Johnson, Lelie Trade Rumors Baseless

Johnson, Lelie Trade Rumors Baseless

There are 30 comments on the About.com story from Feb 13, 2006, titled Johnson, Lelie Trade Rumors Baseless. In it, About.com reports that:

Rumors have been floating around the internet recently suggesting a pair of veteran receivers, Cincinnati's Chad Johnson and Denver's Ashley Lelie, are on the trading block.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at About.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ZENO

Toledo, OH

#1 Feb 20, 2006
Their is no way the bengals would trade CHAD JOHNSON for ashlie lelie. Johnson is a much better wide reicever
Justin Heilman

Flowery Branch, GA

#2 Feb 21, 2006
chad Johnson will be with the bengals next year and ahley will be in denver. The only key addition i see denver doing is maybe a koren robinson. But we have to keep in mind ownes has only visited denver, and hasnt expressed interest in any other team. Denver may be set for him. But lelie will be in denver and if he is traded, denver will lack a deep threat big time.
Justin Het

Springfield, MO

#3 Feb 23, 2006
I agree with Justin Heilman except in the situation if TO was picked up by the Broncos then Denver would improve the deep threat far more than Lelie could. Dont get me wrong Lelie is a strong deep ball recvr he still lacks consistency and TO has that(on the field not off) The best case though would be to have TO and Ashley on the ends and Jeb and Rod in the middle......can you say SUPER BOWL?
raiders fan

Santa Fe, NM

#4 Feb 23, 2006
shut ur mouth they eill loose to us next year
Mark H

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

#5 Feb 23, 2006
Justin Het wrote:
I agree with Justin Heilman except in the situation if TO was picked up by the Broncos then Denver would improve the deep threat far more than Lelie could. Dont get me wrong Lelie is a strong deep ball recvr he still lacks consistency and TO has that(on the field not off) The best case though would be to have TO and Ashley on the ends and Jeb and Rod in the middle......can you say SUPER BOWL?
I don't think so bronco's still have a subpar quarter back, don't get me wrong i think plumber can do it but often chokes, maybe if they also sign drew brees, then you can say super bowl.
Justin Het

Springfield, MO

#6 Feb 24, 2006
Mark H wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't think so bronco's still have a subpar quarter back, don't get me wrong i think plumber can do it but often chokes, maybe if they also sign drew brees, then you can say super bowl.
I wasnt saying super bowl just to be a cocky fan that thinks his team doesnt have any faults, I just think it would be a very explosive passing game that would also open up the run even more. I dont look at Jake as subpar QB, in Arizona he didnt have a team and nobody can really fault him for trying anything he could to win. Jake has a team now and he is slowly coming into a comfort zone. If you look at this last seaon Jake was rated very well. You cant look at the Steelers game and say "he was back to his old ways" or "he choked" because look at the Patriots game just the week before that he did great and so did the rest of the team. I hate it when Jake gets blamed when the rest of the team didnt fire on all cylinders either. Jake was just like Peyton against the Steelers, his protection sucked! I might point out Jake being a good team player didnt take any shots at pointing blame on the line to the press like Peyton did. You have to remember that many of the greatest quarterbacks had their share of hurdles to jump before they won the big one. I am still a believer in Jake and am happy with how he performed this last season.
Justin Het

Springfield, MO

#7 Feb 28, 2006
raiders fan wrote:
shut ur mouth they eill loose to us next year
You are a Raiders Fan.....NUFF SAID great season! If you like seeing yor team lose.
Sal

Plano, TX

#8 Mar 3, 2006
Hey to all of you Raiders haters, or the CockLand Faiders every year its the same for all of you Clowns , i remmember the last couple of years faider fans used to say that they were going to beat all the teams with Moss and the other wideouts but what happened? did i see a winning record for you guys? dont think so. So what you guys have to do is shut all of yours mouth and stop talking faider thrash because you all know the the faiders sucks asss and thats for show man. So, dont even say the faiders will beat Denver next year? because not even in your dreams it wont happen just keep thinking about it , because youll never have dreamd either.
Justin Mendez

Boulder, CO

#9 Mar 6, 2006
Johnson Gone out of the Bengels amd Lelie staying put. But it would not hurt enver to grab Chad Jackson in the Draft.
V Cadet

United States

#10 Mar 7, 2006
That would be assuming Chad Jackson ever goes that low in the first round, which I don't see happening. After his strong performance in the combine, I do not see Chad Jackson falling out of the top 20. I do find it funny that Mark H called Plummer a subpar quarterback. The guy has incredible mobility, a strong arm and fairly high QB IQ. The only reason why he gets himself into trouble is because he often has to improvise when your number 1 receiver is 36 years old and is more of a possession receiver and has no number 2,3, or 4 receiver! Let's give the guy some credit. He still manages to get an aging Rod Smith at least 70 catches, 1000 yds, and 7-8 TDs the last couple of seasons. For all you fantasy junkies, if T.O lands in Denver, Jake Plummer will be an unquestioned top 8, maybe top 5, QB.
Matt

AOL

#11 Mar 12, 2006
I live in cinci and there is no way dont forget this is the pros and its money that runs it.Not just in the players pocket but in the owners pocket as well and the brown family knows he is a big part of there paycheck face it love him or hate him he fills the seats
Kmonty27

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Mar 13, 2006
Yeah, no way this happens. But like someone else said, I'd be more than happy with rookie Chad Jackson.
Smart Guy

Fort Pierce, FL

#13 Mar 13, 2006
raiders fan wrote:
shut ur mouth they eill loose to us next year
Why can't Radier fans spell, let alone realize their team (and I use that word loosely) is terrible.
DENVER FAN

United States

#14 May 11, 2006
raiders fan wrote:
shut ur mouth they eill loose to us next year
THE LAST SIXTEEN GAMES DENVER HAS PLAYED THE RAIDERS GUESS HOW MANY TIMES THE RAIDERS WON....TWO!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAH
Jesus Christ

Secaucus, NJ

#15 May 15, 2006
I think that adult men should wear diapers.
Cha Meen

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Jun 21, 2006
Denver is great and will be unbeatable with or without ashley
Denver fan forever

Helena, MT

#17 Jun 21, 2006
Cha Meen wrote:
Denver is great and will be unbeatable with or without ashley
Ashlee if on any other team would be a 3rd or 4th option. I would love to see Denver pick someone up with good hands.
Denver fan forever

Helena, MT

#18 Jun 21, 2006
I would love to see us get someone with better hands. He has been a disappointment
Voice of Reason

Fort Pierce, FL

#19 Jun 22, 2006
Could be wishful thinking but it would be interesting to see if Denver traded Lelie to Detroit for one of their receivers. Williams or Rogers would be great, Rogers has had some problems.
anonomous

Roy, UT

#20 Jun 23, 2006
excuse me but I believe that the raiders have won overall many more games then the broncos... no wonder all the raider haters

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chad Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Purify's NFL hopes takes a hit: Eureka native c... (Aug '08) Jul '14 ryan kerker 28
News NFL Rumors: Are Dallas Cowboys Close To Hiring ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 kath ... 4
News Miami Dolphins’ Chad Johnson jailed for he... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Beasty Boys 2
News Chad Ochocinco is officially no more (Jul '12) Aug '12 Dahc Nosnhoj 8
News Hue Jackson back with Bengals (Feb '12) Feb '12 TexasRaider 1
News Chad Ochocinco of Cincinnati Bengals says he's ... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Who Dey 1
News Cincinnati Bengals v Atlanta Falcons (Jan '11) Jan '11 GHD Hair Straight... 1
More from around the web