Vikings will use silent count on offense

Vikings will use silent count on offense

There are 24 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 22, 2010, titled Vikings will use silent count on offense. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Vikings will use a silent count on offense during Sunday's NFC championship game.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ouachita

Monroe, LA

#1 Jan 22, 2010
"It don't mean nothing"
Pat Williams, your ignorant mouth does not represent the rest of us in the Monroe area. Since we aren't speaking proper English today, I just have to say WHO DAT!! Get ready for a real edumacation in The DOME. 42-17 Saints

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#2 Jan 22, 2010
No way, we don't turn it over and Vikes win 24-21. Favre will handle the noise, if it was any of our other QB's I would say you are right about that score.
Lito

Hesperia, CA

#3 Jan 22, 2010
Now you have the noise factor to contend with. Tony Romo could't get anything going last week. You know the problem. Then find some solutions. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, and more PRACTICE. Is it showtime for the the Vikings running back crew, or will it be a predictable 2 plus yards? Did the coaches and the players design plays for a ground attack? Will the much maligned Viking secondary come up with big plays? Will Darren humble the Vikes? We will see. Vikes don't get any respect until you win the Big One. It would be nice to see who came out to play and desire the victory the most. Will it be a team effort or a sputtering of individual determination?

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#4 Jan 22, 2010
Saint's have had problems stopping the run all year, I think we get that moving again like in the beginning of the year but the HFA for them has me real worried, it is a huge advantage, turnover's will tell the tale of this game.

“Here I come to save the Day!”

Since: Jan 09

Gothem city

#5 Jan 22, 2010
Ouachita wrote:
"It don't mean nothing"
Pat Williams, your ignorant mouth does not represent the rest of us in the Monroe area. Since we aren't speaking proper English today, I just have to say WHO DAT!! Get ready for a real edumacation in The DOME. 42-17 Saints
Don't you mean proper grammar professor?

Maybe my pal Pat will teach you some manners.
FudgePackerKilla

Bangkok, Thailand

#6 Jan 23, 2010
So long as Favre can still change Chilli's suspect play calling somehow, everything will be alright. If not, we could be in for a tough day.
Steveb

Mankato, MN

#7 Jan 23, 2010
OMG.... No way!!! A silent count in a dome full of 70,000 screaming people, who would've ever thought that? Slow day for sports i guess.
Joe Blow

Neenah, WI

#8 Jan 23, 2010
If we had Cincinnati's corners and safeties, or the Jets, I might think more of our chances in this game, but we have problems NOT addressed in the secondary and are facing the best passing team in the NFL. Constant pressure with our front 4 and 3-4 turnovers, otherwise no chance...
Joe Blow

Neenah, WI

#9 Jan 23, 2010
Which is unfortunate since we have way more talent than the Saints, a team that has never won anything and that we have owned since before the days of Sam Mills and Ricky Jackson.
Vikes Dude

West Bend, WI

#10 Jan 23, 2010
does anybody remember the last nfc championship game in "98" falcon came into yhe dome, the rest is history, VIKES win this one 34-17 GO VIKES !!!!!!!4

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#12 Jan 23, 2010
Vikes Dude wrote:
does anybody remember the last nfc championship game in "98" falcon came into yhe dome, the rest is history, VIKES win this one 34-17 GO VIKES !!!!!!!4
Hate to say this but a lot of people think the NFL is fixed and what better way for N.O. to gain revenue and boost spirits in the aftermath of their horrific disaster than for their city to win the SB, not sayin' it is fixed but..........it remains a distinct possibility. Hope the football gods are on our side, we deserve a SB as well, the good people of Minnesota and Viking fans everywhere feel as if they waited long enough-GO VIKES.
d-man

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jan 23, 2010
we dat! we dat say we gonna beat dem saints!
40for60

Duluth, MN

#14 Jan 23, 2010
And the Aint's will use invisible ink on the scoreboard.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#15 Jan 24, 2010
40for60 wrote:
And the Aint's will use invisible ink on the scoreboard.
Game day, got to get PETERSON OFF EARLY or one of our runners to quiet the crowd, BF needs to hear in order to checkdown. I f we do not get the run off early then must stop Brees, don't want the crowd any more into it, if that is even gonna be posssible. No turnovers, these guys put up 6 off turnovers better than anyone else. We do not want to play from behind, scoring first would really ease our minds and let some doubt creep into those paper bag wearing fans. GO VIKESSSSSS!!!
fleurdelis

Largo, FL

#16 Jan 24, 2010
The Saints are in a destiny mode.

Look for Brett Fart to hold another press conference bawling his eyes out.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#17 Jan 24, 2010
fleurdelis wrote:
Nice moniker, wasn't Kim Basinger in that movie? Are you Pierce Patchett(sp) GOOOOOOOOOOO VIKESSSSSSSSSSSSS

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#18 Jan 24, 2010
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>Game day, got to get PETERSON OFF EARLY or one of our runners to quiet the crowd, BF needs to hear in order to checkdown. I f we do not get the run off early then must stop Brees, don't want the crowd any more into it, if that is even gonna be posssible. No turnovers, these guys put up 6 off turnovers better than anyone else. We do not want to play from behind, scoring first would really ease our minds and let some doubt creep into those paper bag wearing fans. GO VIKESSSSSS!!!
Enjoy the game Erie, but if the Aint's have the middle all clogged up, I'm fine with Brett picking them apart.
New Zero would like nothing better than a shoot out, so in that regard, I would surmise they will first off try to stop our run game, just to get Brees as much time on the field as possible.
If the Vikes can run with consistency, Taint's will panic and see a Viking superimposed on the superdome ceiling.
Then they can go back to feeling sorry for themselves.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#19 Jan 24, 2010
fleurdelis wrote:
I'm sure you meant destitute mode, enjoy the beating.
Favres 2 INTs

Katy, TX

#20 Jan 24, 2010
erie-vike fan wrote:
No way, we don't turn it over and Vikes win 24-21. Favre will handle the noise, if it was any of our other QB's I would say you are right about that score.
Good call...lmao!!!!!!
mint jelly enema

Bayonne, NJ

#22 Jan 24, 2010
I THINK THE VIKES LOST??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chad Greenway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2015 NFL Draft: Minnesota Vikings' 5 Biggest Ne... Apr '15 Falsified IPs 22
News Minnesota Vikings Player Power Rankings, Final ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Magnum Man II 1
News Vikings rookie LB Barr making big impression (Oct '14) Oct '14 Spieltard 3
News With Chad Greenway Hurt, Gerald Hodges Gets His... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Adrian Beaturson 4
News Kyle Rudolph to have surgery on Tuesday (Sep '14) Sep '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vikings LB Chad Greenway has broken left hand (Sep '14) Sep '14 Switchuation 2
News Minnesota Vikings: 5 Players with Something to ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 40for60 6
More from around the web