Breaking down the Ravens' 2008 schedule

Breaking down the Ravens' 2008 schedule

There are 41 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Apr 20, 2008, titled Breaking down the Ravens' 2008 schedule. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Beat reporter Jamison Hensley's looks at the 2008 schedule. Home games in RED. Preseason games are Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Fikenhild

Parkville, MD

#1 Apr 20, 2008
So, the Sun staff can figure out how to print something in red ink but not how to change the font color on a webpage?
ravencaws from jax fla

United States

#2 Apr 20, 2008
I agree with these predictions,I predicted that the ravens record for this year would be 7 and 9 as well.
Cracker

Rosedale, MD

#3 Apr 20, 2008
Blah Blah Blah.
No we will not lose twice to Pitt.
We do beat the texans of course.
And the Jags will not be able to run the ball, we win at home.
We finish 10-6.
the one who knows

Broadway, NC

#4 Apr 20, 2008
how bout a little early season optimism?

ravens 12 and 4
john

Baltimore, MD

#5 Apr 20, 2008
This is truly proof that you guys need to find something better to do. Predicting game by game before the draft and training camp is the stupidest article ever written in the Sun sports section.(And that's going against some big competition.) How can you even PRETEND to predict game by game outcomes when we don't know anything about a team with a whole new offense and coaching regime? I would understand a blanket 7-9 prediction for grins, but predicting that the Ravens will beat the Giants in week 11 for their "biggest upset of the season" is plain drivel. As an example, the previously 6-10 Ravens beat the defending Super Bowl Champion Steelers by 50-something to 7 the following year in 2 combined victories. By the second game, it would have been an upset if the Steelers had beaten the 1st place Ravens.
Give us football starved fans real articles with real research and real insight (like the "Boom or Bust" article.) Prediction columns like the one above are a waste of your time and ours. Go write for the National Enquirer about aliens or something if thats the best you've got.
Chris

Baltimore, MD

#6 Apr 20, 2008
Losing twice to the Squeelers and Clowns each? I don't think so. Losing at home to the Eagles? Doubt it.... The Ravens seem to play better when the media picks them to fail, and I hope this holds true this season. The second half of the schedule is absolutely brutal.

The NFL gods are not on our side as they have to play the NFC East this year. The Ravens have 5th most difficult schedule in the NFL if you go by last years winning percentages. The Steelers have the toughest and Cincy (6) and Cleveland (8) are also in the top 10. As for the Pats , they get the double cupcake ths year, playing in the AFC East and getting to play the NFC West. The two crappiest divisions in football, hands down.
joe

Washington, DC

#7 Apr 20, 2008
Who do I root for on December 7th, 2008? I hate the Redskins and their insufferable fans. And I hate the Ravens because they were pilfered from another city and the fans in Baltimore (in general) caved on my beloved Colts and they don't deserve to see success. I guess it's a lose-lose for me that day.
PA Sam

Mountville, PA

#8 Apr 20, 2008
I look forward to many close games. With a little luck, who knows! maybe 10-6 but more likely 7-9.
troy

Greensboro, NC

#9 Apr 20, 2008
joe wrote:
Who do I root for on December 7th, 2008? I hate the Redskins and their insufferable fans. And I hate the Ravens because they were pilfered from another city and the fans in Baltimore (in general) caved on my beloved Colts and they don't deserve to see success. I guess it's a lose-lose for me that day.
there are other games on tv to watch that weekend douche. Do you hate the Titans, Rams, and Colts too? The Rams and Colts didn't even have the generousity to leave the uniforms and name and records in the old city. Also before the draft the staff our writers are saying we wont go 500. If these guys ever predicted things correctly I would take them at their word. In the old days of the talented writers like John Steadman, Hensley would have been called in to the editors room, had this piece ripped up in front of him, and possibly been shown the door. Please get somebody who is from and loves Baltimore to write on staff. It would be nice to see a little support from our writers. GO TO ANOTHER CITY SUN SPORTS WRITERS. You are allowed to be a little biased towards the Baltimore teams, you write for the city paper, not the USA Today.
VERNON M HODGES

Laurel, DE

#10 Apr 20, 2008
No confidence Jamison, I believe if the Ravens can stay healthy they could push for a play-off spot.

1-WIN

2-WIN

3-WIN

4-LOSS

5-WIN

6-LOSS

7-WIN

8-WIN

9-LOSS

10-LOSS

11-WIN

12-LOSS

13-WIN

14-LOSS

15-LOSS

16-LOSS
Vernon From Seaford DE.
john

Martinsburg, WV

#11 Apr 20, 2008
okat your wrong we will beat da steelers once like always tht will be 9-9..we will beat the texans. 10-6. i wanna say we will finally wil beat the colts but thats a test but the jags will not be able to run the ball on us thats 11-5 playoffs bud

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#12 Apr 20, 2008
For the most part, at this point in time, I agree with the 7-9 overall W/L record,+/-, but not necessarily with the W's & L's you put up. However, until we see who the Ravens draft, and how things go in preseason, it's waaaaay too early to start serving up predictions.
HOUSTON FROM ATLANTA

AOL

#13 Apr 20, 2008
Cinn- W NYG -W
Houston -W Philly- W
Cleve-W Cinn-L
Pitt L Wash-W
Tenn- W Pitt-W
Indy -L Dallas -L
Miami -W Jax-W
Oakland -W
Cleve-L
Fed up in Towson

Cockeysville, MD

#14 Apr 20, 2008
The Ravens are the only team in the division with a huge question mark for QB, which is not good. Drafting a QB won't help them this year either. So it's a building year -- 7-9 or maybe even 6-10 sounds about right with Pittsburgh and Cleveland fighting it out for the crown, though Pittsburgh's schedule is one of the toughest in the history of the NFL.
Real Raven Fan

Rosedale, MD

#15 Apr 20, 2008
Swept by the Browns AND Steelers....I don't think so. Beating the NY Giants? Nope. My wife could make better picks than this.
Justin Courtney

United States

#16 Apr 20, 2008
The article is quick to point out that a lot of the teams we play on the road don't lose at home. Well last time I checked neither do the Ravens. Swept by the Browns and Steelers??? Where's the faith?
Attila the Hon

United States

#17 Apr 20, 2008
One step at a time, everyone! One step at a time! First, the draft is next weekend. Then, there's the minicamps, training camp and preseason. Only after all this can we discuss the regular season ONE MATCH AT A TIME!

LET'S GO RAVENS!
PA Sam

Mountville, PA

#18 Apr 20, 2008
Great post! Yea, you are right anything can happen to anyone/team.
Should be fun!
Attila the Hon wrote:
One step at a time, everyone! One step at a time! First, the draft is next weekend. Then, there's the minicamps, training camp and preseason. Only after all this can we discuss the regular season ONE MATCH AT A TIME!
LET'S GO RAVENS!
Scott

Hamlin, WV

#19 Apr 20, 2008
The Sun has issued a correction. The byline read Hensley - obviously it was Preston who wrote that crap.

Even if the final record is right - why does every Baltimore writer feel they need to be so negative. The Derek Anderson comment was weak. Yeah, I was upset when we let him go, but lets not crown him with the MVP trophy yet. He played his butt off for 10-11 games. The other 5-6, he was starting to show some weaknesses. Do you think NFL defenses will not learn from last years tape?

I did not see ONE SINGLE mention of what our record may be with the improved offensive production we are expecting from a Cam Cameron offense. Or any mention of what the Ravens have to proove to themselves and the rest of the league.

I predict at least 9-7 and that we will be one close win away from a wild card playoff spot.
Jim from Dundalk

United States

#20 Apr 20, 2008
10 and 6 , playoffs with quarterback by committee running the no huddle offense,,,,,,,,,,going to be a good year..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chad Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Purify's NFL hopes takes a hit: Eureka native c... (Aug '08) Jul '14 ryan kerker 28
News NFL Rumors: Are Dallas Cowboys Close To Hiring ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 kath ... 4
News Miami Dolphins’ Chad Johnson jailed for he... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Beasty Boys 2
News Chad Ochocinco is officially no more (Jul '12) Aug '12 Dahc Nosnhoj 8
News Hue Jackson back with Bengals (Feb '12) Feb '12 TexasRaider 1
News Chad Ochocinco of Cincinnati Bengals says he's ... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Who Dey 1
News Cincinnati Bengals v Atlanta Falcons (Jan '11) Jan '11 GHD Hair Straight... 1
More from around the web