In this arms race, Birds' stockpile m...

In this arms race, Birds' stockpile may not be enough -- Footba...

There are 24 comments on the The Morning Call story from Mar 26, 2008, titled In this arms race, Birds' stockpile may not be enough -- Footba.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

We are in the dying days of the NFL 's free agency period, and the Eagles' approach, like that of many teams at this stage, is of the Popular Mechanics variety: They are tinkering with the roster's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NFC East Observer

Palo Alto, CA

#2 Mar 26, 2008
It would be a real WOW if the Cowboys could win a playoff game.
How many years since they last won one?
Dallas

Casselberry, FL

#3 Mar 26, 2008
ha ha ha..... great article... I love how people get mad.... Cowboys are the 4th youngest team.... so nobody is sweating down here... besides we still have 5 more superbowls than you :)
Smart Football Fan

Jersey City, NJ

#4 Mar 26, 2008
The Eagles have consistently used this approach (conservative/cheap) and had success, they will not change their ways; seldom have they had a good WR, they concentrate on the OL, DL and secondary... They need a Big-time WR and a pass rusher, but refuse to pay one (TO) or choose a good one (Kearse), and the draft has been a nightmare for them, Mamula, McDougal, Patterson, Bunkley, and many others including Freddy Mitchell etc. not good. They are far behind the rest of the east, so buckle up for an ugly ride. Go Cowboys!

Since: Feb 08

Allentown

#5 Mar 26, 2008
baseball season started in Japan. Everyone else starts next week. Enough football talk!
Smart Football Fan

Jersey City, NJ

#6 Mar 26, 2008
To the reason:
Wow, That is a real intelligent comment. Please get some help...
Birds Fan

Allentown, PA

#7 Mar 26, 2008
Smart Football Fan wrote:
The Eagles have consistently used this approach (conservative/cheap) and had success, they will not change their ways; seldom have they had a good WR, they concentrate on the OL, DL and secondary... They need a Big-time WR and a pass rusher, but refuse to pay one (TO) or choose a good one (Kearse), and the draft has been a nightmare for them, Mamula, McDougal, Patterson, Bunkley, and many others including Freddy Mitchell etc. not good. They are far behind the rest of the east, so buckle up for an ugly ride. Go Cowboys!
I knew you were a cowboys fan even before I reached the end of your comment. Kearse had good years as a Titan before he became an Eagle. Who could have predicted he would have been hurt so often and not produce as well as he did in the past? I agree with you on Mamula, McDoougle and Mitchell. They never lived up to expectations. But then again, what team doesn't draft players who don't live up to the hype? Let me guess...the Cowboys? No wait never mind, here is a few Quincy Carter, Jacob Rodgers, Ebenezor Ekuban, Spears could be added to the list pretty soon etc, etc. Bunkley and Patterson can't fall into that category. Bunkley had a solid year in 2007 and if you ask people who know football they will tell you that Patterson could have very well made the Pro Bowl this year. He had the numbers. You should stick to analyzing the Cowboys.
Bob

United States

#8 Mar 26, 2008
Your 100% right the 1st thing the Eagles need is a great#1 wide receiver that can beat press coverages.
bob

Allentown, PA

#9 Mar 26, 2008
I thought the article was very objective. I'm an Eagles fan, but honestly 3 of the 4 moves they made are ho-hum at best.
glove

Franconia, PA

#10 Mar 26, 2008
The "Wow" factor for the Cowpokes could easily turn out to be an "Oh Sh#t" deal if all that speculation comes to fruition. Championships are won on the field not in pre season publications like Athlons NFL preview. The type of chemistry Jones is trying to build more resembles a Meth Lab waiting to blow up...
tjc

Gilbertsville, PA

#11 Mar 26, 2008
finally, a writer that isn't kissing the asses of andy reid and all the eagle fans
scs7

Scottsdale, AZ

#12 Mar 26, 2008
I do believe that Detroit would trade Roy Williams since he will become a free agent after next year. I strongly believe the Eagle's offense needs weapons, particularly in the red zone, and a #1 receiver is the obvious choice. I cannot think of a better receiver that might be available for a price then Roy Williams. I do not see a receiver in the draft that can be of immediate help to the Eagles. If the Eagles can renegotiate a contract with Williams then I would consider giving up a 1st round pick plus either Reggie Brown or Leto Shepard. This move along with what has already been done to the defense along with a good punt returner would neutralize any move made by Dallas.
not that combo

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Mar 26, 2008
Do you really think that Dallas will be able to trade for '85' with the same #1 draft pick they will need (they'll need both) to move up and take Mcfadden? Chad's smarter than that anyway. He's going nowhere without a new contract and if he's getting more than T.O., look out. Also, there's not enough footballs to satisfy either oneas teammates unless they forget about Barber. If that happens, they might not even make the playoffs, but the implosion would be sooooooo fun to watch!
JohnU

Lansdale, PA

#14 Mar 26, 2008
scs7 wrote:
I do believe that Detroit would trade Roy Williams since he will become a free agent after next year. I strongly believe the Eagle's offense needs weapons, particularly in the red zone, and a #1 receiver is the obvious choice. I cannot think of a better receiver that might be available for a price then Roy Williams. I do not see a receiver in the draft that can be of immediate help to the Eagles. If the Eagles can renegotiate a contract with Williams then I would consider giving up a 1st round pick plus either Reggie Brown or Leto Shepard. This move along with what has already been done to the defense along with a good punt returner would neutralize any move made by Dallas.
The Lions already said they are not trading Roy Williams, plus nobody wants Lito Sheppard or Reggie Brown. Face it Beagles fans, you're looking at 3rd palce in the NFC east at best. Your QB's best years are behind him and he'll be lucky to make it through the season, your RB hit his peak last year and he isn't getting any younger, and Dawkins will be lucky to make it one more season. It's time for re-building. The Cowboys already have the most talent in the NFC without making anymore moves.
bob

Allentown, PA

#15 Mar 26, 2008
scs7 wrote:
Brown disappears sometime for a couple weeks at a time, but he's yound with room to improve. It Detroit would take Detroit and a 3rd, do it. If they insist on a WR too, let them pick either Avant or Lewis as a throw in.
JohnU

Lansdale, PA

#16 Mar 26, 2008
Not to mention, Roy Williams has already publicly stated that he wants to go back to Texas, so who do you think he wants to play for?
George

Woolrich, PA

#17 Mar 26, 2008
The difference between Jerry Jones and Jeff Lurrie is Jones played football and loves to win and will do what it takes to win where Lurrie loves to make money and as long as the Eagles don't value great wide receivers with their pass happy offense they will never win a Super bowl.
Mark05

Shreveport, LA

#18 Mar 26, 2008
I think you need to ask for a raise from Jerry Jones because you push as much Bull @#$# as he does.I know you won't post this because your a ban wagon Dallas fan that came out of the closet.Didn't the Eagle's beat Dallas last year when McNabb was healthy and look good doing it?How old are the Dallas reciever's going into next season?
EAGLES FAN 4 LIFE

Santa Ana, CA

#19 Mar 26, 2008
the cowgurls are not getting chad johnson if he gonna be traded the eagles are gonnna make a big run at him to get him
Stop the Madness

Peoria, AZ

#20 Mar 26, 2008
If I hear one more frreakin' "Cowboys to trade up to take McFadden" statement I'm going to go postal!!!- Note to all ignorants : a little NFL math lesson for you -#22 plus #28 does NOT equal #1 through 6....Right now #22,#28 AND their 2nd round pick doesn't even equal pick 1 through 6.......If you can't understand it, find a quarter, buy a clue, and get on the freakin' internet and search and learn the "point system" of nfl draft pick values !!!
Stop the Madness

Peoria, AZ

#21 Mar 26, 2008
Asante Samuel 6 years,$57 million?- God, I wish that Lurie guy would stop being so selfish and just worrying about making money....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chad Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Purify's NFL hopes takes a hit: Eureka native c... (Aug '08) Jul '14 ryan kerker 28
News NFL Rumors: Are Dallas Cowboys Close To Hiring ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 kath ... 4
News Miami Dolphins’ Chad Johnson jailed for he... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Beasty Boys 2
News Chad Ochocinco is officially no more (Jul '12) Aug '12 Dahc Nosnhoj 8
News Hue Jackson back with Bengals (Feb '12) Feb '12 TexasRaider 1
News Chad Ochocinco of Cincinnati Bengals says he's ... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Who Dey 1
News Cincinnati Bengals v Atlanta Falcons (Jan '11) Jan '11 GHD Hair Straight... 1
More from around the web