NBC report: Vikings receiver Percy Harvin has bulging discs in ...

Vikings rookie receiver Percy Harvin is suffering from more than just migraines. Full Story

“Great place to live”

Since: Jan 09

Grand Rapids, MN

#1 Dec 21, 2009
I wonder how Ziggy feels about Childress's extension now? For an astute busisess man he sure has been snookered by the guy I used to call "dead Man Walking".
Now that he has been extended our chances of taking the best players ever in MN to a Super Bowl are almost non-existant. So this window will close, Chile will eventually get fired and the new guy will have an aging team past its prime and we'll have another 5 years of rebuilding. Great Players do not make a team.

Since: Sep 08

Lakeville, MN

#2 Dec 21, 2009
no new stadium
Vikes-R-Us

Missoula, MT

#3 Dec 21, 2009
Why can other teams "chip" a running back or a tight end on Jared Allen and totally neutralize him and we can't seem to do the same thing? Why change linemen and not just help him a bit? Our coach's seem to have trouble adjusting on the fly. If it's not in their game plan it can't be done.

I also have a problem with their having Peterson "slow down" and let the hole develop. We have coached a back that use to run with anger and now he dances at the point of attack. What a shame. We have a running back coach that was poor at best, teaching the best to be poor!
Megdi in Evansville IN

Evansville, IN

#4 Dec 21, 2009
They are a disgrace right now starting with this highly overpaid offensive line. Oh yeah, the two Wilf clowns donít know s**t about football.
This is the time when we're suppoed to be peaking......
We're doomed!
Megdi in Evansville IN

Evansville, IN

#5 Dec 21, 2009
Supposed.
VikingGolfer

United States

#6 Dec 21, 2009
Agree we are doomed if the offensive line does not find its mean streak once again and AP needs to run over our offensive line if they are not getting blocking like they should be. We need to draft two offensive linemen next year in the first n second round. Also another safety in the third round would help also.. Robinson needs more playing time i didn;t see him much last night. Or did he just played awful along with the rest of the Defensive line.
GO VIKES!!!
wgkorb

Gladstone, MI

#7 Dec 21, 2009
Here will be the article headline for the day after the Vikings' first playoff game: "Childress's Arrogance Knocks Vikings from Playoffs".
It comes as no surprise to any fan that has followed the Vikings closely for the past few years that Bryant McKinnie can have problems in the passing game. His size works to his advantage in the running game when he can just run people over, but can be a distinct disadvantage in the passing game. Julius Peppers showed that when a D lineman can get his pads underneath those of McKinnie, he can use leverage to his advantage to push the O lineman right back into his QB.
There is no shame in not being able to block Peppers, an all-universe DE, one-on-one. But what was Childress's solution to this? To bench his starting LT and replace him with a journeyman backup LT, and tell *him* to block Peppers one-on-one. What is wrong with this picture? Hello? Perhaps move a TE to Peppers' side? Or a running back? Or both? Or how about this: have Artis Hicks report as tackle eligible and have *both* O lineman block Peppers on every play. If this coaches blind devotion to his "system" continues, the headline I wrote above will become reality, and the most talented roster the Vikings have had in the last 30 years will be wasted.

“VIKINGS, NFC NORTH CHAMPIONS!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#8 Dec 21, 2009
wgkorb wrote:
Here will be the article headline for the day after the Vikings' first playoff game: "Childress's Arrogance Knocks Vikings from Playoffs".
It comes as no surprise to any fan that has followed the Vikings closely for the past few years that Bryant McKinnie can have problems in the passing game. His size works to his advantage in the running game when he can just run people over, but can be a distinct disadvantage in the passing game. Julius Peppers showed that when a D lineman can get his pads underneath those of McKinnie, he can use leverage to his advantage to push the O lineman right back into his QB.
There is no shame in not being able to block Peppers, an all-universe DE, one-on-one. But what was Childress's solution to this? To bench his starting LT and replace him with a journeyman backup LT, and tell *him* to block Peppers one-on-one. What is wrong with this picture? Hello? Perhaps move a TE to Peppers' side? Or a running back? Or both? Or how about this: have Artis Hicks report as tackle eligible and have *both* O lineman block Peppers on every play. If this coaches blind devotion to his "system" continues, the headline I wrote above will become reality, and the most talented roster the Vikings have had in the last 30 years will be wasted.
Good post but sorry to say the "the most talented roster the Vikings have had in the last 30 years will be wasted"
HAS ALREADY been wasted.
Childress will go down as one of the worst coaches ever to coach in the NFL.
Great move Wilf (You stupid SOB) by giving this gutless wonder an extension
rob

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Dec 21, 2009
brinkley.... should be cut
rob

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Dec 21, 2009
find a linebacker ....this week
Years of frustration

Spokane, WA

#11 Dec 21, 2009
To say that McKinney had a bad day is like trying to cover up bull crap with a post it. The guy showed you he needs to be replaced before the vikes can ever go to any SB. Cut the cord, sever the ties and bring in a partner for Hutch!!!! By the way, the entire right side of line needs to be replaced too!!! Last for games, how many holes have they opened up for AP???? 3 of 4 games we couldn't even run to the right side of the line. No excuses, no more garbled defense of these bums. It's time to replace the lot!!!! As for M. Williams what a classic acting job as he tried to cover up himself falling down instead of getting the easy pick. Finally as for DE Edwards no plays for him. The guy routinely disappears!!! Without J. Allen no one would know his name!!!!!! P.S. What about B. Berrian? WOW gets pushed out bounds, makes no plays and still want F. to throw it his way. Show me something Casper!!!!!!!
oh man

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Dec 21, 2009
I heard that there are PLENTY of playoff tickets left. Hmmm bandwagon is getting kinda spacious real quick here in loserville. Can you imagine the league having to allow extensions again to prevent TV blackout? Biggest joke in pro sports right here in MN. Thank goodness the Wild is(are?) playing better or we would have the trifecta of losing teams. Lets all go to MOA and cheer up!!!
gatoraide

Stuart, FL

#13 Dec 21, 2009
I told you, how many times?!! I faxed the Viking front office about Harvin migraines. READ MY LIPS....PERCY HAS A KILLER TOXICITY TO SOY, SOY LECITHIN, SOY ANYTHING....ALL LOADED INTO CHOCOLATE. HE SAID HE NOTICES THE WORST ONSET OF THE MIGRAINES AFTER HE GOBBLES CHOCOLATE . DUH! The lights are on but nobody is home up there in Winter Park!
Imnocoachbut

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Dec 21, 2009
Why didn't the left tackle get some help against Peppers, et al? And why don't they put in more boot legs so Favre can roll to his right where he's been very strong throughout his career? I think Bevell needs some help. And bring back the flee flicker for Pete's sake. If opposing teams are going to put 8 or 9 in the box then make them pay for it!
Good Show

Superior, WI

#15 Dec 21, 2009
So glad Childress is owning up to the fiasco. I feel so much better now that the problem(s) have been addressed!!!!!
DebraNY

United States

#16 Dec 22, 2009
I am shocked that the Vikes were not UP for this game vs. Panthers! It was an important game! I was very disappointed to the core, seeing that they were not in-sync at this time of year. I feel the coaching staff let us fans down too. Harvin is BIG for our offense, and if he is seriously hurt, we are in trouble without him. McKinnie needs to get his head on straight! What is up with his blocking and giving away our plays with his stance? I noticed it again vs. Panthers? Our coaches have to work w/him to fix that! It could cost us the Championship! Come on guys! What's up with Petersen? Although I know you can't always give it to him on lst and 2nd downs and then Taylor on 3rd and then a pass. It's too obvious! If we know it on our couches how come our offensive coordinator doesn't iknow that???? Get rid of our offensive coordinator. We have too much talent to use the same plays all the time. Every team knows it too!

Let's win this thing and work out the kinks! Farve was right keeping him in the game, however, other teammates have to absorb his die-hard personna!!!!
Facts be darned

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Dec 22, 2009
What were you idiots saying last week coming off a 20 point win over 9-3 Cincinnati?
GABrett

Flowery Branch, GA

#18 Dec 22, 2009
DebraNY wrote:
I am shocked that the Vikes were not UP for this game vs. Panthers! It was an important game! I was very disappointed to the core, seeing that they were not in-sync at this time of year. I feel the coaching staff let us fans down too. Harvin is BIG for our offense, and if he is seriously hurt, we are in trouble without him. McKinnie needs to get his head on straight! What is up with his blocking and giving away our plays with his stance? I noticed it again vs. Panthers? Our coaches have to work w/him to fix that! It could cost us the Championship! Come on guys! What's up with Petersen? Although I know you can't always give it to him on lst and 2nd downs and then Taylor on 3rd and then a pass. It's too obvious! If we know it on our couches how come our offensive coordinator doesn't iknow that???? Get rid of our offensive coordinator. We have too much talent to use the same plays all the time. Every team knows it too!
Let's win this thing and work out the kinks! Farve was right keeping him in the game, however, other teammates have to absorb his die-hard personna!!!!
Chilly should show them tape of the NYG game. They came in to kick butt.

Since: Dec 09

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Dec 22, 2009
The Vikings have a good linebacker ready to fill in for Brinkley: Kenny Onatalu. He's undersized, but he's fast, a ball hawk, and he makes tackles.

Brinkley looked lost on Sunday. Will a week of practice cure that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chad Greenway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minnesota Vikings Player Power Rankings, Final ... Jan '15 Magnum Man II 1
Vikings rookie LB Barr making big impression Oct '14 Spieltard 3
With Chad Greenway Hurt, Gerald Hodges Gets His... Sep '14 Adrian Beaturson 4
Kyle Rudolph to have surgery on Tuesday Sep '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Vikings LB Chad Greenway has broken left hand Sep '14 Switchuation 2
Minnesota Vikings: 5 Players with Something to ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 40for60 6
Vikings: Lots to learn, little time to do it (Jun '14) Jun '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web