nov '11) Nov '11 Coach Pete Carroll 2
More from around the web