Groh Says Refs' Calls Had Impact on Loss

Groh Says Refs' Calls Had Impact on Loss

There are 2 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Groh Says Refs' Calls Had Impact on Loss. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Nov. 4 -- In the first quarter of Virginia's loss to Miami on Saturday, the Hurricanes faced fourth and two at the Cavaliers 35-yard line and appeared to snap the ball after the play clock had ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

jason

Kingston, NH

#1 Nov 5, 2008
these excuses are always tiring, but when we all know how bad the ACC officiating is, the phantom pass interference call early in the game, and also the 15 yard face mask call, plus several calls that kept one of virginia's scoring drives alive, you should just complain to the ACC as a whole, but not blame the loss in any on the refs.

2 fumbles, 1 int, 18 penalties for over 80 yards, your team only had one penalty called for 5 yards, spent the entire third quarter in or near UM territory, 4 possesions worth i believe, and you want to try to hang this on the refs?

groh just lost a ton of my respect, as if his team being arrested left and right wasn't already hurting my opinion of him.

Since: Dec 06

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2 Nov 6, 2008
Groh should really be careful of complaining about referee calls in a game where Miami was called constantly for every little thing including some phantom holding penalties, while Virginia was only called on 1 5-yard penalty, despite what looked like at least a few holds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedric Peerman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cincinnati Bengals Transaction Log (Apr '12) Apr '12 keith425 1
News Bengals Look To Sign Veteran To Sub For Benson (Sep '11) Sep '11 43000farts 2
News Ravens hold on to beat Bengals, 13-7 (Jan '11) Jan '11 Lumpy 1
News Vick intercepted twice, goes 1-for-5 in Eagles'... (Aug '10) Sep '10 Leah 3
News Peerman Scores for Ravens Against Redskins (Aug '09) Aug '09 Iris Lovelace 1
News Players from local colleges taken in NFL draft (Apr '09) May '09 cbb 5
News UVA Draft Hopefuls Ready for Saturday (Apr '09) Apr '09 Spud 12
More from around the web