McCarren: Packers face 'tough game' vs. Giants

Nov 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC26

The Green Bay Packers are looking for their 6th straight win this week, but it might be a bit harder than their previous victories.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

McCarthy has never lost a regular season game to the Giants. In fact, the Giants have only won one regular season game against the Packers since 1995. Besides, the Giants haven't gotten to the point where Coughlin is about to lose his job, so they aren't ready to start winning.
eric

Pittsville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

True but when was the last time we beat them in the playoffs? Back in 62 maybe.
We beat them in the regular season and they beat us in the playoffs.I just dont like the matchup with NY,but, they are 6-4 so they dont seem to have peaked yet either.They were 7-7 at one point last year and look what happened,ITs win able for sure,Its not nearly the end if we lose,as division games are much more important but it makes a statement with a win.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

GBPfan wrote:
McCarthy has never lost a regular season game to the Giants. In fact, the Giants have only won one regular season game against the Packers since 1995. Besides, the Giants haven't gotten to the point where Coughlin is about to lose his job, so they aren't ready to start winning.
Incredible....i went to highschool with Larry McCarren, new his younger sister...Rich East HS, Park Forest,Il...knew he went to Illinois and had heard he played center for the Pack....but lost touch, like you do...small world....
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Incredible....i went to highschool with Larry McCarren, new his younger sister...Rich East HS, Park Forest,Il...knew he went to Illinois and had heard he played center for the Pack....but lost touch, like you do...small world....
Larry was a very good player for the Packers during his 12 year career and holds the 4th longest consecutive start streak in Packer history. He was named to 2 Pro Bowls and was inducted to the Packer Hall of Fame. Unfortunately for him, not a lot of the other Packer players were good when he played.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

One of my favorite McCarren stories was about his first Pro Bowl appearance. Larry was naturally very excited and thrilled to meet many of his idols. He said he met Joe Theismann for the first time. One day Joe needed a ride to practice and Larry was honored to give him a ride. However, Larry thought the ride couldn't end soon enough because of the insufferable conversation by Joe Theismann whose favorite topic was Joe Theismann. Apparently, Joe loved him some him.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Larry was a very good player for the Packers during his 12 year career and holds the 4th longest consecutive start streak in Packer history. He was named to 2 Pro Bowls and was inducted to the Packer Hall of Fame. Unfortunately for him, not a lot of the other Packer players were good when he played.
Yeah, he was really good in highschool, played both ways if i recall...got a fullride to the Illini, and i remember the summer after his freshman year, as he came home all bigger and much more muscular...we had a Qb, Jeff Jones go to Purdue, he came home with a new, gold Camaro....lol...Back then, a lot of funny stuff was common....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

GBPfan wrote:
One of my favorite McCarren stories was about his first Pro Bowl appearance. Larry was naturally very excited and thrilled to meet many of his idols. He said he met Joe Theismann for the first time. One day Joe needed a ride to practice and Larry was honored to give him a ride. However, Larry thought the ride couldn't end soon enough because of the insufferable conversation by Joe Theismann whose favorite topic was Joe Theismann. Apparently, Joe loved him some him.
That's funny....i was a kid, at O'Hare airport, when the Bears returned from an exhibition game in DC....Anyway, i idolized Dick Butkus....as he was walking thru, with the other players, i asked for an autograph, and he said...Get away, Kid....lol....Funny thing was, we only lived like 5 miles from where he grew up in Chicago....
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny....i was a kid, at O'Hare airport, when the Bears returned from an exhibition game in DC....Anyway, i idolized Dick Butkus....as he was walking thru, with the other players, i asked for an autograph, and he said...Get away, Kid....lol....Funny thing was, we only lived like 5 miles from where he grew up in Chicago....
Yeah, players are people too! Like all people, there are some that are mean, selfish, self-centered, egotistical, and lack character for a variety of reasons, or simply have some bad days or moments. It never ceases to amaze me that people act as though their adoration should have the power to transform people. However,it does smack a person in the face to realize that our heroes aren't what we imagined and hoped, but that's also true about anybody we know, hero or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••