Joe Soucheray: Favre's will-he-or-won't-he saga has the feel of rea...

Full story: TwinCities.com

Our quarterback, who at times seems charmingly enough disturbed with all those bats in his belfry, had major newsgathering institutions wrapped around his paw last week.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Waldo

Saint Cloud, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

What ever happened to the crap stoy that Favre was holdingout for another 7 million. Can't these writers get their stories straight? Why do they make this crap up??
Thrall

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

The story is 'who was lying about the Favre texts?' Where'd that one go?

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

Quite simply put because the name sells and they know it. You put a NIKE insignia on a pair of crappy sneakers and mark the price down people will coming run to buy it, much is the same with the Favre name, it simply sells. Look at the way some of these pathetic GB fans like Jim, x favre fan and "give it up" chase his name around this forum longing for the days he played for GB.
david 58

Sun Prairie, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

Hey Joe. Dont ya know these football players are yanking your rope. And laughing their ass's off. Ya wouldnt have a job but for Bret Favre to write about. You sound annoyed with Favre. But your the guy keeping it going. Is this a blog? You dont get paid for what you write, do you? And of course Favre will be back with a pay raise to $20,000,000.
Kenny8649

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

I believe Favre is truly done. As an orthopedic surgeon and an equistrianan afficinado, lower extremity procdures are difficult to completely recover from. Favre's ankle will prohibit him from competing at a level he is familiar with.
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

That's doubtful, Joe. Yet it DOES drum up interest, doesn't it? Embrace the drama. Skol Vikings.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

Kenny8649 wrote:
I believe Favre is truly done. As an orthopedic surgeon and an equistrianan afficinado, lower extremity procdures are difficult to completely recover from. Favre's ankle will prohibit him from competing at a level he is familiar with.
Yeah sure you are, and I actually have the carcass of a dead sasquatch in my freezer at home.
Danyell

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

Joe, please leave sports to your side kick. How about getting back to writing about corruption in this town.
FAVRELOUS

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

"Does switching to Geico save you a ton of money on your car insurance? Does Brett Favre know how to play football?" C'mon guys, the only one stoking all this ferver of Brett is the press. Sports reporters are trying to "scoop" their competition and look what happened. Egg on their faces. WHEN he returns at camp, have at it then, in the meantime, let him mow his yard and spend quality time with his future VIKING QB grandson.
Chief

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

This is why the Pack dumped him. Just got sick of the crap.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

For what it's worth, the Favre situation truly serves to increase the value of the team's marketability, and the marketability of the NFL itself. So even if some people think it's bad for team camaraderie, it definitely brings more attention to the team on gameday.

Think about it - there's a reason (aside from playing well) why games the Vikings played in last season were the highest watched in cable TV history, and much of that reason had to do with Favre. Drama sells, and whether it's real or manufactured here with Favre, people want to see it.
Toolguy

Queen Creek, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

Mark wrote:
That's doubtful, Joe. Yet it DOES drum up interest, doesn't it? Embrace the drama. Skol Vikings.
agreed! This is Bret favre and I cold care less if he is in Kato or not a long as he is here for the regular season. Now lets build ziggy a stadium!!!!!!!!!
Toolguy

Queen Creek, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

Chief wrote:
This is why the Pack dumped him. Just got sick of the crap.
winnng the division? Is that the crap you are talking about?
Toolguy

Queen Creek, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Kenny8649 wrote:
Kenny lay off the paint thinner in Milwaukee. Favre wll play tis year and possibly next for the Purple. Ziggy will open up the vault door wide for no. 4 as will wrangler, Sears , Nike.....etc. Tis is about Money and favre will make over 20 million this year if he plays

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

You cannot deny his talents and impact, just take a gander at the thread about his recent retirement tweet. Pucker fans out in record numbers to tell us we're toast if he retires.
Comical, to everyone not related to cheese.

Money: Brett is a goldmine.

We again have the best team if injuries stay down, Brett knows this team is still elite, now with an attitude as an added bonus.
memyselfandI

Ely, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Every year, watching NFL football feels more like watching professional wrestling. You wonder how those power-mad showbiz geniuses at the league office can keep themselves from fixing games. Every year we get new rules negating hardnosed defense, making the game look dynamic, so they say. We get a sixteen game schedule where all the teams that have clinched playoff spots goof off on their road games. The Arizona Cardinals had no run defense until they got in the playoffs, after that they were pretty good. Why? Because there's no point following a game plan when you can goof off. Randy Moss should be awarded a Medal of Honesty for saying "I play when I want to play." Modern players are paid too much to be willing to put their bodies on the line.

Since: Jan 09

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

Kenny8649 wrote:
Well, I'm not an orthopedic surgeon, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night, and I say he plays.
Hugo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

WGAF?
Murray Doormat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

memyselfandI wrote:
Every year, watching NFL football feels more like watching professional wrestling. You wonder how those power-mad showbiz geniuses at the league office can keep themselves from fixing games. Every year we get new rules negating hardnosed defense, making the game look dynamic, so they say. We get a sixteen game schedule where all the teams that have clinched playoff spots goof off on their road games. The Arizona Cardinals had no run defense until they got in the playoffs, after that they were pretty good. Why? Because there's no point following a game plan when you can goof off. Randy Moss should be awarded a Medal of Honesty for saying "I play when I want to play." Modern players are paid too much to be willing to put their bodies on the line.
Well said
Roman Circus

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

Judged:

Like the Roman Empire the USA has football to distract the masses. Meanwhile, business as usual, stadiums get tax money, then control given to private team owners, IraqafghaPakran war and big banks suck the blood out of the economy, BP ravages the Gulf-

Joe's Garbage logic supports tax money for private billionaire sports teams, but woe to a sick person getting public health.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chad Johnson Discussions

Search the Chad Johnson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NFL Rumors: Are Dallas Cowboys Close To Hiring ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 kath 4
Purify's NFL hopes takes a hit: Eureka native c... (Aug '08) Dec '12 Floyd Black 27
Miami Dolphins&#x92; Chad Johnson jailed for he... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Beasty Boys 2
Chad Ochocinco is officially no more (Jul '12) Aug '12 Dahc Nosnhoj 8
Hue Jackson back with Bengals (Feb '12) Feb '12 TexasRaider 1
Chad Ochocinco of Cincinnati Bengals says he's ... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Who Dey 1
Cincinnati Bengals v Atlanta Falcons (Jan '11) Jan '11 GHD Hair Straighteners 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••