Tom Powers: Backups need to be big-ti...

Tom Powers: Backups need to be big-time players for aging Vikings

There are 41 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 24, 2010, titled Tom Powers: Backups need to be big-time players for aging Vikings. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

If you're headed to Mankato this week to watch the Vikings grunt and sweat, you're in luck! There is a Welcome Tent on site at which you can buy official souvenir jerseys, T-shirts and hats.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“any questions?”

Since: Jun 10

st.john's, newfoundland

#1 Jul 24, 2010
if we have to insert TJACK...i think the tune should be "HELP" by the BEATLES...GO VIKES!!!
JimisRite

Onalaska, WI

#2 Jul 24, 2010
"aging Vikings" ...... love the sound of that
IndyVikeFan

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Jul 24, 2010
Geez, the first days of training camp haven't begun and Tomosina Powers is already in full panic mode. Someone at the paper needs to take him to the restroom and help him clean out his panties.

“any questions?”

Since: Jun 10

st.john's, newfoundland

#4 Jul 24, 2010
JimisRite wrote:
"aging Vikings" ...... love the sound of that
...the sound will be even sweeter when those same "AGING VIKES" humble your " YOUNG " PACKERS.....hahahahaha...GO AGING VIKES!!!
ezg357d

AOL

#5 Jul 24, 2010
ex favre fan wrote:
<quoted text>Ever see berts first pass idiot?...It took Aaron 2 years to make the playoffs, how long did it take bert?......Your berts homeboy! you should know this..........how long queenboy, come on.........How long? PS.....Your a stupid queen fan! Hey, you asked.
This is the answer to Ever see Favre frist pass. I myself didnt see it live only on replay & Favre frist pass went to his self & I dont know about how you judge it but in my book throwing to your self is a whole lot better then throwing a INT on the frist play of a Wild Card game & fumbling on the last play os that same game. I said this before What good is frist year stats on a QB there is many that put up good numbers & where are they now & there is many that dont have the numbers there frist year like Favre & Manning & look at Them now, there in the top 5 of the QBs playing in the NFL Brett Favre actually caught his own first pass. His first pass attempt was deflected by a defender and he caught the ball off of the deflection IS that as bad as Aarons wild Card game & it mite be Aarons 3rd year this year but he has been in the NFL from 2005 Aaron has had more time learning the packers offence Think there mite be a reason? Maybe the coaches knew something about Aaron that they didnt tell there fans, He is Slow & holding the ball to long Reason he thinks Slow I am not saying he is Dumb He is slow at learning This is why the Packs head coach didnt have a new game plan in the Wild Card game after playing the Cards in there last game of the season The coach couldnt change it for that Wild Card game & come up with a new playbook - Aaron didnt have the time to learn it Reason being he is slow & would have took more time then they had.>>> GO VIKINGS
ex favre fan

Exeland, WI

#6 Jul 24, 2010
ezg357d wrote:
ex favre fan wrote:
<quoted text>Ever see berts first pass idiot?...It took Aaron 2 years to make the playoffs, how long did it take bert?......Your berts homeboy! you should know this..........how long queenboy, come on.........How long? PS.....Your a stupid queen fan! Hey, you asked.
This is the answer to Ever see Favre frist pass. I myself didnt see it live only on replay & Favre frist pass went to his self & I dont know about how you judge it but in my book throwing to your self is a whole lot better then throwing a INT on the frist play of a Wild Card game & fumbling on the last play os that same game. I said this before What good is frist year stats on a QB there is many that put up good numbers & where are they now & there is many that dont have the numbers there frist year like Favre & Manning & look at Them now, there in the top 5 of the QBs playing in the NFL Brett Favre actually caught his own first pass. His first pass attempt was deflected by a defender and he caught the ball off of the deflection IS that as bad as Aarons wild Card game & it mite be Aarons 3rd year this year but he has been in the NFL from 2005 Aaron has had more time learning the packers offence Think there mite be a reason? Maybe the coaches knew something about Aaron that they didnt tell there fans, He is Slow & holding the ball to long Reason he thinks Slow I am not saying he is Dumb He is slow at learning This is why the Packs head coach didnt have a new game plan in the Wild Card game after playing the Cards in there last game of the season The coach couldnt change it for that Wild Card game & come up with a new playbook - Aaron didnt have the time to learn it Reason being he is slow & would have took more time then they had.>>> GO VIKINGS
Talk about a SLOW LEARNER?.........How long has it taken bert to learn NOT to throw Idiodic passes, at the worst time possible? I'll tell ya when it happens!.....19 years and counting. Aaron as played 2 years! Idiots. Slow?.........I think berts so Slow that he cant even make up his mind!....Maybe the queens should give him (more time)! After all he is slow, very slow!
Rodney

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jul 25, 2010
Tom can you find something important to write about, if you need work McDonalds is hiring.
Rodney

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jul 25, 2010
Chime up the music, "The Pack Blows!"
IronRanger

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Jul 25, 2010
When reporters start getting a little long in the tooth they call people named Toby.... Tony and spell check won't catch those. Oh... well.
Speaking of Toby..... I can't wait to see him plant his helmet in a linebackers chest as he goes through him. What a load... with power speed and balance. And the rock.. stays with him. We were fortunate to get him.
IronRanger

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Jul 25, 2010
ex favre fan wrote:
<quoted text>Talk about a SLOW LEARNER?.........How long has it taken bert to learn NOT to throw Idiodic passes, at the worst time possible? I'll tell ya when it happens!.....19 years and counting. Aaron as played 2 years! Idiots. Slow?.........I think berts so Slow that he cant even make up his mind!....Maybe the queens should give him (more time)! After all he is slow, very slow!
Like I said...

The acid Favre creates in your stomach should be up in your throat by kickoff.

Favre vs Rogers... 2-0
Outsidelookingin

Grantsburg, WI

#11 Jul 25, 2010
Rodney wrote:
Chime up the music, "The Pack Blows!"
"The Pack Blows?" Wow, that Vikings fan intellect is showing up already, even before Favre has proven he's way too important to come to training camp and actually lead the team. We'll see how the gimpy-ankled, intereception-throwing senior citizen handles himself this year. If "blows" is a word used to describe a team we'll also see how that plays out. Now, go have your mommy mix up some chocolate milk and get some cookies for you as it's probably snack time before your nap.
12th Man

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Jul 25, 2010
Remember, the "Twelfth Man" is a metaphoric reference to the fans. Don't take it literally.
deer tracks

Yankton, SD

#13 Jul 25, 2010
12th Man wrote:
Remember, the "Twelfth Man" is a metaphoric reference to the fans. Don't take it literally.
You are talking way over exfarvefan's head..that is if he had one...can't have one since there isn't one oz of brain matter in that over-inflated empty rock....
deer tracks

Yankton, SD

#14 Jul 25, 2010
Outside Looking In wrote:
<quoted text>"The Pack Blows?" Wow, that Vikings fan intellect is showing up already, even before Favre has proven he's way too important to come to training camp and actually lead the team. We'll see how the gimpy-ankled, interception-throwing senior citizen handles himself this year. If "blows" is a word used to describe a team we'll also see how that plays out. Now, go have your mommy mix up some chocolate milk and get some cookies for you as it's probably snack time before your nap.
Well, I see that some varmints have come slithering out of the slimy swamps of Wisconsin, babbling and cooing like deranged gooney birds setting on rotten nest eggs at lamfarty field..trying to hatch out some real good players....

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#15 Jul 25, 2010
Oldest team in the NFL, LoL.
Favre jacks up that number all by himself.
I agree about Pat Williams and Antoine, but Hutch should have several years as should Kevin Williams.
The line did play horrid in the New O. game, but sporting a first year center and a rookie at end, they should only get better.
Last year was a rare opportunity, but not much has changed for the Vikes.
Except that this year they will play with a chip on their shoulder.
Some will start to feel sorry for the competition in the North as the Vikings still rule.
5-1 against the little sisters of the poor, gb, chi, detox last year, how about a sweep this year? Sounds good
Huge Jazz

Chicoutimi, Canada

#16 Jul 25, 2010
Perfect point, 40for60, on Favre jacking the numbers just himself. Kinda funny. Then add Pat Williams and even Antoine and that is old. But the skill positions, aside from Favre, are still pretty young. Peterson, Rice, Harvin are real young.
durkk

Duluth, MN

#17 Jul 25, 2010
The "heatstroke at training camp" joke is still a sore spot, or did you forget about a certain Tackle who we would likely see retiring this year if it were not for heatstroke.
Dieter

Pleasanton, CA

#18 Jul 25, 2010
Sick and tired of little b*&tch number 4, worst is the embarrasement that Childress puts our organization through.
Nobody, NOBODY is bigger than the team and should be allowed to pull thi s&^t over and over.
Stay home Brett, you show us how you close seasons for over a decade now and here are some so-called fnas waiting with their knee pads on.
Show a little pride and hell with it, swin or sink with TJ, Sage and Webb. F&%cking eh...

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

#19 Jul 25, 2010
durkk wrote:
The "heatstroke at training camp" joke is still a sore spot, or did you forget about a certain Tackle who we would likely see retiring this year if it were not for heatstroke.
Never considered it a 'joke' you sick bastard.
Korey Stringer' death was a tragedy, except maybe for some of the usual pack fans.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

#20 Jul 25, 2010
Let's see the outrage now when some sconny punk calls Korey Stringer' death a 'joke'.
They were all over the very mention of Sarah Palin's daughter, but just like Jolly, when it's one of their own, they morph into church mice.
exfavrefan
jimisanidiot
newday

Freakin hypocrites

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedric Griffin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Redskins Could Have Been a Very Different Team ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Hqeathen 1
News Redskins lead Seattle 14-0 after 1st quarter (Jan '13) Jan '13 Crazytempest 4
News Minnesota Vikings release Hutchinson, Griffin, ... (Mar '12) Mar '12 ezg357 1
News Vikings Free Agent Update: Cedric Griffin, Erin... (Mar '12) Mar '12 ezg357 2
News Vikings need cornerbacks, and many good ones ar... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Harry 2
News Rebuilding the Vikings: Should Albert Hayneswor... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Hanyesworthless 11
News Lions Trying To Find A Way To Sign Johnson (Feb '12) Feb '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web