Packer Cornerbacks Missed A Lot Of Tackles Last Seaon

Feb 15, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Acme Packing Company

ProFootballFocus.com . It's not too surprising to find out that part of the reason why the Green Bay Packers led the NFL in yards allowed is that they missed a lot of tackles.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
PackerBacker-Wic hitaKs

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

These are definetly a high number of missed tackles. Watching the Packers this past season I often thought the defensive backs looked like they were a step slow. The lack of a pass rush didn't help matters and I am not singling out any players. Tackling in the NFL, and college for that matter, is not very good. It seems like creating turnovers may be over-emphasised. Hopefully, through OTA's and mini-camps these problems will be addressed. Coach McCarthy and his staff will help get it figured out. TT, if he's the GM we think he is, will improve this team through the draft and maybe even some reasonable FA signings.
eric

Pittsville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Having Nick Collins and missing Morgan Burnett and winning a SB,then missing Collins and having Burnett this year,well,,,,,,,
Burnett plays the ball decently well,but, he does miss alot of tackles,so maybe moving Woodson to SS would help if Collins is able to play FS again OR sign and or draft a SS.Burnett IMO would be a nice piece of the puzzle for depth but prob. not a starter,again thats my opinion and maybe he can add some strength and concentrate a bit more on the tackling aspect.
I do agree with you that causing T.O. may be over-emphasised.A Turn Over is great,but, more often then not your not going to turn them over and a missed tackle just give the opponent that much better field position and more importantly moving the sticks and adding some points

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••