No team claims Benson off waivers

No team claims Benson off waivers

There are 11 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 12, 2008, titled No team claims Benson off waivers. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The deadline for teams to claim Benson off waivers passed Thursday with none of the 31 other NFL teams interested in picking up the final two years of Benson's contract, a league source confirmed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Eric Flynn

Burlington, Canada

#1 Jun 13, 2008
I don't know why the Bears signed Benson he's a trobule maker. However they got themselves into this mess right so they can get themselves out... No not realy the Franchise is screwd for the next 5 years.
eddie shore

United States

#2 Jun 13, 2008
ceds dead
Thomas Jones is Laughing

Warrenville, IL

#3 Jun 13, 2008
I bet Thomas Jones is loving the circus around Benson. That guy was a waste of time and money for the bears

Since: Jun 08

United States

#4 Jun 13, 2008
Maybe, in five years when he is out of money, Curtis Enis can get him a job at the garage door factory.

United States

#5 Jun 13, 2008
Thomas Jones is Laughing wrote:
I bet Thomas Jones is loving the circus around Benson. That guy was a waste of time and money for the bears
This is not to put down Thomas Jones, but he is nothing more than a good journeyman running back. Too much is made of Thomas Jones and his departure. I liked Thomas Jones, but he did not seem to be a player upon which you could build a Superbowl contender, and almost all Superbowl teams have had better backs than TJ. I could see why the Bears took a shot on Cedric Benson - anybody who claims to know, pre-draft, whether a back will reach his potential is not being honest.
eaglesfan

Detroit, MI

#6 Jun 14, 2008
chad johnson needs to go with the philly eagles
Rich

Lynchburg, VA

#7 Jun 14, 2008
Trade for Mendenhall before the Steelers realize how good he is.
ErricMartin

Dallas, TX

#8 Jun 15, 2008
Once he stops drinking a team may still take chance on him because he is a good fullback.

United States

#9 Jun 15, 2008
ErricMartin wrote:
Once he stops drinking a team may still take chance on him because he is a good fullback.
This could be true, but I wonder if his abilities have been permanently diminished from his knee injury two years ago.
poop on my face

Anderson, IN

#10 Jun 16, 2008
Conspiracy Man wrote:
<quoted text>
This could be true, but I wonder if his abilities have been permanently diminished from his knee injury two years ago.
he is a halfback
NOT a fullback
idiot

United States

#11 Jun 25, 2008
poop on my face wrote:
<quoted text>
he is a halfback
NOT a fullback
idiot
I did not say he was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chad Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Purify's NFL hopes takes a hit: Eureka native c... (Aug '08) Jul '14 ryan kerker 28
News NFL Rumors: Are Dallas Cowboys Close To Hiring ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 kath ... 4
News Miami Dolphins’ Chad Johnson jailed for he... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Beasty Boys 2
News Chad Ochocinco is officially no more (Jul '12) Aug '12 Dahc Nosnhoj 8
News Hue Jackson back with Bengals (Feb '12) Feb '12 TexasRaider 1
News Chad Ochocinco of Cincinnati Bengals says he's ... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Who Dey 1
News Cincinnati Bengals v Atlanta Falcons (Jan '11) Jan '11 GHD Hair Straight... 1
More from around the web