Knee injury could knock Vikings' Cedr...

Knee injury could knock Vikings' Cedric Griffin out of training...

There are 4 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 26, 2010, titled Knee injury could knock Vikings' Cedric Griffin out of training.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Minnesota Vikings cornerback Cedric Griffin has a torn knee ligament and might not be ready for training camp, coach Brad Childress said today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

vman

Queensbury, NY

#1 Jan 26, 2010
Trade him.. He ws toasted many times this year...
Twinsfan

Belgrade, MN

#2 Jan 27, 2010
With Winfield aging, I'd say CB just went to the top of the Vikings draft wish list.
fred

Rockford, MI

#3 Jan 27, 2010
Nice try guys. I don't blame favre for the loss. They had the game won quite a few times and someone always manged to mess up. I blame the 12 man in the huddle penalty and the interference call that set up Neworleans field goal. Also the Vikings curse. They always are just a play away. I said to my wife after they got that first fumble recovery and were on the goal line, " don't get you hopes up, I saw them with a similar situation only to fumble back to the Raiders in the Superbowl. Sure enough! Hang tough boys you were the better team.

Since: Dec 09

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Jan 28, 2010
As usual, winning starts with line play. The weakest link on the O-Line was RG Anthony Herrera. Remember all those futile 1st down running plays with AP? Somebody wasn't getting a good push, and I don't think the problem was rookie Phil LOADholt, a guy drafted for his run blocking. Herrera works hard, but his level of talent is not starter material. I would spend my 1st round pick on a monster right guard. That alone might convince Brett Favre to give it one more try.

What a shame about Cedric Griffin. You want thirty guys like that on your team - excellent player, but not quite pro-bowl, so he's affordable. No choice now but to draft a CB in the second or third round, depending what kind of draft it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedric Griffin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Redskins Could Have Been a Very Different Team ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Hqeathen 1
News Redskins lead Seattle 14-0 after 1st quarter (Jan '13) Jan '13 Crazytempest 4
News Minnesota Vikings release Hutchinson, Griffin, ... (Mar '12) Mar '12 ezg357 1
News Vikings Free Agent Update: Cedric Griffin, Erin... (Mar '12) Mar '12 ezg357 2
News Vikings need cornerbacks, and many good ones ar... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Harry 2
News Rebuilding the Vikings: Should Albert Hayneswor... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Hanyesworthless 11
News Lions Trying To Find A Way To Sign Johnson (Feb '12) Feb '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web