C. Johnson legally now Ocho Cinco

C. Johnson legally now Ocho Cinco

There are 20 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Aug 29, 2008, titled C. Johnson legally now Ocho Cinco. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Maybe receiver Chad Johnson can go by the name his head coach hates. The Cincinnati Bengals receiver has legally changed his name to Chad Javon Ocho Cinco in Broward County, Fla., a switch that became official ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Jim

Dundalk, MD

#1 Aug 29, 2008
Will this mean the back of his jersey will read Cinco?

not making a joke im serious

but this is pretty funny, but lets hope he cannot back up his antics when the season starts
Ouch Cinco

Petersburg, VA

#2 Aug 29, 2008
Ocho Cinco or 8-5 won't make it through the first game with the Ravens. Bet he gets an early exit. How's that shoulder my man?
Geno H Taglia

Summerville, SC

#3 Aug 29, 2008
what a tool

Since: Jul 08

Washington, DC

#4 Aug 30, 2008
WHAT A PUTZ!!!!!!!
Dave

Florence, KY

#5 Aug 30, 2008
He's a jerk.
KWR

AOL

#6 Aug 30, 2008
He's an A**hole!! I can't stand this guy. Just shut up and play football.
Dave

Washington, DC

#7 Aug 30, 2008
I hope Ray will knock his head off and pull it out of his a$$. Then maybe he will have some common sense. He is 1 of the biggest prima donnas in Professional sports today along with Pac Man and T.O. He isn't as good as he thinks. When his own coach doesn't like him, then what does that say about him as a person?
Chief Hangemkillem

United States

#8 Aug 30, 2008
Ocho Cinco? Don't you mean Ocho STINKO?
Football Al

United States

#9 Aug 30, 2008
How bout OCHO CINCO IQ! He is a Tard, and I am sure that offends the truly handicapped. Sorry.

Can't wait for someone to lock him up in a blocking situation and yank that shoulder real good. Then it will be O-Cho Ouch-OO...

If the Bugles were smart, they would make his paychecks out to Chad Johnson and he would not be able to cash them, and then get arrested for fraud. Hey, can any of you FBI folks make that happen?
Geno H Taglia

Tampa, FL

#10 Aug 30, 2008
I hope Ray Lewis knocks his .85 cent golden grill out of his mouth.
jon

Denver, CO

#11 Aug 30, 2008
what cincy should do now is retire #85 for whoever wore it before him. This way he cant have 85 on his jersey and him now being ocho cinco, his number wont be.
John

Alexandria, VA

#12 Aug 30, 2008
He's an idiot. 85 is "ochenta y cinco" in Spanish. Someone who has the number 22 wouldn't be "dos dos." Thus, Ocho Cinco is really 8-5. I guess I have too much time on my hands ....

“Suck It Up!”

Since: Aug 08

California, MD

#13 Aug 31, 2008
Can you believe there was talk around town of B'more bringing in this attention starved freak-show?...or was it that "the Oz" actually attempted to bring him in, but Marvin Lewis and company refused?

Either way, unbelievably stupid!
Geno H Taglia

Tampa, FL

#14 Aug 31, 2008
I hope Jarret Johnson fit him for a new grill.
Geno H Taglia

Tampa, FL

#15 Aug 31, 2008
fits
HeWhoCannotBeNam ed

Döberitz, Germany

#16 Sep 1, 2008
This man wasnt breast fed enough growin up. Marvin Lewis said it best, some may find; but its deeper than that.
Makes nice copy, that Johnson, but he doesnt know the price he pays for making himself into a two-dimensional cartoon character. I think this is the single most senseless renamingI have ever heard of, save 'Tampa Bay Rays.' Actually, thats a whole community returning to the days of the Mayflower ... I guess just wanting to be a number pales by comparison.
HeWhoCannotBeNam ed

Döberitz, Germany

#17 Sep 1, 2008
On 2nd thought, maybe that concussion just proved to be too much. I refer to the team doctor.
Surf52

Gwynn Oak, MD

#18 Sep 1, 2008
The idiot doesn't even realize that it should be ochenta cinco.
Geno H Taglia

Bartow, FL

#19 Sep 1, 2008
Surf52 wrote:
The idiot doesn't even realize that it should be ochenta cinco.
his nickname is Ocho Cinco. why would he legally change his name to something other than that? Nothing wrong with "Eight Five" as a nickname. The only ones up in arms are the grammatically correct Mexicans. Us Gringos don't care

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

#20 Sep 2, 2008
Why did the person who wrote the article refer to him as "Johnson"? His last name is Ocho Cinco. As ridiculous as it may be, it is his real name now and he should be referred to as such.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chad Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Purify's NFL hopes takes a hit: Eureka native c... (Aug '08) Jul '14 ryan kerker 28
News NFL Rumors: Are Dallas Cowboys Close To Hiring ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 kath ... 4
News Miami Dolphins’ Chad Johnson jailed for he... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Beasty Boys 2
News Chad Ochocinco is officially no more (Jul '12) Aug '12 Dahc Nosnhoj 8
News Hue Jackson back with Bengals (Feb '12) Feb '12 TexasRaider 1
News Chad Ochocinco of Cincinnati Bengals says he's ... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Who Dey 1
News Cincinnati Bengals v Atlanta Falcons (Jan '11) Jan '11 GHD Hair Straight... 1
More from around the web