'WTF' Mu premiere feels unfinished an...

'WTF' Mu premiere feels unfinished and unfocused

There are 20 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 24, 2011, titled 'WTF' Mu premiere feels unfinished and unfocused. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Vikings outside linebacker Chad Greenway did a scouting report on Sunday's NFC championship game for the Pioneer Press, and it appeared in Saturday's edition.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Since: Dec 10

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jan 25, 2011
resign him now
30PTBUCK

Green Bay, WI

#2 Jan 25, 2011
Didn't he also predict the Vikings would win the Super Bowl last year?
abacus30

Hilliard, OH

#3 Jan 25, 2011
Would love to see Greenway come to the Dallas Cowboys via free agency. He's great! Can't believe he didn't get signed to a long-term deal before now.
Pet

Amherst Junction, WI

#4 Jan 25, 2011
Chad, I have to agree with most of what you said. The Steelers are sick with success but you can't argue with their approach. They play hard nosed football with no frills. They just win baby. They should beat the Packers, Rodgers will fold under the pressure as he did in most of the Chicago game. Tomlin will have to be sure his d shows up for the whole game and they should be ok.
Walter

Eden Prairie, MN

#5 Jan 25, 2011
Chad Greenway would be the Packers' 5th linebacker.
Charles Manson

Webster, NY

#6 Jan 25, 2011
He nailed it. Great article Sanny you are the best. Can you interview Chad again after the Superbowl to fill your space in the paper for another day.
Artie

Washington, DC

#7 Jan 25, 2011
So Greenway picks the teams that were favored and he's a football oracle? Yikes. What a waste of time these interviews are.
Joe Harmon

Green Bay, WI

#8 Jan 25, 2011
Walter wrote:
Chad Greenway would be the Packers' 5th linebacker.
No, first. He's easily the best defensive payer on the Vikes. He is better BY FAR than Hawk, Barnett, Poppinga - only Matthews could be considered better, BUT, in a 4-3 Greenway is better than Matthews could ever be - Matthews is a blitz package pass rushing duty only linebacker. BTW, the Steelers are easy winners in this game - a much superior team, and oh btw, Troy is healthy.
Joe Kapp

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Jan 25, 2011
Three reasons for a Packer victory. Better O-line, better receivers and much smarter at the Q.B. position. I say 27-21 Pack.
Jag

Monroeville, PA

#10 Jan 25, 2011
Joe Kapp wrote:
Three reasons for a Packer victory. Better O-line, better receivers and much smarter at the Q.B. position. I say 27-21 Pack.
You my friend are an idiot.
andy g

Chicago, IL

#11 Jan 25, 2011
Joe Harmon wrote:
<quoted text>
No, first. He's easily the best defensive payer on the Vikes. He is better BY FAR than Hawk, Barnett, Poppinga - only Matthews could be considered better, BUT, in a 4-3 Greenway is better than Matthews could ever be - Matthews is a blitz package pass rushing duty only linebacker. BTW, the Steelers are easy winners in this game - a much superior team, and oh btw, Troy is healthy.
I agree..Mathews is the GreenBush answer to Jared Allen with mullet...rush side/5 or 7 technique...hard to compare 34 OLB with and 43 backer...Mathews is a nice player though and would be a prototypical WLB in a 43. Compares nicely to Briggs of Bears.
andy g

Chicago, IL

#13 Jan 25, 2011
Joe Kapp wrote:
Three reasons for a Packer victory. Better O-line, better receivers and much smarter at the Q.B. position. I say 27-21 Pack.
Three reasons for Steeler victory:
1) Roethlisberger can take a hit and will need to, Rodgers needs to have escape route. In the end, he will keep plays alive longer with his strength. Fat guys will not catch him while Steelers D Line is more athletic.
2) Steelers have elements of the 2 deep that gave Rodgers fits in Chicago. After the mid 1st quarter adjustments, GreenBush had nothing and Harrison will hit Rodgers much harder and with more "love" than Peppers ever did. The Bears didn't blitz much, and the Steelers will use zone blitzing to contain Rodgers. The Steelers corners though not as good as GreenBush's are better than the Bears.....and the safety matchup favors Steelers style of football.
3) The Steelers will run the ball 40 times. That is not a recipe for a GreenBush win. Both QB's keep plays alive with their feet...Roethlisberger is a SUV and Rodgeres is a Camry LE...in a collision sport...take the tank. Stark has not proven that he can grind out the yards in a grinding game. Though the Pack O-Line is arguably better than the Steelers now, they are weakest where it counts. RT....Harrison will feast on Rodgers better than Mathews will on Roethlisberger...both secondaries are good, and love blitzing...take the tank over safeties and corners...

Steelers 27 Packers 17.
Gnat42

Barron, WI

#14 Jan 25, 2011
Hey Queens fans, you like apples? The Pack in the Super Bowl...how you like 'dem apples? Hahahahahahahaha!!!!
Chuck

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Jan 25, 2011
How come Ziggy's pack of losers never ever never win a Super Bowl?
andy g

United States

#16 Jan 26, 2011
Gnat42 wrote:
Hey Queens fans, you like apples? The Pack in the Super Bowl...how you like 'dem apples? Hahahahahahahaha!!!!
Pak-i-ban twerp....find your rug..

“Skol Vikings!”

Since: Feb 09

St. Louis, MO

#17 Jan 26, 2011
Gnat42 wrote:
Hey Queens fans, you like apples? The Pack in the Super Bowl...how you like 'dem apples? Hahahahahahahaha!!!!
----------
Congratulations to the pacqueers for making the the big game, but, as vikes fans can attest to, making it is not satisfying. You can only brag about it if you win it. And the green and neon yellow team will come up short. Gnat..be sure to come back on here and eat some humble apple pie when they do....LOL
ex favre fan

Hager City, WI

#19 Jan 26, 2011
Eyeguy81 wrote:
<quoted text>----------
Congratulations to the pacqueers for making the the big game, but, as vikes fans can attest to, making it is not satisfying. You can only brag about it if you win it. And the green and neon yellow team will come up short. Gnat..be sure to come back on here and eat some humble apple pie when they do....LOL
Ok then we will brag!...3 Superbowls!....Maybe 4?.......as far as humble pie?....you losers have the ultimate recipe for eating Crow!....Getting bored with you Superbowl want-a-be's!.....Packers - Steelers..........Gotta love it.......Go pack!
chilly4prez

Fond Du Lac, WI

#20 Jan 27, 2011
Another hard-hitting piece of jounalism -- Maybe next week Bob can get Chad to pick us some winning Powerball numbers. Nothing against Greenway (heck of a player), but I'm more interested in how the Vikings plan on getting to next year's Super Bowl than who he thinks will win it this year.
andy g

United States

#21 Jan 27, 2011
ex favre fan wrote:
<quoted text>Ok then we will brag!...3 Superbowls!....Maybe 4?.......as far as humble pie?....you losers have the ultimate recipe for eating Crow!....Getting bored with you Superbowl want-a-be's!.....Packers - Steelers..........Gotta love it.......Go pack!
Any Body But GreenBush...you just don't get it...
Go Steelers.
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

#22 Jan 27, 2011
chilly4prez wrote:
Another hard-hitting piece of jounalism -- Maybe next week Bob can get Chad to pick us some winning Powerball numbers. Nothing against Greenway (heck of a player), but I'm more interested in how the Vikings plan on getting to next year's Super Bowl than who he thinks will win it this year.
The Vikes are not standing around, doing nothing. They have been signing players off other teams practice squad and looking at and signing CFL players. Nice way to supplement the draft. Looks as if Coach LF has plans...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chad Greenway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vikings' Linebacker Chad Greenway Expected To A... Feb '17 ExpectedPharts 3
News Part One: Prioritizing The Vikings In-House Fre... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Detroit Lions Cannot Take Minnesota Vikings Lig... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 12
News Vikings' DE Everson Griffen insists 'sky is the... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart Update 2
News 2015 NFL Draft: Minnesota Vikings' 5 Biggest Ne... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Falsified IPs 22
News Minnesota Vikings Player Power Rankings, Final ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Magnum Man II 1
News Vikings rookie LB Barr making big impression (Oct '14) Oct '14 Spieltard 3
More from around the web