Patriots End Titans' Magical Run

Full story: The Associated Press

Bill Belichick told Vinny Testaverde to get loose. The 43-year-old quarterback wasn't sure, so he asked the New England coach again.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jan 6, 2007
Keith in Virginia

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2007

If the titans didn't want Vinny to throw a touchdown pass, they should have played better defense. This is the NFL! Players are paid lots of money to perform on the field, not to whine when the other team doesn't take it easy on them. With the illegal hit on Rodney Harrison earlier in the game and all of the trash talking, why would anyone expect a team to take a knee at the end of the game? When Vinny went into the game, every New England fan knew he was going to throw the ball. Bill let Flutie drop kick a ball last year to close out his career!
Mike Vitelli

Attleboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2007

Titans Rollin On wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, we wont forget that next year when we whip the Patriots ass next year on our way to the Superbowl and we wont stop scoring either after we have them dont by quite a bit! The Patriots want to rub it in, well, i dont think the Titans will forget that next year! Im not to worried bout it, the Jets will hand the Patriots their ass next week. And FYI, maybe the Patriots should learn when to shut the hell up and they wouldnt have gotten so many stupidass penalties! Just remember next year, what comes around, goes around!
Haha, okay...let's break this down. First of all, the Patriots were only leading the game by 13 points which is not a deficit difficult to overcome especially the way the Titans special teams was playing. Second, the Jets will NOT whip the Patriots. Third, if you paid attention junior you'd have seen that Tennessee had MORE penalties than New England. Tennessee went around running their thug mouths and the Patriots gave them what they deserved. You are nothing but and uneducated, ignorant homer of a football fan. I bet you thought Wade's illegal cut block BECAUSE IT WAS INSIDE THE NUMBERS was okay too??? Enjoy another offseason of rooting for nothing chump.
sean

Weymouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2007

Titans Rollin On wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll be in the offseason next weekend when Mangini hands Bill his ass when the Jets run all over their ass, and even if the Pats do beat the Jets by some miracle, dont expect to be goin to the AFC champ game, cause ill just start laughin my ass off! Pats suck and are only facing the inevitable! And that cut block wasnt illegal, nobody else here saw it that way! So quit your cryin you lil titty baby! The Pats dynasty is over!
Hey my little redneck titans fan, Your team lost because they faced the best. The Patriots played 60 minutes of tough football, they never attempted to injury anyone and the pounded all y'alls. If I were you, I would blame Wade and Fisher for waking the sleeping giant. You can cheapshot other AFC South teams, but don't mess with a " Dynasty".

Lession learned. Y'all cheer up.
Keith in Virginia

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2007

I was at the Titans-Rams Superbowl. That was the last time the Titans had a great team (even though they lost). By the way, the guy who made the tackle at the end of the game was a Patriot the year before!) I also watched the the Pats hand the Titans their last playoff loss. The Titans were pretty good then. Finally, I watched New England knock the Titans out of the playoffs this past weekend. The Titans looked terrible. They were outplayed and outcoached! Usually, the trash talking ends when a team has it's ass thoroughly kicked! Titans fans should be humbled and they should start researching possible draft picks. Your team needs help. Hopefully, they make good choices.
New England has won a 3 of the last 5 Superbowls, they've won the last 4 division championships (as expected) and their in the playoffs again! I like their chances and if for some reason they don't win another Superbowl, we've got two first round picks this year and we're way under the cap. With our free agent situation, the upcoming draft and the extra money, I suspect the Pats are going to be in great shape next year. I bet they're in the playoffs again. It's great to be Patriots fan!
Sam

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2007

I just want to know how that block was illegal

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chad Jackson Discussions

Search the Chad Jackson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bills' Gailey chides teen fans for heckling pla... (Aug '10) Aug '10 triple6vamp 2
Buffalo Bills' James Hardy injured again (Aug '10) Aug '10 retirepleaseschobel 1
Jackson challenging for major role in Buffalo (Jul '10) Jul '10 retirepleaseschobel 1
Johnson in mix to start for Bills (May '10) May '10 Bullfarts 4
Orton hears a boo (Aug '09) Aug '09 Jen 4
Dolphins bring in WR Chad Jackson for workout (Sep '08) Sep '08 stan 55
Ex-Gator and Patriot Chad Jackson tries out (Sep '08) Sep '08 Tyrea Perry 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••