Shooter Now: What will the Vikings do...

Shooter Now: What will the Vikings do when Brett Favre retires?

There are 40 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 9, 2010, titled Shooter Now: What will the Vikings do when Brett Favre retires?. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Minnesota Vikings, regardless of the outcome of this season, clearly are in a transition year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

eric_113

“Blue collar in paradise”

Since: Mar 10

I did NOT miss a spot

#25 Sep 9, 2010
oxboro wrote:
<quoted text>
i am asupporter of Brett, but i thought the same thing
It would have been a lot better had Brett and the wideouts been on the same page- 1st game of the season- a MIA Rice, a rusty Brett. Things will work out. The Saints clearly were better prepared in this one- the final score could have been worse had it not been for some gritty defense.
Excuses

Anonymous Proxy

#26 Sep 9, 2010
eric_113 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would have been a lot better had Brett and the wideouts been on the same page- 1st game of the season- a MIA Rice, a rusty Brett.
Lame excuse. It would have better if they left Favre in Mississippi and stuck with a QB who went to camp and knew the wideouts even after Rice's injury.
Lito

Victorville, CA

#27 Sep 9, 2010
Vikes need a huge offensive lineman to create holes for AP and the running crew. The receiving corp gets no respect. They need a Randy Moss type of deep threat. Bret Favre is in preseason form. Is it really hard for Vikings Management to put together a Super Bowl winner? Is it possible to win a Super Bowl in the next half century?
ALPHA

Brooklyn, NY

#28 Sep 9, 2010
What will the Vikings do when Brett Favre retires?

What they always do: Envy the Packers for having the better quarterback!
Now

Thailand

#29 Sep 9, 2010

a) Send 3 losers to go bring him back (again)

b) Do Nothing and draft jokes like Webb

c) Trade another 4th round pick for another 9 year career back up QB (see Sage)

d) Try to coax Billy Joe Tolliver out of retirement

e) All the above
ex favre fan

Red Wing, MN

#30 Sep 9, 2010
oxboro wrote:
<quoted text>
i am asupporter of Brett, but i thought the same thing
queen fans are seeing the bf, that the packer fans have seen for years!.........Last year he was playing for himself,.........This year he said he's playing for the "guys"..........I say 18 tds, 16 ints!.........You can already see, that he doesnt care that much!
Hahahaha

Cypress, TX

#31 Sep 9, 2010
Now wrote:
a) Send 3 losers to go bring him back (again)
b) Do Nothing and draft jokes like Webb
c) Trade another 4th round pick for another 9 year career back up QB (see Sage)
d) Try to coax Billy Joe Tolliver out of retirement
e) All the above
Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaa!
Lil Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#32 Sep 9, 2010
So many folks have this Tea Party like dislike of T. Jackson. I can recall Tarvaris started with the same flash of hope like some folks are painting on Joe Webb now.
Fact is history has shown a high draft out of college has a 50% chance of being a quality QB and a 5% of becoming a Hall of Fame superstar. TJack is making a real low salary and could be traded rightfully so. But, the level of dogging the man gets is not worthy of what he really earns.
DCH6859

West Chester, OH

#33 Sep 10, 2010
WHATEVER 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean that awesome draft that produced QB greats Matt Leinart and Brody Croyle?
Or did you mean the following year's draft, the one that cranked out superstars Jamarcus Russell and Brady Quinn?
Those were lean years for QB's, and Tarvaris Jackson, despite how hated he might be in Minnesota, has actually preformed better than almost every other QB taken in the '06 and '07 drafts.
No,I mean QB's like Vince Young, Jay Cutler, Kellen Clemens or Trent Edwards. All with better skills, mechanics and decision making than TJoke.

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#34 Sep 10, 2010
what will the vikings do when Brett Favre retires?

fire childress i hope

eric_113

I did NOT miss a spot

#35 Sep 10, 2010
Excuses wrote:
<quoted text>
Lame excuse. It would have better if they left Favre in Mississippi and stuck with a QB who went to camp and knew the wideouts even after Rice's injury.
Excuse? No, merely an observation. The Vikes will get these kinks ironed out- and N.O. played very well last night- as I said in my unedited post.
Me and Me

Brooksville, FL

#36 Sep 10, 2010
Good Farve, everyone.

I just wanted to Brett Favre a minute and say Brett Favre to all you Brett Favres out there. It's been a tough Brett Favre this year, but we have no Brett Favre to waste. We can't wait until tomorrow, let alone the day after Brett Favre to start Favre-ing.

In addition, I'd like to Brett Favre you to Brett Favre day, which is every day for the rest of your Brett Favre.

Favre You,
Brett Favre

eric_113

I did NOT miss a spot

#37 Sep 10, 2010
Copy&Paste

Since: May 10

New Milford, CT

#38 Sep 10, 2010
DCH6859 wrote:
<quoted text>No,I mean QB's like Vince Young, Jay Cutler, Kellen Clemens or Trent Edwards. All with better skills, mechanics and decision making than TJoke.
You mean Kellen Clemons: 5 TD - 11 INT - 59.7 rating?
or Trent Edwards: 24 TD - 25 INT - 77.9 rating?
or Vince Young: 32 TD - 39 INT - 72.3 rating?
Jay Cutler tops the list with 81 TD - 63 INT - 83.8 rating.
What skills, mechanics, and decision-making are you referring to?

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#39 Sep 10, 2010
ex favre fan wrote:
<quoted text>queen fans are seeing the bf, that the packer fans have seen for years!.........Last year he was playing for himself,.........This year he said he's playing for the "guys"..........I say 18 tds, 16 ints!.........You can already see, that he doesnt care that much!
its amazing how all the ted thompson haters9 from two years ago have become Favre haters

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#40 Sep 10, 2010
bulldog3 wrote:
Joe Webb will be qb of the future for MN. He will be starter next season - if there is one..
I agree with you.I think they'll keep Tjack around but Im sure Webbs already got his eye on that job.I like the guys attitude.Hes a little cocky and thats good for a quarterback.
trolls

Saint Paul, MN

#41 Sep 10, 2010
The Golf Guy wrote:
<quoted text> He looked pretty old and tired, no way he finishes the season.
He may have looked old, but he only took like 2 or 3 hard hits, and that isn't much for an NFL game. He has as good of a chance of making it through the season as any other QB. Luckily for the Vikes, he's pretty good at getting rid of the ball quickly.
0for50

United States

#42 Sep 10, 2010
bulldog3 wrote:
Jackson will be somewhere else hopefully, bert will be gone for good hopefully, and the vikes will continue to be the most consistent winning team in the NFL. Transistion or not - the vikes get wins and thats what matters.. Vikes rule
Winning during the season is great, but when you are a consistent loser during the postseason, it makes very little difference.
trolls

Saint Paul, MN

#43 Sep 10, 2010
0for50 wrote:
<quoted text>
Winning during the season is great, but when you are a consistent loser during the postseason, it makes very little difference.
Careful now, Rodgers is 0 for 1 post-season play.
0for50

United States

#44 Sep 10, 2010
trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful now, Rodgers is 0 for 1 post-season play.
And if he stays that way for 50 years I, will agree with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chad Greenway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brian Robison keeps belief in Vikings going int... (May '17) May '17 Keep phartz 4
News Vikings' Linebacker Chad Greenway Expected To A... (Jan '17) Feb '17 ExpectedPharts 3
News Part One: Prioritizing The Vikings In-House Fre... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Detroit Lions Cannot Take Minnesota Vikings Lig... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 12
News Vikings' DE Everson Griffen insists 'sky is the... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart Update 2
News 2015 NFL Draft: Minnesota Vikings' 5 Biggest Ne... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Falsified IPs 22
News Minnesota Vikings Player Power Rankings, Final ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Magnum Man II 1