Cheesy pickins: Packers punch Super B...

Cheesy pickins: Packers punch Super Bowl ticket as late interceptions preserve win over Bears

There are 205 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 23, 2011, titled Cheesy pickins: Packers punch Super Bowl ticket as late interceptions preserve win over Bears. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

There was one Monster of the Midway in the NFC championship game and his name was Aaron Rodgers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Jimi

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jan 24, 2011
Aaron who? Good thing "our" team drafted a pair of future hall of famers by the name of tray Willioms and Erasumus James.
BrentF

Cumberland, WI

#2 Jan 24, 2011
Don't worry all you Packer hatin' Vikes fans, we'll be ready next year! I'm coming back and you can buy lots more #4 shirts, so I can pay my lawyers and my cell phone bills.
Mike

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jan 24, 2011
Bears in 2007 Packers in 2011 why not the Vikings?
B Nagurski

Farmington, MN

#5 Jan 24, 2011
Mike wrote:
Bears in 2007 Packers in 2011 why not the Vikings?
Why not??? I'll tell you why. 18 expiring contracts, no solution at quarterback, an untested coaching staff and a stadium with no roof. Let's tip our cap to the Packers...they have everything that we lack. Go NFC. Go Packers.

Since: Sep 08

Farmington, MN

#6 Jan 24, 2011
the ref's were going to make sure the packers won that game yesterday..FIX

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#7 Jan 24, 2011
oxboro wrote:
Gooooo Steelers!!!!!!
Charles Manson

Webster, NY

#8 Jan 24, 2011
Congrats Packers, you can do things the Vikings may never do.
GBPmies

Helsinki, Finland

#10 Jan 24, 2011
oxboro wrote:
It was a good hard fought game by both teams. I still think the Pack played better and yesterday the better team won. What is it that the refs did? Were there some calls you thought they messed up? Which ones? Seems like a pretty weak statement IMO.
Matt45

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Jan 24, 2011
YES!! A very good day to be at work in St. Paul. GO PACK!
viking bob

Rochester, MN

#12 Jan 24, 2011
fudge pack fudge
Sherm

AOL

#13 Jan 24, 2011
It took a third string quarterback throwing an interception directly into the stomach of a defensive tackle , who ran it back 15 yards for a touchdown, to win the game.
Good luck with that against Pittsburg. To all the teams who just rushed four, and sometimes only three, and sat back in coverage against Rodgers........Hello!
You saw again what happens if you knock Rodgers around, he plays no
better than anyone else. Pittsburg understands that, and Rodgers is going to
get his , even if it means a few penalties.

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

#14 Jan 24, 2011
oxboro wrote:
Doesn't matter which NFC won. There at least five AFC teams that are better this year than anything the NFC can offer. Early prediction, Steelers 31-17 over the Cheeseheads.
Ben10

Grand Rapids, MN

#16 Jan 24, 2011
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a good hard fought game by both teams. I still think the Pack played better and yesterday the better team won. What is it that the refs did? Were there some calls you thought they messed up? Which ones? Seems like a pretty weak statement IMO.
Hard fought by both teams? Starting with the anemia shown by the dying Eagles, the Falcons looked like a bunch of old ladies, and the Bears, well, they played like most people expected them to play. What a joke the NFL has become. We nearly had an NFC championship between a 7-9 team and a 10-6 team that was one play/bad call from not even making the playoffs. Disgracful. What a bore.

“Charity is a Personal Choice”

Since: Mar 08

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jan 24, 2011
Da Crusher_RIP wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter which NFC won. There at least five AFC teams that are better this year than anything the NFC can offer. Early prediction, Steelers 31-17 over the Cheeseheads.
I guess we'll find out in 2 weeks. In the meantime, I will savor the sweet taste of victory and enjoy the ride. Thanks to the Pack!

Regards to Wanda!

Since: Jun 10

Hopkins, MN

#18 Jan 24, 2011
Sherm wrote:
It took a third string quarterback throwing an interception directly into the stomach of a defensive tackle , who ran it back 15 yards for a touchdown, to win the game.
Good luck with that against Pittsburg. To all the teams who just rushed four, and sometimes only three, and sat back in coverage against Rodgers........Hello!
You saw again what happens if you knock Rodgers around, he plays no
better than anyone else. Pittsburg understands that, and Rodgers is going to
get his , even if it means a few penalties.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Atlanta couldn't bring any heat and Rodgers ate them up, the Bears brought good pressure and Rodgers was average. Now they face probably the most sophisticated and capable defense in the NFL. A battle tested defense.

For the Super Bowl the key for the Packers in running the ball it's going to be a long Super Bowl for the Green and Gold. Woodley, Farrier, and Harrison will put an all out bull rush on Rodgers and I don't think the Green Bay line will be able to hold.

Hopkins, MN

#19 Jan 24, 2011
Let me try that last paragraph again.

For the Super Bowl the key for the Packers is runningthe ball. If they can't run it's going to be a long Super Bowl for the Green and Gold. Woodley, Farrier, and Harrison will put on an all out bull rush on Rodgers and I don't think the Green Bay line will be able to hold.

Hopkins, MN

#20 Jan 24, 2011
Da Crusher_RIP wrote:
<quoted text>
my feelings exactly. At the start of the Playoffs I said if Baltimore, Pittsburgh or New England makes the Super Bowl it won't matter who comes from the NFC.

PHARAOAH

Since: Nov 10

st. paul mn.

#21 Jan 24, 2011
Congratulations GREEN BAY PACKERS, i picked the BEARS, i was wrong again, will i ever get anything right in my political career ?

Hopkins, MN

#22 Jan 24, 2011
the real just another day wrote:
<quoted text>
I swear to god, you mudducks are soooo dumb....
I see you still haven't corrected the way you spell "mudducks"

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

#23 Jan 24, 2011
the real just another day wrote:
<quoted text>
I swear to god, you mudducks are soooo dumb....
Nice intelligent comeback.....snore, snore.

AFC QB's, Brady, Flacco, Sanchez, Manning,Rivers, and that Pittsburgh QB, what's his name? wink, wink.

NFC QB's, Brees & Rodgers. That's it. Stop right there.

The Packers & Rodgers will not have seen a defensive toughness such as what they will face against the Steelers. Root for your team all you want, just leave your wallet in your pocket when it comes to putting your money where your mouth is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles Woodson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New England Patriots The last game at Foxboro S... Oct '17 RaiderPharts 2
News Raiders vs. Texans playoff preview (Jan '17) Jan '17 SharePharts 12
News Raiders Fan's Drunken Karate Exhibition Ends Wh... (Sep '16) Sep '16 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 10
News NFL: Rice runs autographs for Landry at Pro Bow... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fart news 2
News NFL legend to retire (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 4
News Raiders' Del Rio wouldn't change late play call... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Farts losers 1
News Thompson: 49ers, Raiders truths about to be rev... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 4
More from around the web