With draft behind them, Vikings' focu...

With draft behind them, Vikings' focus turns to Favre's decision

There are 40 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 24, 2010, titled With draft behind them, Vikings' focus turns to Favre's decision. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

With all but one of their starters from last season under contract, the Vikings had the luxury of not having to rely on this year's NFL draft to make or break their offseason.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mushmouthbob

United States

#21 Apr 25, 2010
musskratbob wrote:
<quoted text>
You jerk you are a packer squacker and don't want brett favre making the packers give milk again. Brett favre the best there is or was get real go vikings.
Hooked on phonics, worked for me.
jeb

San Jose, CA

#22 Apr 25, 2010
we do still need OL help and though he is getting up there (33 i believe) alan faneca is a nasty veteran multi-pro bowl guard. i would feel a lot better about our chances with him solidifying that right side. not sure why we aren't involved in discussions.
Ralph

Superior, WI

#23 Apr 25, 2010
JimisRite wrote:
<quoted text>
waaaaaah ... enough already with the crying about the refs in the title game ... the refs didn't punch the ball out of those purple hands on all those fumbles ... and if grandpaw can't take the pounding at 40 he should hang it up and go babysit that new grandkid ...
waaaaaaa....enough already with the crying about Favre. Thats really what your post is all about. If any of you 'sconsinites had any confidence in your own FB team and specifically your QB, Favre still wouldn't still be such a thorn in your all's crawl about playing in MN.

I think most of the country agrees that the wrong team played in the SB regardless of the conspiracy theories out there involving the refs.
truth

Eau Claire, WI

#24 Apr 25, 2010
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
waaaaaaa....enough already with the crying about Favre. Thats really what your post is all about. If any of you 'sconsinites had any confidence in your own FB team and specifically your QB, Favre still wouldn't still be such a thorn in your all's crawl about playing in MN.
I think most of the country agrees that the wrong team played in the SB regardless of the conspiracy theories out there involving the refs.
It's nice to say things like, if the Vikings, didn't team the ball over, or send twelve men into the Huddle, or if Favre, hadn't thrown that last interception they would have won. But guess what, all those things did happen, so the Vikings, weren't the better team and the right team played in the Super Bowl. Teams that turn the ball over don't belong in the Super Bowl.
fran

United States

#25 Apr 25, 2010
so bad for us
Mr Conservative

Saint Cloud, MN

#26 Apr 25, 2010
Aww, second in the division will be about where the 2010 Vikings will settle.
vikesexpert

United States

#27 Apr 25, 2010
IronRanger wrote:
If you haven't watched Toby Gerharts 2009 highlight reel on you tube you should. This guy is going to open eye's when he gets a chance. What a frigging load with speed and moves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RjLh_yO41jwXX
looks like the vikings of old robert smith adrianne peterson toby gerharts richard fenney

multiplied by 3 .
Mr mean

Minneapolis, MN

#28 Apr 25, 2010
get real they kicked the living tihs out of him in the last game and they are going to kick the living tihs out of him for good if he comes back. sorry not going to be a repeat performance this team might break even.
wtf

Minneapolis, MN

#29 Apr 25, 2010
No sense getting worked up now. We're not going to know if BF is returning until the last week of training camp.
vikesexpert

United States

#30 Apr 25, 2010
wtf wrote:
No sense getting worked up now. We're not going to know if BF is returning until the last week of training camp.
ahhh its all ok , this is what makes foosball so great, its the politics, the drama, the hopes, the hindsights, the arguments, the expectations, the let downs, the excuses, the blame game, the 40,000 arm chair quarterbacks, why this sport is the best its the easiest sport to turn things around .. unlike basball or basketball you know the players have to develope etc.
Bullfarts

United States

#31 Apr 26, 2010
Queen Favre will return to not lead the Vikes to a Lombardi
doc

Portland, OR

#32 Apr 26, 2010
I wasn't a bad draft,but is wasn't a great draft. I think the Vikings need to address the QB problem. They had there chances and pasted. Tj and Sage are not the answer to go the super bowl. Wake up Vikings an look into the future.
DannyBoy29

Calgary, Canada

#33 Apr 26, 2010
what a terrible draft...Vikings are starting to reflect Klink's mentality ( which is none) by drafting no one of value...why they wouldn't have taken a QB and let him learn under The Diva for one year is beyond me...Klink is an idiot......
DannyBoy29

Calgary, Canada

#34 Apr 26, 2010
Typical Media wrote:
You guys are never happy! Get over it! The Vikings will be fine with or without Favre! Will they have the same magic as last year? Probably not. Will they be as good as last year? Absolutely! They control theor season. No one really beat them anymore than the Vikings finding ways to beat themselves. They did well in the draft. Tired of the "its all about now" crap. The Vikings have been there and done that before and gotten the same results each time. You don't sell your soul for one big splash! Go Vikings~
nothing worse than beating yourself.........sometimes.... ..
Bullfarts

United States

#35 Apr 26, 2010
Favre
JimisRite

Onalaska, WI

#36 Apr 26, 2010
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
First 2 seasons as starters ... Favre 37 tds, 37 picks, 6500 Yds ... Rodgers 58 tds, 20 picks, 8500 yds .. Sorry dork, but I have all the confidence in the world in Rodgers .. You can bring grandpaw back for the next 10 years for all I care .. He has one title in 19 years .. not been to a super Bowl in 13 years .. and thrown away 2 out of the last 3 NFC title games ... Your pathetic team can't seem to draft and develop a good QB and never will with that idiot coach of yours .. Signing brent just shows that the Vikings are content with always being just a runner up ... Now go dust off that empty dream filled trophy case ... Put some Brett Favre bobbleheads in it or something .. it's the closest you'll ever be to having a championship there!!
Ralph

Superior, WI

#37 Apr 26, 2010
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nice to say things like, if the Vikings, didn't team the ball over, or send twelve men into the Huddle, or if Favre, hadn't thrown that last interception they would have won. But guess what, all those things did happen, so the Vikings, weren't the better team and the right team played in the Super Bowl. Teams that turn the ball over don't belong in the Super Bowl.
well uh, "truth" I think if you look beyond the turnover stats and look at the overall statistics of the game rather than just what you want to see in an attempt to make your point, youll see that NO was pretty much outplayed in just about every category. So again, wrong team in the SB.
Ralph

Superior, WI

#38 Apr 26, 2010
JimisRite wrote:
<quoted text>
First 2 seasons as starters ... Favre 37 tds, 37 picks, 6500 Yds ... Rodgers 58 tds, 20 picks, 8500 yds .. Sorry dork, but I have all the confidence in the world in Rodgers .. You can bring grandpaw back for the next 10 years for all I care .. He has one title in 19 years .. not been to a super Bowl in 13 years .. and thrown away 2 out of the last 3 NFC title games ... Your pathetic team can't seem to draft and develop a good QB and never will with that idiot coach of yours .. Signing brent just shows that the Vikings are content with always being just a runner up ... Now go dust off that empty dream filled trophy case ... Put some Brett Favre bobbleheads in it or something .. it's the closest you'll ever be to having a championship there!!
another packer backer with Favre issues. great. I would have thought they'd have formed group therapy for you folks there in the land of....dairy products by now over this. but I guess with most residents getting DUI citations I suppose its pretty hard to form groups for anything at any one location outside of one's place of residence.
JimisRite

Onalaska, WI

#39 Apr 27, 2010
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
another packer backer with Favre issues. great. I would have thought they'd have formed group therapy for you folks there in the land of....dairy products by now over this. but I guess with most residents getting DUI citations I suppose its pretty hard to form groups for anything at any one location outside of one's place of residence.
Favre issues???.. guess u didn't read my reply to your last post .. WE DON'T CARE! BRING GRANDPAW BACK!.. Watching him break your little purple hearts is as much fun as a Packer win!... It's hilarious reading Viking posts as they try their hands at Fvare expertise .. For 16 years he was satan incarnate to them and now they're all Favre experts .. lolol .... No one knows Favre better than Packer fans and the majority are delighted that "Mr. loose cannon when the big games on the line" is wearing the purple and p!ss yellow ... enjoy his "stats and records" cause that's all your gonna get out of him there in the "land of 10,000 empty trophy cases"
Bullfarts

United States

#40 Apr 27, 2010
Soon enough Chillytard will be driving to the airport to pick up Favre

Then he will drive Favre back to the airport without a Vikes Super Bowl again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedric Griffin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Redskins Could Have Been a Very Different Team ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Hqeathen 1
News Redskins lead Seattle 14-0 after 1st quarter (Jan '13) Jan '13 Crazytempest 4
News Minnesota Vikings release Hutchinson, Griffin, ... (Mar '12) Mar '12 ezg357 1
News Vikings Free Agent Update: Cedric Griffin, Erin... (Mar '12) Mar '12 ezg357 2
News Vikings need cornerbacks, and many good ones ar... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Harry 2
News Rebuilding the Vikings: Should Albert Hayneswor... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Hanyesworthless 11
News Lions Trying To Find A Way To Sign Johnson (Feb '12) Feb '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web