Green Bay Packers CB Charles Woodson backs Wisconsin union protesters

Feb 20, 2011 Full story: Green Bay Press-Gazette

Charles Woodson is the latest Green Bay Packers player to lend his support to Wisconsin union employees.

Full Story
bedazzeled

Atlanta, GA

#1 Feb 20, 2011
Am I a fan. of course but not a star worshiper.For someone who makes more on a signing bonus in 1 year than I make in a lifetime. Who only works in Wi.and is a temporary resident to make such a comment is just ignorant in itself. 40 years in this state 20 as a tax payer. Unions have served their time. As a former union member I speak from experience.They did nothing for me but vote my job to another country.There is no one who has to work in a sweat shop for .20 cent an hour in this country anymore. It is time for everyone to start taking care of themselves and not relying on gov. I am a little tired of paying my health care cost, tax burdens, and retirement,without paying for someone else.This is just stupid silly where this country has gone in the last few years.End unions,welfare and food stamps (unless periodic drug tests are taken and birth control is used when they are on it) enough ranting!
Don from Kimberly

Kaukauna, WI

#2 Feb 20, 2011
bedazzeled wrote:
Am I a fan. of course but not a star worshiper.For someone who makes more on a signing bonus in 1 year than I make in a lifetime. Who only works in Wi.and is a temporary resident to make such a comment is just ignorant in itself. 40 years in this state 20 as a tax payer. Unions have served their time. As a former union member I speak from experience.They did nothing for me but vote my job to another country.There is no one who has to work in a sweat shop for .20 cent an hour in this country anymore. It is time for everyone to start taking care of themselves and not relying on gov. I am a little tired of paying my health care cost, tax burdens, and retirement,without paying for someone else.This is just stupid silly where this country has gone in the last few years.End unions,welfare and food stamps (unless periodic drug tests are taken and birth control is used when they are on it) enough ranting!
The issue of collective bargaining rights affects all workers whether unionized or not because those hard won benefits spill over into non-union compensation packages as well. Rights such as minimum wages, child labor law protections, pay for overtime worked, and safe work conditions should be celebrated. Woodson and the other players that have come out in favor of workers rights are to be applauded for voicing the courage of their commitments. End unions? Where's the freedom in that attitude? Sure the players make a lot of money. Why shouldn't they? millions of people are willing to spend lots of money to see them perform just like rock stars and other celebrities. They risk serious career ending injuries every week and you don't think it's right for them to even talk to their employers? I'm glad I don't work for a guy like you. Wait until those money grubbing billionaire owners lock out the players this year and see who's side you're on. I suspect you'll damn both sides and be happy that everyone loses out. Too bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Woodson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Geno Smith's Slower Trigger Oct 21 Flatulence Fred 92
Raiders' Charles Woodson: 'We're not very good' Oct 3 Max Flatulence 20
Oakland Raiders Training Camp: CB T.J. Carrie M... Jul '14 TexasRaider 6
Charles Woodson wants DeSean Jackson on Oakland... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Go Blue Forever 7
DeSean Jackson intrigues Raiders (Mar '14) Mar '14 Flynnished 2
Thompson: Oakland Raiders have high hopes in 20... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Raider_Faith 1
Oakland Raiders Rumors: Team Mulling DeSean Jac... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Phoenix Ascended 30

Charles Woodson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE