Green Bay Packers vs. Minnesota Vikin...

Green Bay Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings a " A Clash of GM Philosophies

There are 47 comments on the Most Valuable Network story from Oct 15, 2010, titled Green Bay Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings a " A Clash of GM Philosophies. In it, Most Valuable Network reports that:

Fair or not, it seems that the Vikings and Packers will be compared until future Hall of Fame QB Brett Favre decides to hang up his jersey.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Most Valuable Network.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Danger

Sioux Falls, SD

#1 Oct 15, 2010
Hide your children. Here comes GBPfan.
viking woman

Brookfield, MO

#2 Oct 15, 2010
SKOL VIKINGS!!!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#3 Oct 15, 2010
viking woman wrote:
SKOL VIKINGS!!!
What a disappointment. I thought you were going to tell us it isn't Favres Fault.

I think he needs to hand his Jersey up now because it isn't going to get any better for the Vikings.
viking woman

United States

#4 Oct 15, 2010
waittilnexttime wrote:
<quoted text>
What a disappointment. I thought you were going to tell us it isn't Favres Fault.
I think he needs to hand his Jersey up now because it isn't going to get any better for the Vikings.
Ha Ha,, your so funny,, We will beat you again this year, make sure and show the packer class when the Viking bus rolls into town, make sure and show all those cheese asses again, show us how very classy you all are.
So you really think for one second the Packers are going to get any better? hahaha,,, now that is a good one!!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#5 Oct 15, 2010
Danger wrote:
Hide your children. Here comes GBPfan.
So you read the article. Good.

I agree with much of what was said regarding GM philosophies. It should be required reading for people that really want to understand the NFL and the clash of philosophies.

It should be pointed out that Ted Thompson has taken the one philosophy to a new extreme, never seen before and hopefully never seen again.

I do agree that the teams that are using a Ted-like philosophy would include the Buffalo Bills and Jacksonville Jaguars.

My biggest disagreement with the author has nothing to do with his mostly insightful examination of GM philosophies. The author seems to think that comparisons between the Packers and Vikings will end when Brett Favre retires. Wow. Where is he from? Mars? Because he has obviously been living off planet for years.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#6 Oct 15, 2010
viking woman wrote:
<quoted text>
make sure and show the packer class when the Viking bus rolls into town, make sure and show all those cheese asses again
"I like butts and I can not lie ..."

I bet at least a few Viking players do also. The Packer fans are merely showing their appreciation!

My apologies to Sir Mix-A-Lot.

Location hidden

#7 Oct 15, 2010
viking woman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha Ha,, your so funny,, We will beat you again this year, make sure and show the packer class when the Viking bus rolls into town, make sure and show all those cheese asses again, show us how very classy you all are.
So you really think for one second the Packers are going to get any better? hahaha,,, now that is a good one!!
We are classy. The Packers are winners. We have never talked about him how the Vikings and their fans are doing. Just read these boards and see what is happening. The Viking Fans were excited when they knew Brett was coming and right so. Packer fans were livid when he went to the Vikings. Now read your boards they want him gone, they say some terrible things about his playing and now about his private life. So who are the classy ones? BTW
don't accuse someone of doing something when you don't know the truth. You know it takes two to tango...Have a nice day.
eric

Denmark, WI

#8 Oct 15, 2010
viking woman wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually with Harris and Bigby coming back,there is a chance they will be in shape to play vs Minn. and if they are in form ( thats a maybe) that already makes the defense better and with Bretts elbow,you dont know whats what.If Brett is smart he takes this week off and rests for the Packer game which is a div game.
We had this talk young lady,your putting the cart in front of the horse again and look what happened last time we talked,NY got the best of Minn and the victory (although it was a hell of a comeback and a very good game despite piss poor clock management by NY at the end)

“clemens for president '20”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#9 Oct 15, 2010
waittilnexttime wrote:
<quoted text>
We are classy. The Packers are winners. We have never talked about him how the Vikings and their fans are doing. Just read these boards and see what is happening. The Viking Fans were excited when they knew Brett was coming and right so. Packer fans were livid when he went to the Vikings. Now read your boards they want him gone, they say some terrible things about his playing and now about his private life. So who are the classy ones? BTW
don't accuse someone of doing something when you don't know the truth. You know it takes two to tango...Have a nice day.
The fans of which you speak are fair weather ones to say the least and GB fans trolling these Viking threads. He led us through a stunning season a year ago and has gotten off to a rough start due to a plethora of reasons but it is far from over. Vikes have only played 1 division game and and won it, there are5 more left and winning those games will determine the outcome of this division. Lot of football left but some of these young grade school fans do not understand this, they can only comprehend what happens today.
eric

Denmark, WI

#10 Oct 15, 2010
Seeing as BF has a hurting elbow and he is one tough SOB for sure and in 9 days,GB and MINN do battle at Lambeau field,i wonder if BF will take this week off to rest the elbow and Minn will go with TJ vs Dallas,and GB is a division game which is of monsterous importants.
BF ( you can tell was hurting Monday night)and some of his passes were dead on and some were piss poor,( misses open Receivers WIDE OPEN and that doesnt happen very often) BF wont blame that last INT on his elbow,but, he had that one pass over the middle to Barian i beleive where if he hit him on stride that could have been a LONG GAIN nad maybe 6 but the WR laid out to catch it,or the other throw it just sailed over the WR head by yards,BF just doenst miss those kind of throws,one wonders how much of that is elbow related.One thing is for sure,IF BF plays this week, he will play next week as im sure he doesnt wont to miss GB as again division games are most important.

Erie

#11 Oct 15, 2010
eric: You are correct, his elbow or somethiing was amiss Monday nite as he did miss some open receivers; I believe the play you are talking about was the overthrow to Harvin at the end when Harvin shrugged off Revis and he fell to the ground, Jets were caught in a blitz and that play would have gone for huge yards, maybe all the way. That play or lack thereof left me with a real bad taste in my mouth and the urge to seek out one of these trolls and bitch slap one of them repeatedly.

The thing with him taking a week off is I WONDER IF THAT IS LONG ENOUGH for that elbow to lose the flavor of that tendinitis. Takes a lot longer than a week for that to go away. I suppose it depends on the severity and the individual though.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#12 Oct 15, 2010
Rest is the only long term solution to that kind of injury. A person can play through it, but it won't get better! There is no way that Favre is going to sit until he feels no pain. He will have to deal with it and hope it doesn't get much worse.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#13 Oct 15, 2010
RICE is recommended for that kind of injury. Not Sydney! RICE stands for Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. The most important of those is rest.

Erie

#14 Oct 15, 2010
GBPfan wrote:
RICE is recommended for that kind of injury. Not Sydney! RICE stands for Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. The most important of those is rest.
Don't forget Cortisone shots, that is what I would recommend, one every week 2 days before game time, I guarantee he won't have any pain, he can R.I.C.E it after the season.
eric

Denmark, WI

#15 Oct 15, 2010
One week may not be enough to heal it,but, no work for a week might lighten the pain a bit.At strange as it might sound,maybe Minn is better with a healthy more mobile TJ then a bang up Favre esp. if his arm gets much worse.

eric_113

“Blue collar in paradise”

I did NOT miss a spot

#16 Oct 15, 2010
Hey it's good to see some real fans on here, even if they root for the green and gold...

IMO, the Pack is headed for a disaster. No disrespect meant, but the Redskin game must have been painful for you guys to watch..

On the other hand, IMO again, the Vikes are just waiting to explode on some unfortunate opponent...(I'm looking at the Cowpies)

Erie

#17 Oct 15, 2010
eric wrote:
One week may not be enough to heal it,but, no work for a week might lighten the pain a bit.At strange as it might sound,maybe Minn is better with a healthy more mobile TJ then a bang up Favre esp. if his arm gets much worse.
As much as it pains me too agree with you on that I agree with you on that(only if the pain is so bad that Favre is consistently missing routine passes).
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#18 Oct 15, 2010
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget Cortisone shots, that is what I would recommend, one every week 2 days before game time, I guarantee he won't have any pain, he can R.I.C.E it after the season.
Players shy away from that nowadays. It has longterm affects. I suppose he might consider it as this may be his last season. But I doubt that he will do it.
eric

Denmark, WI

#19 Oct 15, 2010
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>As much as it pains me too agree with you on that I agree with you on that(only if the pain is so bad that Favre is consistently missing routine passes).
The way he was holding his elbow im not sure if he isnt that far away from that point
eric

Denmark, WI

#20 Oct 15, 2010
eric_113 wrote:
Hey it's good to see some real fans on here, even if they root for the green and gold...
IMO, the Pack is headed for a disaster. No disrespect meant, but the Redskin game must have been painful for you guys to watch..
On the other hand, IMO again, the Vikes are just waiting to explode on some unfortunate opponent...(I'm looking at the Cowpies)
Losing Finley for the Year didnt help,but,Bigby and Harris are coming off the PUP list right after the Miami game ( at least should be) and if ready to go,one or both might see some action vs Minn and as long as they keep AR from being popped in the head this week,he should be ok.Not great,not bad either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Woodson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New England Patriots The last game at Foxboro S... Oct '17 RaiderPharts 2
News Raiders vs. Texans playoff preview (Jan '17) Jan '17 SharePharts 12
News Raiders Fan's Drunken Karate Exhibition Ends Wh... (Sep '16) Sep '16 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 10
News NFL: Rice runs autographs for Landry at Pro Bow... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fart news 2
News NFL legend to retire (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 4
News Raiders' Del Rio wouldn't change late play call... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Farts losers 1
News Thompson: 49ers, Raiders truths about to be rev... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 4
More from around the web