50 for 50: Best draft picks in Minnesota Vikings history

All were great Vikings players. All were great Vikings draft picks. But to rank the 50 best draft picks made by the Vikings in 50 years of drafting, it's mainly about value. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MN Dave in Florida

United States

#1 Apr 23, 2011
I have looked carefully through this list three times now....is it true that Sammy White did not make this list?????
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Apr 23, 2011
MN Dave in Florida wrote:
I have looked carefully through this list three times now....is it true that Sammy White did not make this list?????
I think that is a mistaje too. Stringer and Kleinsasser are both rated higher than they should be.
Dick L

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Apr 23, 2011
And how many Super Bowl victories?
ViQueen

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Apr 23, 2011
"Slow Moe" Williams? Are you kidding me?
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Apr 23, 2011
Dick L wrote:
And how many Super Bowl victories?
Zero. The story is not about wins and losses, it's about the value of the draft picks in the past leading up to the next NFL draft. Did you read the story?
xyz

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Apr 23, 2011
joey browner should be higher. he played when lott did or would have been in the pro bowl even more.
xyz

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Apr 23, 2011
MN Dave in Florida wrote:
if you know the answer why are you asking the question. perhaps you should read through the list several more times.
Jumping

The Colony, TX

#8 Apr 23, 2011
Relieved Bryant McKinnie is not on this list. I would like a list of the worst now to include the like of TJ although I don't blame TJ, Dmetrius Underwood, Troy Williamson and.....
Fatty

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Apr 24, 2011
John Randle wasn't drafted so technically wasn't a draft pick but shouldn't that make him #1 on the list?
the real just another day

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Apr 24, 2011
Wade Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Zero. The story is not about wins and losses, it's about the value of the draft picks in the past leading up to the next NFL draft. Did you read the story?
True, true. Another point could be, all that talent wasted on a nothing team based in loserville. So, when they become the LA Vikis, do these players go with the team, or what? Google me, please....
John Madden

United States

#11 Apr 24, 2011
Are you kidding me? Joey Browner behind guys like Wade Wilson, Gene Washington, Dave Osborne, Jeff Siemon??? What were you watching from 1985-1990? Must not have been the Vikings.
Gen Burkhalter

Oakley, CA

#12 Apr 24, 2011
Where is Paul Krause? Did I miss him on the list? When was he drafted?
Mark

Omaha, NE

#13 Apr 24, 2011
Gen Burkhalter wrote:
Paul Krause was not a draft pick
hank

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Apr 24, 2011
how can matt birk be number 8.i wouldn't even put him in the top 50!!!!!!!!!!
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Apr 24, 2011
John Madden wrote:
Are you kidding me? Joey Browner behind guys like Wade Wilson, Gene Washington, Dave Osborne, Jeff Siemon??? What were you watching from 1985-1990? Must not have been the Vikings.
He was the 19th overall pick. The list is based on draft position relative to contributions to the team.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Apr 24, 2011
Fatty wrote:
John Randle wasn't drafted so technically wasn't a draft pick but shouldn't that make him #1 on the list?
Uh...no. Read the headline and first pargraoh again. This is a list of DRAFT PICKS.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Apr 24, 2011
Gen Burkhalter wrote:
He was drafted by the Redskins.
TommyJ

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Apr 24, 2011
Gen Burkhalter wrote:
Krause was drafted by the Redskins...but he was drafted in the second round, which would make that one heck of a value pick.
TommyJ

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Apr 24, 2011
Wade Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh...no. Read the headline and first pargraoh again. This is a list of DRAFT PICKS.
It would be interesting to see a similar (albeit smaller) list of successful undrafted players.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Apr 24, 2011
TommyJ wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be interesting to see a similar (albeit smaller) list of successful undrafted players.
I cannot think of another Viking undrafted free agent that made a significant contribution to the team let alone another undrafted free agent in the NFL HOF from any other team.(Then again, I'm not an expert in these matters).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chad Greenway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
With Chad Greenway Hurt, Gerald Hodges Gets His... Sep 26 Adrian Beaturson 4
Kyle Rudolph to have surgery on Tuesday Sep 25 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Vikings LB Chad Greenway has broken left hand Sep '14 Switchuation 2
Minnesota Vikings: 5 Players with Something to ... Aug '14 40for60 6
Vikings: Lots to learn, little time to do it Jun '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Vikings linebacker Chad Greenway rescues two pe... Jun '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Vikings will take a hard look at linebackers in... May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 12

Chad Greenway People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE