Vikings' cornerback Cedric Griffin ex...

Vikings' cornerback Cedric Griffin expects to reclaim starting posi...

There are 39 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 31, 2010, titled Vikings' cornerback Cedric Griffin expects to reclaim starting posi.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Vikings cornerback Cedric Griffin expects to reclaim his starting position this season although when and how remain a mystery.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
VIKING fan nowlivinginwi

La Crosse, WI

#1 Jul 31, 2010
Welcome to the NFL and Best of luck Nate. hope you can make a great contribution to the Vikes and help them win the sb this season. Go..Win..Vikes!
rnh

Sanford, NC

#2 Jul 31, 2010
The Trib reports that Harvin was carted off the field today--sure hope it's not an acl...
The Editor

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Jul 31, 2010
THIS is the Top Story?

OMG.
Walter

Hopkins, MN

#4 Jul 31, 2010
Hopefully Harvin's injury isn't too serious. He's a game changer and his loss would really hurt the team.
JimisRite

Chippewa Falls, WI

#5 Jul 31, 2010
hmmmmm ... Rice on the PUP with a "nagging hip problem" ... Harvin carted off today ..... maybe ya better stay down on the farm Brett .... as Jim Rome would say ... "OH OH"
babymamaofdaoned ude

Waite Park, MN

#6 Jul 31, 2010
with harvin and rice injured... Not looking good for a qb return, nor a lot of wins.. poor queens
Gatoraide

United States

#7 Jul 31, 2010
How about being a little stupid for training camp injuries? How about , "lets get guys running around in just helmets, ahoulder-pads and shorts and lets see if we can get a few guys killed before we fet our legs under us?? THAT is not "welcome to the NFL", dudes. THAT is welcome to the idiot house!

What are the tackling dummies for....huh? What are the pre=season games for...huh? Why do you need road-kill in the first two days...huh? Your offensive guys take the raps for nothing. The defense needs to sharpen up on tackling the "other" guys in the games. Instead, they sharpen thier knives our big guns and finish the year in season using arm tackles and grab-ass shoving...huh? Whose idea is that? so, whose next for an easy target? How about a few broken legs?
What lame-brain storm-trooper mentality!! Can't somebody see the sense to waiting 'til everybody has all thier gear on at least???
Gatoraide

United States

#8 Jul 31, 2010
One more thing...ARE YOU TELLING US 'COACH' HAS PUNT-RETURN GUYS IN THE SUICIDE SCRAMBLE NAKED FROM THE WAISTE DOWN??? NICE GOING TURKEYS. HARVEY IS OUT SO FORGET THE REST OF HIS VALUE AS A RUNNER, A RECEIVER, A BLOCKER, AN ALL AROUND THREAT?? YOU GOT A REPLACEMENT FOR THAT, ICHABOD??
Really

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Jul 31, 2010
Take as long as you want Cedric.....no way in hell you will continue to be a starter. Worst conerback in the NFL!!!!

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#10 Jul 31, 2010
Cedric was shaping into a nice CB, hopefully he can get it back quick. Chris Cook has the size, maybe defensive rookie of the year.
May as well keep the string alive, lol.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

#11 Jul 31, 2010
Percy is back at afternoon practice.
The very brusque packer fans who post about injured Vikings like some celebration should have their heads examined. Surely, we now expect it from you.
Real classy
ByThatTime

Tomah, WI

#12 Jul 31, 2010
...Griffin will be an afterthought, unless you talk about 2nd stringer. We'll have identified a suitable replacement for the (non) cover, the (non) shut-down corner by the start of the season. Griffin played five years. That'll be it, unless another team wants to take a chance on damaged goods. Now, the intriguing news - and I didn't know this - is that Favre's status does not work against the 80 man roster. That means the Vikings can knowingly have 81 men on the roster, and check out 80 men, without the 81st man's status affecting the team. Favre's brilliant. The man just plain knows football. Bring on the HOFer who unselfishly stands on the sidelines while the whole team benefits from his absence. Brilliant. Simply brilliant.
ByThatTime

Tomah, WI

#13 Jul 31, 2010
Really wrote:
Take as long as you want Cedric.....no way in hell you will continue to be a starter. Worst conerback in the NFL!!!!
I went back and checked the previous posts and found this one. Couldn't agree more. I can't count the numbers of times I called # 23's number when a big gain was made. Sure, he tackles. But you know what? When the guy who just caught ball against you is moving downfield, you'd better tackle him. Too many critical receptions against this guy and now it's time to tell him to mend the knee elsewhere. Every season we (the fans) are told it's a business. This businessman says it's time for a mediocre CB to find employment at the county dump, because his five years of coverage was garbage.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

#14 Jul 31, 2010
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/427755-min...

Excellent story and spot on.

Everyone can see it but the pitchfork and torch NFC North loser fans of much lesser teams.
durno99

Winona, MN

#15 Jul 31, 2010
He should not have been on special teams to begin with! Your best cover corner on kick coverage? 45 guys on the sideline, 23 of which don't start or do very little. Why can't we find one of those guys to handle kick-offs? I hope to see NONE of this years starters on special teams!!!!!!!!!! Our coaches need to find guys that do something other than watch. Oh wait..........Childress is the coach.
green gay fagers

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Jul 31, 2010
Packers fans are piss#$ because harvin is fine. What low class losers celebrate when a player gets hurt?
JimisRite

Chippewa Falls, WI

#18 Jul 31, 2010
green gay fagers wrote:
Packers fans are ****#$ because harvin is fine. What low class losers celebrate when a player gets hurt?
hmmmmmm ... I can't seem to find any Packer fans "celebrating" any injurys .... another feeble attempt to embelish what's not here
JimisRite

Chippewa Falls, WI

#19 Jul 31, 2010
from the Minneapolis Star Tribune ... "Rookie quarterback Joe Webb was picked off by Greenway on a pass over the middle in a drill early on" .... Favre must be secretly mentoring him .....!yowser!
JimisRite

Chippewa Falls, WI

#20 Jul 31, 2010
40for60 wrote:
Percy is back at afternoon practice.
The very brusque packer fans who post about injured Vikings like some celebration should have their heads examined. Surely, we now expect it from you.
Real classy
let me drop my pants and you can "examine my head"
Waldo

Melbourne, FL

#21 Jul 31, 2010
Don't you just hate the hypersensational media these days. Got to have a late breaking blockbuster story. How bout Harvin out for the season? Punted ball may have tore ligments in his right ring finger.

Idiots who take every word as gospel are fools. Then blame a very competent coach who has nothing but success his entire career. Just shut up for a change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedric Griffin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Redskins Could Have Been a Very Different Team ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Hqeathen 1
News Redskins lead Seattle 14-0 after 1st quarter (Jan '13) Jan '13 Crazytempest 4
News Minnesota Vikings release Hutchinson, Griffin, ... (Mar '12) Mar '12 ezg357 1
News Vikings Free Agent Update: Cedric Griffin, Erin... (Mar '12) Mar '12 ezg357 2
News Vikings need cornerbacks, and many good ones ar... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Harry 2
News Rebuilding the Vikings: Should Albert Hayneswor... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Hanyesworthless 11
News Lions Trying To Find A Way To Sign Johnson (Feb '12) Feb '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web